+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CIRCUMCISION - Yes or No?

Default CIRCUMCISION - Yes or No?

So the wife and I are going to have a baby. That has started a HUGE fight between us. If we have a son, she wants him circumcised. I am flat out against it.

What do you guys think?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Re: CIRCUMCISION - Yes or No?

I say circumsize the kid. I know a few guys who haven't been and it leads to all kinds of sanitary problems and infections, esp in kids who aren't as diligent about keeping the ... folds clean. And it'll make it easier for him and his wife to enjoy sex. Not that you want to think about that, but it's apoint.
    K

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

It might be tough for the kid in American schools not being circumcized, but some people do believe that it does not lesson risk of infection and does decrease sensitivity. I kind of think this is one of those issues smart people disagree on.

Will Judy's Avatar Senior Member

We had one uncircumcised kid at our school. He played sports and was pretty tough. He got nicknamed "Aardvark", and it stuck until he shaved his head and started bullying anyone who looked at him crossways.

Just an anecdote. Why are you so deeply opposed?

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

it's the Hygene thing.....oh the memories....but it's not thatbad of an issue I just keep it clean as for sensitivity I think you have to leanr about your body As fo the cicumsison...hmmm it reall is a thing of choice if you're jewish then well....now when it comes to masturbation....whihc goes full circle to hygene and knowing your body...jeesh..I am in open mood tonight.....

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Never had issues with the Hygene thing...nor has it caused any issues socially or sexually. So it's really a non issue for me. I don't see the point of it...and I've heard em all. It's one of those situations where I'm living with the reality of it so OTHER peoples hassles and problems with it are pointless for me to factor in...I say don't do it.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I'm against it, but hey, it's your kid, so you probably should discuss this with your girl, not with us :|

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Dont Do It!!!!

There are no benifits to cutting off your kids skin, except it being the norm in this country. It decreases sensitivity in the long run.

Foxbird's Avatar Member

My wife asked me the other day what my stand was on the issue; (we are also considering having a baby in the next two/three years).
    I said that I supported circumcision for the health benefits, but when I thought about it I have no real information to whether this is actually the case. It's not the kind of thing that tends to come up in conversation with male friends.

Non-circumcised people? What's the score?

virgilnhell's Avatar Junior Member

I am not circumcised and it never has bothered me. I even dated a couple jewish girls and they never had problems with it. The only thing is that you feel like a mutant when your in health classes. Alot of people are starting to guestion this medical practice, and I have also heard that doctors do is because it gives them more money. Anyway America is the only country that passes out circumcition like no bodies business. Heck, even the jewish community is questioning it. Hopefully, this will all workout for the both of you. Oh, and congrats on the up coming addition to your family.

im for it i guess, considering i had my son circumcised.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

i too had my son circumised. it was a big thing between me and my husband. he won. i'm not sorry we did it.

get it done thats all i got to say my cousin is not circumised and alot chcik made fun of him.......but do want you want bro its all you not us we're just throwing ideas

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    Dont Do It!!!!

There are no benifits to cutting off your kids skin, except it being the norm in this country. It decreases sensitivity in the long run.
    I hear different stories on this..I would have no way of knowing since the decision was already made for me...P.

i say dont do it and let him decide when he gets older

nausiatingpain's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bleedingaway
    i say dont do it and let him decide when he gets older
    LOL

Will Judy's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    It decreases sensitivity in the long run.
    Is there any hard science to back that claim up? Because I really want to slap guys who are circumcised and complain of having been denied a portion of their god-given weenie sensitivity.

My problem is, if you have nothing to compare it to, how do you have any idea what you are missing? I think this is encouraging a victim mentality in men using absurd reasoning.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

I'm dating someone who is circumsized. He has no recollection of the procedure (I think they do it when the baby is 2 days old or something) and he says that he is not lacking any sensitivity in any way. In fact, he says that sometimes it is too sensitive (in a good way). Another thing is is that I know a lot of Jewish guys and have had circumcision conversations with them and none of them have any trauma or any memory of the actual procedure. They are well adjusted individuals and if they have any stress at all, it's just from normal life.

