+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defects?

Default Defects?

So does anyone here have nice bodily defects? lke I have degenerative scoliosis and my thyroid gland is shot so i shake like an 80 yr. old man...put those together in a 115 pd. body and it's me...

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Defects?

i lost my right testicle in a bike accident when i was 5

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I'm only a head in a jar do to a mining accident at 14.

I have an oversized rib cage...Something happened to me when I was little like infant...I forget what the name of the sickness is but it made my lungs swell or something and my ribcage grew to accomodate it...Its not HUGE but for my build I have a Large torso...Its a bitch for me to find clothes that fit...

I have to buy 2 sizes to big to fit my shoulders and chest then shrink it in the wash to make it fit me length wise...
    So thats my little defect

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

I was born with gastroschesis. Ive got a few huge scars on my abdomen as a result. And half my intestine an bowels are gone, so Im super thin.

K_SyniculOne's Avatar Member

I have neat-o scar on my upper inner right thigh due to surgery I had about 4 years ago. I had a blood clot in that region. The clot was about the size of a medium avocado, which was surgically removed, leaving a 9 inch long scar there. (just close your fist and think about walking around with a blood clot that big in your thigh). From about 1995-2000, I was in a lot of pain with that f***ing thing...But time heals all wounds, and thankfully, I am better now.

It's faded a lot, but the scar is my momento of August 2000...

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Well, at the age of about 1 1/2 to 2 years old, I had GERD Gastoesophegeal Reflux Disease. Medications didn't work, diet changes didn't work.... so I had surgery. I had a Laproscopic Nissen Fundoplication.
    You can learn more at Laproscopic Nissen Fundoplication

I have a scar at the bottom of my left ribs. And a small dent, where the tube went for medications or outgoing gas. They said i shouldn't be able to burp. hahahahaha let me upload my twelve second burp and post a link hahahahahaha

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Was born with two spleens, one of em ruptured due to elevated blood pressure (thanks to Mortal Kombat 3), now have a nice 14 inch scar from just below my ribcage to my navel. Holes in each shoulder (I tell people "That's where my wings used to be before I was cast out of heaven").

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    Holes in each shoulder (I tell people "That's where my wings used to be before I was cast out of heaven").
    BLAHAHAHAHA!

~Histrionica~

Mother Superior

I actually have had two defective things happen to my body. One occured in the womb and the other much later. I was born with a hole the size of the tip of a finely sharpened pencil at the base of my spinal cord where the skin did not fuse together. It's referred to as Spina Bifida and usually occurs in the first month of the fetus being in the womb. My mother has it as well. Many times this occurs because the body does not have enough folic acid. I assume my grandmother had it as well. I really didn't get to know her much.

The most distressing physical defect I have encountered was a disease called Bell's Palsy. Basically what it does is paralyzes one side of your body often times just the face. I did not know I had this until I was getting ready for work one day and I was showering and my eyes were stinging, now I know that it was from the shampoo because one of my eyes was not closing properly. I didn't think much of it because I hadn't looked in the mirror yet. I began to brush my teeth and when I rinsed my mouth, water went everywhere. Then I looked in the mirror and saw that one side of my face was completely turned down, my eye, my mouth were deformed and drooping, it looked smeared.. I had a very odd appearance. My speech was also very impaired. I spoke as If I had something wrong with my speech. I woke up my husband and I was extremely upset, I thought that I may have suffered a stroke during the night and I went to my dr. , she knew exactly what I had. I was put on steroids, which if any of you know will make you gain weight, your appetite can't be satisfied. I gained 70 pounds in a little over 2 months. Neurologists couldn't tell me If I could or would ever look normal again, they said it would take time, and that everyone was different and that all I could do was hope for the best. In other words, be prepared, we just don't know with this disease. I remember I had to go to a dinner with my in-laws and the waitress brought drinks and I couldn't drink or eat, I felt self-conscious. I just sat there. It took me 5 months to get better, one of my eyes is slightly closed more than the other. I wear make-up so it's not as obvious with eye-liners.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Well, let's see, where to start. I've had an inch and a half of bone taken out of my big left toe. Got a nifty lil smily face scar to match. Two eyes where the pins were to hold the bone in place so it would grow back together and a stitchy smile. The top knuckle of my left pinky is plastic. replaced because i smashed the thing into lil tiny peices. It's odd to have the top of your pinky dangle like that. Both of my pinkies are crooked but that's from an early musical career holding both left and right handed french horns while the bones were still growing. I have an erratic heart beat. This might not sound like much, but it's caused by a delayed reaction of a valve in my heart. It's supposed to have killed me like a dozen times by now, and yet I live. And then there's this, I have no idea what to make of it : not too long after I was born, I caught pnumonia. This had a devestating effect on all my systems. The doctors told my mom that if I were to live past the age of 2, 3 at the outside, then it was quite possible I would never walk. Lets see, I'm 21, I used to walk 2 miles to school every morning, Ride my bike 20 miles every weekend and I was top of the Jump Rope for Heart contest 4 years in a row. Shows what doctors know. It must have effected my sinuses big time cause the damned things have never worked right.
    K

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

i seem to have small feet. it's bad because they hurt all the time. and i wear shows that are to big so people wont notice.
    the docs cut my cheek on the way out of my mom so i have a small scar for that.
    my hands are sort of small too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    The most distressing physical defect I have encountered was a disease called Bell's Palsy. Basically what it does is paralyzes one side of your body often times just the face.
    You poor dear! The way to know it is Bell's Palsy and not a stroke is that only the face is affected and not the whole side of the body. In Bell's Palsy the main facial nerve on one or both sides of the face is squeezed by an infected gland, usually caused by a latent kind of Herpes (I think the same kind that gives you canker sores). In the case of a stroke, usually a whole portion of the motor cortex or basal ganglia is affected so more parts of the body are also affected. (I so want to be a doctor! ) I knew someone who had Bell's Palsy, she was lucky though and was ok in two weeks and did not have to take steroids.

I have CFIDS which leads to all sorts of odd body malfunctions. People tend to think it is just some sort of mild fatigue, but it actually entails major fatigue, regular dangerous fevers, multiple chemical sensitivities, frequent headaches and body aches, and random problems that pop up opportunistically in anyone with a compromised immune system.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

My kidneys and liver actually allow me to jump higher and play harder. (But, boy, I love the liquor!!!! I love it so much, I need to do my liquor dance! )

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    My kidneys and liver actually allow me to jump higher and play harder. (But, boy, I love the liquor!!!! I love it so much, I need to do my liquor dance! )
    I am laughing my head off at your liquor dance, so it must be time to log off before the neighbors hear me down the street and start to wonder. My dog is already looking at me like I am crazy.

I'm defect by my self....

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

My brain is defected. So is my heart.

Vempyrik's Avatar (Advocatus diaboli)

i guess i am normal.. damn.... unless mental disabilitys count?

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by mollycase
    I am laughing my head off at your liquor dance, so it must be time to log off before the neighbors hear me down the street and start to wonder. My dog is already looking at me like I am crazy.
    The wonderful thing about the liquor dance, is that if you are out of liquor, merely doing it brings liquor to you. People either throw money at you, get it to you to make you stop or give you liquor so you will dance more!

+ Reply to Thread