+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: eyebrows/shave em or save em?

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Default eyebrows/shave em or save em?

here is my thing-i love how i look in costume-narcissist much?lol-but i keep coming to my eyebrowsh.....i mean- they arent uberthick or nufin but they are an odd hue and i really think i'll look better in costume when theyre just drawn on but im concerned that me shaving them off will affect my job negtaivley being as i work in the secnd largest mormon based city i the u.s (mesa) and the majoriy of our clientelle is honkies and tweekers and bible thumpin rednecksh who would rather hear a gay guy than see one.. what do you guys think?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: eyebrows/shave em or save em?

when it comes to eyebrows I think the 'Bert' look is the only way to go so I guess I'm not much help there

yeah-i as taking wiht one of my "girl"friends and they was telling me i shoudlnt either. i mean, i have a little mediteranean genes in me which is good for the whole drag look but since i don't do it professionally it wouldnt be a god ida cus i look like mongoloid in butch without eyebrowsh lol

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

i very rarely think people look good without eyebrows, male or female. in fact, off the cuff i think the only people ive seen that looked good without eyebrows (as opposed to one or two that didnt really look good or bad, just i guess eyebrowless) were BB models though i cant remember names.

well im definately no bb model lol. thats for sure.

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

ha, youve got the contacts

i seriosly doubt that would ever happen,esm. besides im a size 16-they'd need a really big lense! lol

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

I used to shave my eyebrows for many years, cause I didn't like the shape or color of them and they were very thin, but then I stopped drawing them on due to having to wear a hat to work. So I grew them in and just dye them to match the color of my hair. Works out so much better for me.

I think if you have nice eyebrows you shouldn't shave them.

that would work save for im gonna be changing wig colors a bit here and there.....it'd be nice if i could find funky colored mascara or somefink....then i could just mascary them

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

why would mormons have a problem with you having no eyebrows?? im sure most people wouldnt even notice... theyd just walk away thinking "man there was something weird about that guy... but i cant put my finger on it..."
    but yeah anyways... i dont think you should do it either heh... cause i think they would just grow back in twice as thick wouldnt they?

surprisingly no, thedot on me. odd. and the reaosn i mentined that bout th mormons is becua ethe mjorty of them do not at all like gay people nd i am very affeminate and me without eebrows woudl just add top their aggravations against gays which would not bother me if i wa soff the clock and outside of the store but it ultimately affect my job while im in the store.

ahhhh boo

yeah. it sux. we were about $3000 short november even with blackfriday.
    and some people don't even com in cus im there. asses. they all just wanna deal with "the scottish guy" not the "adorable fairy"

lameness! shouldnt matter who you deal with in a store right?

true. but they like his accent. ugh.people are so stupid.

Tigerlily's Avatar Bang Bang Kiss Die

I say keep them, because you can always dye them with a nonpermanent colour while you're in costume, that way you can save them, but also look super fabulous when you want to be rid of them *_*

haha fake a scottish accent see what happens :P

i would but he'd be pissed and you dont wanna pissoff a scottsman

i trimmed em a litl and am just mascarying them and then touching tem up with my eye liner now. looks shibby.

uh oh heh... dont piss him off, safer that way.
    shibby... thats a fun word to say wish i could find my eyeliner n all my makeup... after i moved it kinda went missing. (only been here for a month but... still... haha!)
    ooooh... friends of mine told me about this mascara called "kiss" i think... doenst come off until you get it wet and rub it off, it just kinda coats the eyelashes in a little tube of the stuff and they say tis fuckin great! i havent looked for it yet, i dont really wear mascara cause i get so many eyelashes stuck in my eyes haha... wouldnt mind trying it out though. definitely wedding makeup for sure!!

Baby_Switchblade's Avatar Candy Perfume Girl

I would use an eyebrow pencil and possibly some mascara to darken them, and tweeze them a little.
    If all else fails, use cosmetic wax and then draw them on over the top of that. I don't know where you can get the stuff, but it's what drag queens and entertainers often use, and you'll have better reserouces there than I would in my part of Australia!

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I'm strongly contemplating having my eyebrows done maybe this weekish, but it's actually kind of scary. I really don't want them over done, but it seems like a subtle sharpening of the lines might not be worth bothering getting a pro to do.

Brigeyboo's Avatar Senior Member

You could quite possibly take them off, and just draw them on more natrually for work (like to look like hair) if anyone says anything say they won't grow and act offended xD

Ingridsca1's Avatar Member

I'm of the keep 'em category. I most often like the eyebrow look. I live out here with all the cholas and the sharpie look is just...not so good, especially for work, ya know what I mean?