I've also come in contact with guys who weren't circumsized. And man, 90% of the time I wish they'd wash it better. Their dicks smelled like ass, and because of that, I had no inclination to head below the waist, much less touch it. One ex I had would bleed once in a while during sex because his foreskin would tear a little. So I haven't had much fun with the uncircumsized.

im tellin man get it done its alot of trouble when they are not im glad i am

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage

I've also come in contact with guys who weren't circumsized. And man, 90% of the time I wish they'd wash it better. Their dicks smelled like ass, and because of that, I had no inclination to head below the waist, much less touch it. One ex I had would bleed once in a while during sex because his foreskin would tear a little. So I haven't had much fun with the uncircumsized.
    90%...no offense but those are some pretty unsanitary fella's you courted if it was so bad. In terms of the bleeding fella..that's a bit odd, can't say I've heard of that happening before.

Never had such problems myself but then again I've actually heard of soap and water...I will say it does bug me that guys like that are used as the measuring stick for ALL guys who are not circumsized. That sucks bigtime.

Tarnish's Avatar Junior Member

There is nothing wrong with an uncircumsized penis, if it's owner takes proper care of it. My guy isn't cut and his penis is perfect. He was my first encounter with an uncut penis, I was a little aprehensive because I'd never even seen one before, but it was and is great. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.

To the original question. Ultimatley the decision is yours, but in my opinion, circumcision is an unnecessary operation, there is a lot of info about it online. I'll try an find some good sites for you to check out. There's been so many disputes over whether or not it will actually cause health issues to not get your baby cut, but I think that if you are educated on how to take care of an uncircumsized penis, and really teach your son how to care for himself properly there should be no complications whatsoever. Best of luck in your decision. And I hope you have a happy healthy son.

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Judy
    Is there any hard science to back that claim up? Because I really want to slap guys who are circumcised and complain of having been denied a portion of their god-given weenie sensitivity.

My problem is, if you have nothing to compare it to, how do you have any idea what you are missing? I think this is encouraging a victim mentality in men using absurd reasoning.
    When a mans skin isnt taken off, it actually keeps the head of their penis moist at all times. Everyone I know from Europe says how stupid it is that we circumsize in this country.
    If you were to take the skin away from your clit, it would dry out, and lose sensitivity from being exposed all the time. Same thing with the head of your penis.
    I wont do it to my kids, if I have them. But then again, Ill be having them in Europe.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    90%...no offense but those are some pretty unsanitary fella's you courted if it was so bad. In terms of the bleeding fella..that's a bit odd, can't say I've heard of that happening before.
    That bleeding guy freaked me out, it freaked him out as well. I've dated 3 uncircumsized guys. One was from Europe and didn't believe in showering, so it was pretty nasty and I don't need to say that we did not have sex. One was a nice college boy back in college and he was very clean. One bled during sex.

And those other guys I didn't court. I had a massage stint at one time in my life.

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

mines still fully intact and i havent had any problems.......leave it on i say

virgilnhell's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire

Never had such problems myself but then again I've actually heard of soap and water...I will say it does bug me that guys like that are used as the measuring stick for ALL guys who are not circumsized. That sucks bigtime.
    Hahahahahahah...........damn straight

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    (...) One was from Europe and didn't believe in showering, so it was pretty nasty and I don't need to say that we did not have sex. (...)
    I hope you don't use him as the measuring stick for ALL europeans ,)

memorydream's Avatar Sage

I say no. Let that person decide to what to do with their body. Plus, you are essentially cutting out sensitive nerves just to make something physically pleasing. The time for that ancient ritual is over. In my opinion people need to make their own decisions in regards to their body. There is a risk of infection, but not very much higher than if the child was circumcized. Research your decision would be my advice.

Hey guys, just a quick update.

No decision has been made yet. My wife still wants it and I dont. We are going in for the Ultrasound next week, and with any luck, they'll tell us its a girl, and this whole ugly debate will stop....till we get pregnant again I guess. I will keep everyone informed as to what is going on. Thanks for all of your comments.

Caligula's Avatar Senior Member

Without wishing to seem rude, it seems a little odd to be fighting over something like a kid's circumsion before the little critter's even been born. Inevitably you end up discussing the sex life of an unborn child and that just feels a little 'wrong' somehow.

More important than that, surely, is to ensure that you and your partner communicate well enough to make sure he doesn't grow up in an environment where his parents resolve issues by fighting.

Another thing that's evident from this thread is to bring him up with an awareness of the importance of basic hygiene. Circumsised or otherwise, people who are a stranger to soap are no fun to be around.

Getting off the fence however, I'd say that unnecessary surgical procedures are almost always a bad idea. Here in England it's becoming increasingly rare unless there is a good medical reason. A recent health report came out covering the latest research on the 100-odd commonest complaints. A surprisingly high number now have 'let nature take its course' as the scientifically recommended procedure.

