+ Reply to Thread

Thread: your 1st tattoo

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Default your 1st tattoo

the first tat i ever got, i don't like it anymore
    i got it when i was 18 and I'm now 24

i've been looking for 2 years to cover it up but havent found anything decent to cover it up with since it's pretty dark. I work at a tattoo shop, I'm just thinking i'm gunna get it lasered off..

do any of you feel the same about your 1st tattoo that you got when you were younger??

DeviantMommy's Avatar Mac Town down!

Default Re: your 1st tattoo

I've been asked this question many times...the first tats I ever got are on my hands. I have a black sun just below my right thumb and index finger,on the same spot on my left hand is the outline of a cresent moon,I also have what was supposed to be an upsidedown cross on the middle finger of my right hand,but turned out to look more like a dagger. They are all jail-house style tats,done by friends when I was too young to get anything professionally done. I have been turned down for a few jobs because of them.

I would never remove them in a million years. I kind of like to think of the various tats I got at various times as a little timeline of my evolving outlook on life and the things that were or are important to me. The ones on my hands may stand in the way of me getting a few jobs..but honestly,I don't want to work anywhere that I have to hide who I am.

That's just me..no regrets,just learning expieriances.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Nope, I love my first tattoo. Its the biohazard on my head. Got it when I was 16 and squatting, from a shop in Denver;] I dont regret any of my tats.

HeadlessBill's Avatar Innocent Bystander

Well, I will be getting my first tattoo when I complete my documentary. It will be to commemorate completing the thing. It'll be a cartoon, comic or anime style Goth pin-up possibly with the name of the doc incoporated into the design. I just need to find someone to work on designing it for me.

I'm hoping I won't regret it.

Though I've been toying with the idea of getting 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.' tattooed around my wrist.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

my first tat was a prison style tat that i did my self, i git tired of it after about 3 months and decided to remove it with an x-acto knife.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

My first Tatoo is on my leg ( A musical flag, with the names Musicman, Mr. Rythm)

One of my best friends and I got them 2 weeks after high school Graduation

poison's Avatar Senior Member

my first tattoo was designed by a friend and is on my lower back. unfortunately after it was finished i fell out with my friend as he became more involved in the drug scene.

i find i hide the tattoo a lot with my clothes, mostly because i began to notice little things about it that aren't symmetrical and that annoy me (i'm very pedantic). It also looks bad and is raised due to an allergy to the ink used . its sad to say that once i get the money together i will probably have it removed as it is too big to cover.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

my first few tats were ones i did myself(scalpel and india ink) while in high school. i occasionally regret them. i'm not sure if they count. as to my professionally done first tattoo - it was an "eye of horus" on my left upper arm. i don't think i can regret that; i had loved the image since the fourth grade.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I got my 1st tatoo when I was 15, and thank god that piece of shit is covered up. I had it covered when I was 19. it's underneath the tatoo on the inside of my right calf. 15 year old really don't make the brightest decisions at times.... The tattoo was awful, and i had no idea how to take care of it, so it healed even worse. again, thank god that piece of shit is covered up.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

My first was one I'd been wanting to get for about a year and just went one day and got it done. I haven't regretted it yet, though I would like to get it re-touched at some point.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

Quote Originally Posted by Thistle Harlequin
    I work at a tattoo shop, I'm just thinking i'm gunna get it lasered off..

tsk,tsk! that's cheating..... try to come up with a good tribal design, or save your pennies, because cover up work with a good artist is really expensive. but I'll tell you this much: a good artist can cover a black tattoo with pink and yellow. it can be done. I've seen it. good luck.

I got my first tattoo when I was 17. It's a Celtic piece. Cool design, but poorly done. I've had two huge coverups (Only because they were poorly done works of art, and one was a wedding tattoo. The wedding didn't work out...). For me they are a snapshot of exactly where my head was at during a certain moment in time. A visual journal for me.

Regret sucks. Yeah, I regret the first couple of tattoos I got. I'm just more careful now.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

i cant WAIT till i get my first tattoo. im gonna save up alllll my pennies for it its my little blue pixie dude and curled up in his hand theres writing that says "no demon can ever posess us if we maintain the ability to turn and laugh at it"
    both the pixie and the phrase are from brian froud's book "fairies, 25th anniversary edition"
    cause who doesnt love brian froud hey? hes my favorite artist

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

My first is on the back of my neck, so most of the time I forget it's even there. Don't regret it though. It seems that more people regret their ink for quality reasons than for the content, but doing the lover's name thing is a lot higher risk than a tribal bracelet!

