5 11.36%
  • New Orleans, LA

3 6.82%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Where to hold a BB gathering?

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Default Re: Where to hold a BB gathering?

Chicago would be closest for me, unless I happen to be in California visiting family, then San Francisco or Portland would be next.

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow
    Yea, but Amsterdam is a long ass plane trip, plus you'd have to make sure to have a passport in time.
    It could be worth it though.

Shit, from NYC it's the same flight time as going to LA. Maybe shorter... The people on the west coast would get fucked, but they deserve it.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Yea, I live in the midwest, so I'd have to make like 3 different flights just to go :-/ Plus, I have a kid. So going out of the country is completely out of the question for myself.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

i picked Atlanta cause its not Orlando and its closer than say...Portland to America's wang. also i happen to know like 4 or five different BB members that live there. Also there's September's Dragon Con in ATL which i know a lot of ppl will be heading to killing to conventions with one road trip. Kinda like how i picked Ohio, it's close to the family get-together and the Gathering (which i think are both taking place in August).

If we wanted to go cheap with great deals we could make it Orlando, there are great flight deals and hotels deals, esp with group rates and resident discounts (and Disney discounts from yours truly). but i also understand that we're pretty remote down here at the farthest end of civilisation and the buckle of the Bible Belt is not something i want to subject anyone to.

There are pros and cons to everywhere, hence why there hasn't been a convention/gathering yet.

~K

sweden ?

I don't think Whorelando would be a very good choice just because the lack of things to do....and it's SO DAMN touresty! Of course a bunch of BB's raiding disney could be fun hehe. I see Seattle and ATL are tied... I'm a lot closer to ATL but I wouldn't mind going to Seattle as I've never been there and have been wanting to visit the same goes for Portland. Could we get a head count of those that would actually be willing to travel to Either ATL or Portland? Also we should add Amsterdam to the list and see how many would be able to/want to go there.

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

I'll say this:

the success of a con has way more to do with the *people* than the city. it's true that side trips with a couple friends can be cool sometimes, but generally I'd hope for a con to provide enough fun that you don't want to split off much.

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

The drag about Seattle is that is seems every fkn thing closes early around here!
    Not sure about Portland, never been, but it sounds like some fun.

Whorelando, lol, I like that one.

If Amsterdam is on the list, I'll need to take some serious time off. Can't imagine being there for any less then a week

BookOfFaeye's Avatar Book Of Faeye

I'd rather meet at the Busch Gardens in Virgina. I haven't bee but the one in Tampa Florida is great. Its just to damn hot.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Quote Originally Posted by theUnclean
    The drag about Seattle is that is seems every fkn thing closes early around here!
    Not sure about Portland, never been, but it sounds like some fun.

Whorelando, lol, I like that one.

If Amsterdam is on the list, I'll need to take some serious time off. Can't imagine being there for any less then a week
    Well, the idea of a con is, you go out and do stuff during the afternoon (having slept in all morning) but the place isn't so interesting that you don't end up back at the hotel early and ready to get into bed and into each other.

I mean, with my looks and lack of charm and new years' resolutions I will be the resident monk, but I feel that any con that doesn't have tons of vodka and sex ain't really worth it.

But it HAS to be on the West Coast. And I'll tell you why.

There's a wonderful post by HeadlesBill where he says

Maybe I can get Nixon to Goth me up a little one day. But, then again....
    Now, you realise that this means there WILL be a makeover segment in the weekend.

It means that Bill will be strapped down to a chair and shaved, plucked, teased, and subjected to every item of cosmetics MAC has ever produced. It means that the resident women of BB will get to play real life dolly dressup with a man whose body and face will be at their disposal. I believe the palpable estrogenic excitement in the room will be hella fun to watch.

It also means that we'll have to pony up some cash for a new wardrobe - so that when they gather around, sharpening their pencils, and rip his old clothes off right down and beyond his skivvies, they can remake him, like Steve Austin, as the love child of Peter (Fuckin) Murphy and that dude from Sigue Sigue Sputnik, whatsisname Degville.

I'd GLADLY chip in to sit in the corner in my usual "I rolled Lemmy of Motorhead for these clothes" garb, lager in hand, as they gather around him like the vampire women Dracula eventually had to rescue Keanu Reeves from....

*starts packing her makeup kit* do you think I'll need to bring .... oh what the hell in it goes! Now if only i can afford a west coast trip....

*sadly unpacks everything again*

I do promise that what ever con i end up at, be it convergence in Jacksonville or a bb thing in atl there will be copious amounts of baked goodies accompanying me...

~K

fkn a! West coast it is then!

We really should get a tally of how many BB creatures would be able to attend. It might also help make things smoother if we know who needs what; ride, crash space, clothes, whatever.

K: are you going to bake some 'special' cookies, brownies, etc.?

not unless by special you mean shaped like the bb logo or other gothy shapes and colours.

~K

I'll need crash space and a building (e.g. garage, not "covered parking") in which to lock up a motorcycle.

"not unless by special you mean shaped like the bb logo or other gothy shapes and colours."

ahh, but, but...ok
    oh wait, fuck yeah! I would pay for a batch (or two) of some BB logo cookies! that would be funny/cool as hell!
    Last edited by theUnclean; 01-07-2008 at 08:18 PM. Reason: forgot to qoute

By the way, by "crash space" I really do mean "crash space".

I can curl up on the floor with my bike jacket as a pillow. Don't care what's crashed out next to me so long as it has tits. And I don't mean fat guys either.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    By the way, by "crash space" I really do mean "crash space".

I can curl up on the floor with my bike jacket as a pillow. Don't care what's crashed out next to me so long as it has tits. And I don't mean fat guys either.
    lol...ok that is some funny shit man! Being picky aren't we?!