Mekahoel The Pandafist's Avatar Cold, wet and hungry

I would say no, just because there is not any reason for circumcision in my opinion. It's not hard to keep your head clean, and let's face it- as for "helmut hed" being the norm: only 49% of American Males aren't circumcised. It's not all that weird to go natrual and free. Besides- that's one extra place to peirce! Yay!

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

I would yes YES no doubt about it. Do you watch Nip Tuck? You wouldnt want your son to do what happened on that show.

Vempyrik's Avatar (Advocatus diaboli)

up to the boy.. if they want one or not....

Doctors are too quick to do the unneeded. I agree with you. There are cultures where people think it is much nicer to razorblade a cross in a young girl's clitoris and we can probably all agree that is barbaric. Personal choices to modify the human body are different. Babies cannot make those.

Quote Originally Posted by junction
    So the wife and I are going to have a baby. That has started a HUGE fight between us. If we have a son, she wants him circumcised. I am flat out against it.

What do you guys think?
    do that... It's more hygenic.... And + many more reasons

SUSIEQ502's Avatar Senior Member

Both my boys are. I couldn't decide. I heard that hygene thing and I heard it isn't a hygene thing. My dad put it simply by saying that it wouldn't be a hygene thing if we didn't cram our package into sweaty pants all day. The visualization did it for me. If you have it dome when they are only a day or two old, they cry for like 30 seconds then thats it. All Done. If you are going to do it, DON'T WAIT TILL HE'S OLDER!!! My boys cried more getting their feet pricked for some blood protien test they got.

I don't know why we here (in the US) think that somehow 4 milllion or so years of human physical evolution (note: not nearly as many years of mental evolution, 50 by my best estimate) is wrong, and why we seem to think somehow our bodies are born "needing to be fixed" or "sterilized" or something.

My personal opinion is we are brought up here in the states to 'believe' having a foreskin makes you prone to infection or dirty. Well, no, not cleaning your shit makes you prone to infection and dirty. I think if you just teach junior to clean his stuff, he'll be fine.

My family comes from Mexico. My brothers are "uncut". Growing up, they never had any sort of problem with their 'stuff' (probably cuz mom told us to wash ourselves)

I am circumsized (since I was the only one in my family born in the U.S.).

I wish I wasn't though. Not that I ever had any problems with being circumsized, but I equate it to buying a brand new car and taking it to get tuned up.

my 2 cents

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

I say no. All 3 of my boys are uncut. My husband is cut and is sorry about it. He says it was a piece of him and up to him to get cut if he wanted to.

North Americans just generally do it out of habit, or because they've been taught to think the uncut penis looks ugly.

Sometimes drops of urine can be caught in the foreskin - so welcome to using toilet paper for more than your ass. And i agree about the hygeine. If you're clean, then your dick will be too. If you're not, then it won't be. How many of us women have had to wash the pee stains out of a cut man's skivvies?

The foreskin makes the head of the penis more sensitive, enabling the man to experience more intense orgasms with less stimulation - apparently.

I would have said more, but i noticed this isn't in Erotica. I will therefore censor the rest of what i would have said.

~Histrionica~

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by mollycase
    Doctors are too quick to do the unneeded. I agree with you. There are cultures where people think it is much nicer to razorblade a cross in a young girl's clitoris and we can probably all agree that is barbaric. Personal choices to modify the human body are different. Babies cannot make those.
    While female genital mutilation is vital to stopping in human culture. I think the smaller, but very important parallel to what could be considered mutilation to male genitals is all the more relevant. If it's done it is too late and there is no use in wishing to go back. But, when it is done, you are essentially deciding to cut out a part of the body that grows and develops to have a connection to the nervous system of the human body just like anything else. It's not just sex either, it is the human form as it was born. Much of the same nerve system, tissue damage and even undue stress on the skeletal system is avoided by just leaving the body as is and changing it by way of exercise, diet and good physical habit. In my opinion, any surgical changes, adjustments and updates are for accident victims and not the common folk.

Scarlett1313's Avatar Member

IMO - Circumsize him for health reasons. But if you are against it...maybe try and reason with your wife someway. I think it looks better on a male, but when he gets older and he may want to have it done..it hurts more - so I hear.

I'm reading a book- "As Nature Made Him" about a boy who got his penus cut off during circumcision so they raised him as a girl. God, that makes me sad.

+ Reply to Thread