.. always leave half an inch below your partner's name, so after the divorce you can add "will rot in the depths of hell".

mG

Janiac02's Avatar Opera Diva Extraordinaire

I have an idea for my first tattoo, but it's an expensive idea, and will probably remain tattooed in my brain for all of eternity. Or until the worms eat it.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

These stories are why you want to wait until you are totally sure you can live with it forever.

I am happy I waited until I was a little older, and had planned out what art I wanted for years.

The only downside to your first tattoo?

It opens the floodgates to wanting more and more and more!

Plan on getting my first one when I move up north. A dark blue/grey triskelion sorrounded by three circles on my upper right arm.

Since we are on the subject of tattoos, is anyone around here from the Chicago area that does tattoos? I'd be happy to give my business to one of you lovely people...after I see some work ;-)

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

It opens the floodgates to wanting more and more and more!
    ive heard tattooed people say "one leads to two, two leads to twenty" hehe... yeah!

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Janiac02
    Since we are on the subject of tattoos, is anyone around here from the Chicago area that does tattoos? I'd be happy to give my business to one of you lovely people...after I see some work ;-)
    GO NOW to Rodney at Insight Studios;] He filled in my upper arm with color, and did my knuckles that havent lost ink or bled at all. GREAT artist, I recommend him to anyone looking for a tattoo in the Chicago area. Tell him Jax sent you. Hes one of the sweetest, most professional artists I have ever run into, and he really knows his shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jax
    GO NOW to Rodney at Insight Studios;] He filled in my upper arm with color, and did my knuckles that havent lost ink or bled at all. GREAT artist, I recommend him to anyone looking for a tattoo in the Chicago area. Tell him Jax sent you. Hes one of the sweetest, most professional artists I have ever run into, and he really knows his shit.
    How is he with black/grey stuff? That's what I'm going for. Presumable just as adept at that, but some people have their specialties.
    I will keep the tip in mind, thank you very much!

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    ive heard tattooed people say "one leads to two, two leads to twenty" hehe... yeah!
    My wife has come up with a theory.
    You can stop at one, you can stop at two, but once you get your third you will want more.
    My first is a simple black piece, taken from a roleplay game. It is the Black Spiral Dancer glyph.
    I have never regretted it, I just want to add to it, like I want a back piece done of it whilst having the original one on my left upper arm expanded into a band, using other glyph that are link to it.

Saucy Pirate Wench

lolz @ BSD. i debated for the longest time getting the BEWARE glyph just above my bikini line.

My first tat is a very simple triquetra aka the Celtic eternity symbol aka the catholic trinity symbol aka the Norse Volk knot etc etc. It's small and easily hidden with a watch as it's on my wrist. My hunny has the exact same tattoo on his left wrist. we got them about 4 days before we got married on a whim, much like our marriage. we both started small. I have ideas for many many more. the extended design looks like it's going to end up being both sleeves. though at the moment I'm debating actually getting them ALL. maybe just the main two on each shoulder. i don't know though. really all i want to do now is kind of "finish" the one i have. I'd really like ot get a bracelet of ivy vines (the symbol of fidelity) and make the whole thing look like a charm bracelet rather than a cult branding. though my Rob is generally opposed to the idea of me changing my wedding ring and i totally understand why. If i do get anything added to mine it'll prolly be at Zap Tattoo in Hollywood where the first one was done.

But I'll never ever have it removed. Ever.

S

MrGoff's Avatar Member

my 1st i got at the age of 18 it was an arm band on my right upper.Now i have 23 tattoos. lol my arms are almost fin. and I still have the arm band I just worked alot of stuff together now i have a good and evil thing going. one of the funniest tattoos i have is the shocker ( 2 in the pink 1 in the stink ) lol Just look at your tattoos and they help you remember times in your life kinda like mile stones even the ones you don t like.

HollyGrave's Avatar Junior Member

hmmm.. i think if you´re regretting your tats you didn´t think enough before... i thought about that 2 years and then came the first one and i´m still happy... next month comes the second one..!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

only ever got one and never any regretts about that

Nope, I love my first tattoo. Its the biohazard on my head. Got it when I was 16 and squatting, from a shop in Denver;] I dont regret any of my tats.

that's an awesome tattoo!

