+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rant about Breeding...

SyntheticShock's Avatar ...

Default Rant about Breeding...

Figured this might make a good Thread.

I have known a few people now with the same thought process. In which they all agreed that themselves, and everyone else, that has been put on this earth are here for one main purpose in life, to breed and keep the population going. And if they do not breed, (so I have heard some refer) that they are a "waste of space", "useless", and its "not worth living, if you are not contributing".

Personally, I disagree with this opinion (not that people shouldn't breed, but that its necassary for EVERYONE to, and that they are worthless if they don't).

First off, its my right to choose wether or not I want children. If I choose not to, I probably have a really good reason for it, and its my business and no one elses.

Secondly, I don't think some people who are having kids should be having them. There are a lot of un-fit parents out there. People who mentally or physically abuse their children. People who have children for all the wrong reasons; try and keep their significant other from leaving them, get a monthly check from the government, the attention babies bring, or someone just wanting to feel loved by someone.

Thirdly, Some people aren't able to have children; even if they wanted to, and no one should hold that against a person.

Lastly, I believe that we are over-populated as it is. Most of us causing damage to poor Mother Earth. It's not like we are in short supply of the Human Species.

Any thoughts on the subject?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Rant about Breeding...

I've always been kinda grossed out by the idea of having a giant parasite in my belly for months which then rips up my vagina. I like kids okay and I'm sure my genes would make some interesting people, but the whole pregnancy thing is kinda horrifying to me.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

and, if you don't have children you don't have to keep that reverse mortgage a secret

theUnclean's Avatar former corporate whore

Good topic, all I can say is I probably agree with the basic idea behind Idiocracy. Funny as film with (IMHO) some very obvious truth to it

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I have two wonderful kids. I miss them terribly, and frankly, I would do that all over again

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I've always seen Life as a Sexually Transmitted Disease. If you don't take precautions, you might contract it.
    Having had the Snip, we take great pleasure in telling people that say
    You've been married for 7 years now, when are you having kids?
    We can't have kids!
    It shuts them up Quick Sharpish!

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Quote Originally Posted by SyntheticShock
    Any thoughts on the subject?
    Yes. People should mind their own fucking business. Also, most people should be killed.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

People should have their tubes tied at birth, and only untied when they prove they will be fit parents...

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Quote Originally Posted by funkatron
    Yes. People should mind their own fucking business. Also, most people should be killed.
    I second that notion.

I have a daughter, and said for years I didn't want any kids. She was a surprise. (I don't want to say accident because there was nothing "accidental" about it. I didn't fall down naked on my fiance's dick and have him magically shoot a load inside me that one split second).

But I am extemely happy with the whole situation, even though I was absolutely miserable the last 3 months of pregnancy and looked like a skinny girl with a watermelon under her shirt. I would happily do it over again, except, I don't want anymore kids

motormenace's Avatar Senior Member

You have to ave children to be useful to society? Yes, I have a child (yes, that still one to many for my genes!!!), but I still don't think people need 6-12+ kids!!!!

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I've always been kinda grossed out by the idea of having a giant parasite in my belly for months which then rips up my vagina. I like kids okay and I'm sure my genes would make some interesting people, but the whole pregnancy thing is kinda horrifying to me.
    that's why I had mine surgically removed...i didn't wanna put my vag through that

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I decided long ago that the world doesn't need me "Pissing in the Gene Pool"

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    Thank-you! I'm so glad someone else feels (exactly) this way!

I was raised in the 60's, 70's, and the general consensus was, if you were a woman, your focus was marriage and motherhood. I had/have little to no maternal instinct, and as far back as I remember I stated that I was not having children. My mother kept telling me that I would change my mind once I met the right man, and once I held my own baby I will know and understand what I was meant for; my friends berated me and called me cold and selfish for not producing new life.

When I was 22 I had my tubes tied, and I had to go through several doctors to find one who would do it; even then I had to go through 2 psych exams first as I was looked at as 'not normal'. And I have never regretted it for one milli-second.

Children are wonderful for those who want them and will cherish and nurture them; for those of us who don't have the proclivity it is cruel to classify us as freaks for not following your path. Just having a uterus DOES NOT equal instant June Cleaver.

xxxnecklacexxx's Avatar Member

LOL
    Im one of those breeders. I had my children for different reasons, none to "keep" a mate though..but all of them are amazing. the two grown up ones are pursuing their carreers, the younger ones are fun and fabulous as well. Heck who could resist a 4 year old laying on teh floor entertaining herself with her legs and arms going wildly, and when yo uask jsut what the heck she is doing she replies : well mommy...when your in the snooow you make snow angels, when your on the floor you make floor angels...... LOL! Oh and Im at the bank...get this she is standing there balancing on one foot with her leg in the air.. I ask her what she is doing and she looks at me straight faced.. Im peeing like a dog! ..this was in front of ohh about 20 people aso in line... there was not many that werent trying to stop laughing. mmmhmmm yes I love being a mom especially to a silly funny innocent kid like her, and I sure hope I can get some more enjoyment out of it. Im gonna make it last as long as I can cause when those sullen moods and the hightened awareness of boys kic in she is going to be banished to an island..ha ha ha

+ Reply to Thread