Leave only one.

My whole gang did it once We were called one-brown gang afterwards for a quite a long time.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

If you are thinking about taking the time to shave them every few days, then why not just wax them to make them smaller, and more the shape you want? Got to a nail salon or something like that, and ask them to eyebrow wax you like a girl's eyebrows. Then just keep them trimmed like that. Plus you can see how you like it, without totally and completely shaving them off...

I've been eyebrowless for a year and a half. Drawing them on looked a lot better than every day doing nothing at all with them and it taught me a lot about their shape and what different options do for your look, but it also made me look like a tranny (as opposed to the less stereotypical androgyny I aim for) with the added downsides of often creating an illusion of eyebrowlesness when light reflected on me at the wrong angle and making my look far more dependant on close upkeep. On the upside though, the ability to leave them off altogether made me a kickass zombie.

So now that I know what to pluck and what to leave I just suck it up and do it, even though the process is far more of a pain in the arse than taking a razor to your forehead when you're doing the bottom half of your face anyway. Thin real eyebrows work a lot better on me than drawn ones.

As reactions went, I think when they were drawn on proper people cared a lot less than about my having an unnatural hair color now. I find that people that don't use makeup kinda suck at identifying what you're doing with it; I imagine many males especially couldn't even really put their finger on what was odd about them.

Many years ago a friend and myself decided to shave our eyebrows, I am not even sure why, I huess we thought it would look cool. Anyway after having done that, we both giggled our asses off looking at one another, pointing and laughing. After that we started drawing them on and we made up a story the we got really drunk at a party and passed out and our eyebrows got shaved. the truth is, we were very sober at the time, just felt so stupid for shaving them off to begin with. It make me laugh even now as i am telling this story. hehe

and the porridge was just

i like eyebrows. maybe shave in a lightning bolt. hard to do- but effing awesome.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Brigeyboo
    You could quite possibly take them off, and just draw them on more natrually for work (like to look like hair) if anyone says anything say they won't grow and act offended xD
    Work isn't really my concern.

I could shave them off and tattoo .:Fuck Off:. over them instead and work would be pretty much fine with it.

I am more concerned with getting the natural expression of it right. Very subtle changes in a persons eyebrow shape can communicate very different things about them and their disposition. Or, maybe I just look at people's faces to much for my own good.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

depends on the face and overall style. If you tweeze, though, stop after a few years because I did the outer half for a while and must now use a lash and brow conditioner to get them to sloooowly grow back in.

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

you could also go get them threaded.
    when i did have brows thats what i did.
    :]

ROGIZOID's Avatar The Grey Child

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    Work isn't really my concern.

I could shave them off and tattoo .:Fuck Off:. over them instead and work would be pretty much fine with it.

I am more concerned with getting the natural expression of it right. Very subtle changes in a persons eyebrow shape can communicate very different things about them and their disposition. Or, maybe I just look at people's faces to much for my own good.

yeap a lot of people think im pissed off all the time lol

Drawn on eyebrows usually just look creepy. I would suggest just plucking them. It's more subtle but that way you avoid unwanted attention from the mormons.

Anna Evans's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I'm strongly contemplating having my eyebrows done maybe this weekish, but it's actually kind of scary. I really don't want them over done, but it seems like a subtle sharpening of the lines might not be worth bothering getting a pro to do.
    If you've never done it before and have no idea what you want, I think it's best to get a pro to do it first, or at least get a very experienced friend to help you.

and the porridge was just

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Evans
    If you've never done it before and have no idea what you want, I think it's best to get a pro to do it first, or at least get a very experienced friend to help you.
    ive never touched my eyebrows with a tweezers. or let anyone else near them. it scares me. ive seen horror stories in the making...

Quote Originally Posted by KessM
    ive never touched my eyebrows with a tweezers. or let anyone else near them. it scares me. ive seen horror stories in the making...
    Honestly, if I didn't think I'd lose work for not having them, I would absolutely shave mine off. But that is why God gave me wax and foundation...so I can pretend to be as pretty as I want. hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Evans
    Honestly, if I didn't think I'd lose work for not having them, I would absolutely shave mine off. But that is why God gave me wax and foundation...so I can pretend to be as pretty as I want. hah!
    I'm pretty sure your eyebrows dont make you look any less pretty, unless they are terribly bushy and grow together making only 1 unibrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Vix
    I'm pretty sure your eyebrows dont make you look any less pretty, unless they are terribly bushy and grow together making only 1 unibrow.
    I think it's more a question of personal aesthetic than reality.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

unibrows are sexi

+ Reply to Thread