Quote Originally Posted by poison
    my first tattoo was designed by a friend and is on my lower back. unfortunately after it was finished i fell out with my friend as he became more involved in the drug scene.

i find i hide the tattoo a lot with my clothes, mostly because i began to notice little things about it that aren't symmetrical and that annoy me (i'm very pedantic). It also looks bad and is raised due to an allergy to the ink used . its sad to say that once i get the money together i will probably have it removed as it is too big to cover.

I think that's one of the two reasons I wan't to get this certain one removed. The artist wasn't as great as I thought he was back then when I was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    tsk,tsk! that's cheating..... try to come up with a good tribal design, or save your pennies, because cover up work with a good artist is really expensive. but I'll tell you this much: a good artist can cover a black tattoo with pink and yellow. it can be done. I've seen it. good luck.

I first was looking to cover it, but now leaning towards laser removal because of the area of my body it's at. It's on my hip and I rather not have a tat there...

Quote Originally Posted by HollyGrave
    hmmm.. i think if you´re regretting your tats you didn´t think enough before... i thought about that 2 years and then came the first one and i´m still happy... next month comes the second one..!

Exactly, I turned 18 and I just wanted a tattoo.

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Quote Originally Posted by Janiac02
    How is he with black/grey stuff? That's what I'm going for. Presumable just as adept at that, but some people have their specialties.
    I will keep the tip in mind, thank you very much!
    Hes very good with black and grey. My sleeve was supposed to have no color, but I changed my mind at the last minute;p And if theres something he cant do (I cant imagine that, lol) there is another artist there thats amazing with black and grey, my friend went to him and he did great work on her shoulder blades.

Hes very good with black and grey. My sleeve was supposed to have no color, but I changed my mind at the last minute;p And if theres something he cant do (I cant imagine that, lol) there is another artist there thats amazing with black and grey, my friend went to him and he did great work on her shoulder blades.
    Thanks very much! Good to have some ideas. When I get the money to get it completed I'll show everyone a picture. I have a feeling that will just be chunk by chunk though...

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

I got a little frog on my right foot, I have to admit I could have been better about sunscreen etc & I got it when I was 18. That was awhile ago. The rest just keep coming but I take breaks to figure out what is next.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I'm thinking about turning the swastika on my chest into a smiley face.

no, I'm kidding. pretty much all my tatoos have been planned for years. except my last two, which were designs that I saw and then pretty much immediatly wanted to get done.

my first one was by far the longest planned one and I waited a long time for lack of funds/ laziness. I don't regret it because it's what I want and the artist was a nice guy, so it wasn't a bad experience. the only down side is like most people, they really don't know anything about it when they get there first so they just go to the same shitty place that their freind got thier shitty tatoo done, so the work isn't very good. it definatly needs to be redone, but I mean it's not totally fucked up, it's just not on the level of quality that I would expect and demand now.

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

My first tat was a set of nautical stars on my lower stomach that I got when I was 19, and i still love em to death. My second one isn't the best quality (not totally fucked up though), but I could never regret it even if it's not the best because of the meaning behind it- my best friend from college and I got the same thing together, which sounds like the whole dumb thing college kids do, except for each of us it means a lot more than that. I have planned out all my tats though so they came out the way I wanted them to (or in the case of my birds, even better!).

garrr, i can't wait til I can pay off my taxes so I can start saving pennies for my half sleeve! that one's gonna be a conglomeration of old-school designs with a pin-up girl as the main focus.

batfink666's Avatar Junior Member

Unicorn when I was 17. Must have thought about it for as long as it took to find it in the book. Now obliterated under large biomech thing, which I also kind of wish wasn't there cos then I'd have a whole free arm to fill up. But I can live with it.

agentbuzz's Avatar Junior Member

My first (and currently only) tattoo is a rabbit on my right shoulder. I got it last summer after spending like two years getting up enough courage to go under the needle and just get it. I love it to death, would never cover it up.

The bunny opened the floodgates though, now I want more. Unfortunately the place where I work doesn't allow visible tattoos (at least not here, I heard people have visible tattoos at other locations), so maybe after I eventually move. I want to get an Alphonse Mucha-style lady on my other shoulder or my upper arm, I'm not sure which yet.

+ Reply to Thread