I really would like to see this happen, a gathering of the 'minds' from here on the BB forums. But, who from BB would show? (Amelia, Forrest, Scar., etc)

There is the issue of C14 in Florida around the same time, I think around the middle of the month of August. Which I personally was planning on attending; if only to do somewhere and do something.

Anyone else actually going to show for a BB party in Portland/NW?

ps; if there is an actual head count to speak of, I'm willing to pitch in some cash to get things situated

I will show up wherever it is, so long as I don't have another major commitment. I think it's easier for me to get around than a lot of folks, though.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by funkatron
    I will show up wherever it is, so long as I don't have another major commitment. I think it's easier for me to get around than a lot of folks, though.
    Yeah, you get around

If Convergence is in Florida, I'd say hold the BB con in the opposite corner, e.g. the PNW.

I'd be in for Portland. Name a time and place.

Wynden Nightshade's Avatar Zombie Killer in Training

New Orleans 2 hour drive for me...but my dad lives north of Atlanta and been begging me to visit....I'd prefer NOLA =) please? lol

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

wait... so when's the party?

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Yeah, you get around
    I get around round round round I get around

Portland, Oregon - 10th through the 12th of August.

There will be a side-trip via Amtrak to take in the Seattle tattoo convention, and a guided tour of the weirdness that is Seattle.

Portland, Oregon - 10th through the 12th of August.

There will be a side-trip via Amtrak to take in the Seattle tattoo convention, and a guided tour of the weirdness that is Seattle.

August might be cool, what's the tattoo convention?... I'll be out that way in April to climb Mt Saint Helens

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood
    August might be cool, what's the tattoo convention?... I'll be out that way in April to climb Mt Saint Helens
    There's a big tattoo festival in Seattle.

It's a great time, people come from miles around....

Nobody actually wants to spend time in Seattle, but it's a hop up the Amtrak. I figure there's be a contingent of folks brave enough to brave Amtrak up to Seattle and back on a side day trip, to be back in time for absinthe and bed-hopping.

http://seattletattooconvention.com

I'll even arrange the side trip - just so long as I get ONE photo of me in a velour track suit top with embroidered Old English Gothic lettering on it, saying GOTH PIMP with a BB hottie on each knee.

I'm kidding, I'd do it for a Klondike bar.

i love all the Seattle jokes, but I dont get it...maybe I just have to see it for myself. My friend and I are booking our tickets this week... Eugene -> Portland -> Seattle and then the Gifford Pinchot National Forest. I'm really psyched.

BB hotties love velour!

Wynden Nightshade's Avatar Zombie Killer in Training

Seriously doubt I could afford Portland....shitty luck lately since New Orleans is out of the question next would be Atlanta...if it's in Atlanta I'll try like hell to make it...anywhere else I'll have to wait for next year....but if any of you are ever going to be in the New Orleans area be sure to let me know and we'll go party!

I'mma stake the ground here and say unless there's any serious arguments, PORTLAND OREGON on the dates previously mentioned.

How many people would be in? I'll start getting group rates together.

If others who can't make it out west wanna meet up out East we'll find somewhere with teleconference so we can flash each other tits and bits etc.

I'mma stake the ground here and say unless there's any serious arguments, PORTLAND OREGON on the dates previously mentioned.

How many people would be in? I'll start getting group rates together.

If others who can't make it out west wanna meet up out East we'll find somewhere with teleconference so we can flash each other tits and bits etc.
    I don't know if it's a "serious" argument, but I'm going to be in PDX about 2 weeks *before* then, and it starts getting kinda goofy/expensive to fly out *again* right away. Logistics for me being gone that long from home don't really work out either, so staying in the area wouldn't be an option.

But, I'm just one person, so 'snot like the whole thing should be shifted for me. 8)

Don't fly out then Funks... Joel Awesome and a couple others of the LA contingent will be carpooling up in teh GOFFICK CAR OF SEX.

I'm sure they'd fit you in....

Don't fly out then Funks... Joel Awesome and a couple others of the LA contingent will be carpooling up in teh GOFFICK CAR OF SEX.

I'm sure they'd fit you in....
    So they'll be stopping through Indiana on their way from LA to PDX, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by funkatron
    So they'll be stopping through Indiana on their way from LA to PDX, huh?
    If you asked them nicely, sure.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

there's no way in hell I'm going to atlanta in august. no way. It's hot and humid enough where I live in the south already in august. I'm not going anywhere where my makeup will melt off my face even faster. then again, I haven't been to atl in a long time... but chances are I won't go... not in august. I'd rather do portland. then at least can go swimming in the sandy river if it gets too hot.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    there's no way in hell I'm going to atlanta in august. no way. It's hot and humid enough where I live in the south already in august. I'm not going anywhere where my makeup will melt off my face even faster. then again, I haven't been to atl in a long time... but chances are I won't go... not in august. I'd rather do portland. then at least can go swimming in the sandy river if it gets too hot.
    Well, it might end up being, you, me and Joel Awesome.

If you asked them nicely, sure.
    I think I'll take my chances with a flight

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

we should go swimming in the sandy river.... or camping at silver falls.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

This is probably obvious, but I know a bunch of people from Blue Blood in different cities already have small get togethers on a regular basis. I think having small shindigs with like-minded souls regularly is a very excellent thing.

Of course, when Blue Blood does something the size of a tattoo convention or fetish ball or sf con, then I'll be looking at where everybody would like it to be and not just one person who is adamant.

I promise that all official Blue Blood events will be extra-fun and, from star-studded sold-out club nights to SRO convention panels, my track record backs me up here

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

hey hey me too, its like a 20 minute drive

+ Reply to Thread