+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dumb family moments

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

Default dumb family moments

Family Moments when you wondered how you could possibly share genes with these people

My sister wanted to know what Hawaiin money looked like.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Re: dumb family moments

Every time some one in my family says the word "Y'all". I wonder how a nice civilised girl like me could ever be related to those drunken rednecks. Or anytime I'me having a political conversation and my mom butts in to ask me what I'm talking about. No one in my family watches the news or keeps up on current events, they say it's "too depressing". makes me want to strangle them all.
    K

My dad wanted a computer.....Now he has one that I built for him so he could keep his books for his business and keep track of Jobs hes doing...About all I have seen him do with it is play solitare....

I have even showed him how to do the bill keeping and made him a database for his Machine Work business....

All he does is complain about how complicated it is to use windows...I have been using since I was 10...I started out with DOS 6.0.....And he complains about windows....

And I have heard him call It "Winders" DAMNIT!!!!!

my brother asked me what the difference between a full and partial eclipse was...he's 17

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

its not realy dumb but my dad is the cheapest guy ive ever known evry year when we go to my grandmas house he refuses to stop at any place along the way to eat so we pack a cooler full of sandwiches. K eep in mind that this is a three day road trip, thats three days of nothing but nasty ham sandwiches and pepsi.

Mother Superior

My dad said: Jesus is God's son right?
    That has to be the worst moment , or should I say most memorable comment he has ever made. He was speaking to my husband at the time, who was a Theology major.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Every time some one in my family says the word "Y'all". I wonder how a nice civilised girl like me could ever be related to those drunken rednecks. Or anytime I'me having a political conversation and my mom butts in to ask me what I'm talking about. No one in my family watches the news or keeps up on current events, they say it's "too depressing". makes me want to strangle them all.
    K
    I say y'all frequently. *blush* I'm not well educated, but i believe i'm fairly intelligent. It's not even a word that is part of the local vernacular - i just like saying it, heh-heh.

I don't know about dumb family moments, but most of the members of my family think they're better than everyone else. That sort of attitude makes them look stupid in my eyes.

~Histrionica~

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    That has to be the worst moment , or should I say most memorable comment he has ever made. He was speaking to my husband at the time, who was a Theology major.
    Well, there are lots of people named jesus, aside from the main icon of the religion.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    Heh, sounds like an episode of Family Guy.

My mother is almost 47 now, still dresses like a teeny. I mean, okay, she's still in a good shape and stuff, but that really freaked me out when I was younger. On the other hand, she didn't complain when I had my faggy years and was wearing makeup, skirts and fishnets all the time. I was still living with them, in some little redneck town, and everyone thought I was gay or something.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Histrionica
    I say y'all frequently. *blush* I'm not well educated, but i believe i'm fairly intelligent. It's not even a word that is part of the local vernacular - i just like saying it, heh-heh.

I don't know about dumb family moments, but most of the members of my family think they're better than everyone else. That sort of attitude makes them look stupid in my eyes.

~Histrionica~
    i too like to say y'all. not a hick or redneck.

my brother married a woman 5 years younger than my mom but she acts like a teen so it's funny all the time.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

It's not just that my family says "y'all" it's the way they say it. And when my mom says the a petite framed girl like myself shouldn't be a size 4, it isn't natural or healthy, it makes me want to scream. Being a size 16 isn't healthy either! Why do you think you have so many back problems and heart problems!? Stupid redneck...
    K

+ Reply to Thread