+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gun Confiscation in New Orleans.

Default Gun Confiscation in New Orleans.

What are your thoughts on this Blueblood?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-taU9d26wT4

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: Gun Confiscation in New Orleans.

Well, New Orleans has never had much crime, so why would anyone need a gun there? Oh wait, I mean the opposite.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

where I live people in general don't have guns, of course if she did that up here a few bruises would be getting off easy. It doesn't matter where you are, you don't let cops see you holding a gun.......duh

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

they can have my gun, but there will be hell to pay if they try and take my spear.

(yeah, that didn't really make any sense to me either. but it sounded good in my head while I was typing it.)

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

They have Blackwater to protect them. D'oh! Seriously: I'm looking forward to the decision in D.C. v. Heller. Kennedy (swing vote) simply asserted the 2nd Amendment implied an individual right during oral arguments.

OEC

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

2nd amendemt gives the right to militias to bear arms.... I believe OEC is right about impiled. Purposes: to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions; — U.S. Constitution, Art. I, Sec. 8, Clause 16.

Was NE under Marshal Law?
    In strict dictionary terms, martial law is the suspension of civil authority and the imposition of military authority. When we say a region or country is "under martial law," we mean to say that the military is in control of the area, that it acts as the police, as the courts, as the legislature. The degree of control might vary - a nation may have a civilian legislature but have the courts administered by the military. Or the legislature and courts may operate under civilian control with a military ruler. In each case, martial law is in effect, even if it is not called "martial law.
    "Article 1, Section 9 states, "The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

You could say it was Rebellion by the people of NE, but these people on this video did niether. It was unjust action by the US government, on personal right and freedoms. US government knowing the Constitution, now that is the real joke isnt it?

OEC I am better armed and trained than Black Water,,,I believe I am right about the militias its my constitution right at that point to bear arms.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus88
    2nd amendemt gives the right to militias to bear arms.... I believe OEC is right about impiled. Purposes: to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions; — U.S. Constitution, Art. I, Sec. 8, Clause 16.

Was NE under Marshal Law?
    In strict dictionary terms, martial law is the suspension of civil authority and the imposition of military authority. When we say a region or country is "under martial law," we mean to say that the military is in control of the area, that it acts as the police, as the courts, as the legislature. The degree of control might vary - a nation may have a civilian legislature but have the courts administered by the military. Or the legislature and courts may operate under civilian control with a military ruler. In each case, martial law is in effect, even if it is not called "martial law.
    "Article 1, Section 9 states, "The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it."

You could say it was Rebellion by the people of NE, but these people on this video did niether. It was unjust action by the US government, on personal right and freedoms. US government knowing the Constitution, now that is the real joke isnt it?

OEC I am better armed and trained than Black Water,,,I believe I am right about the militias its my constitution right at that point to bear arms.
    I believe you have an individual right to keep and bear arms (beyond even as a member of a militia). I think what we will be interesting is how they reconcile gun laws as they stand with that right. I didn't watch the video. As a law student, a 2nd Amendment case is just a source of great intrigue. The last case was 60 years ago and really didn't lead to a clear cut decision on the text of the amendment.

OEC

PS: Was being a bit facetious about Blackwater given the controversies. Will N.O. residents trust them to protect their persons and property? It seems unlikely. They are better off with a bit of DIY defensive measures

Regardless on where you land on gun control, people are having property illegally seized. This is the angle I am more concerned about.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I think I hear Andrew Jackson rolling over in his grave.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    Regardless on where you land on gun control, people are having property illegally seized. This is the angle I am more concerned about.
    That does seem like a serious violation of rights.

Bacchus88's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat

PS: Was being a bit facetious about Blackwater given the controversies. Will N.O. residents trust them to protect their persons and property? It seems unlikely. They are better off with a bit of DIY defensive measures
    Not cutting the lawn, making like tail grass is wonderfully defensive measure... getting that pass, to do so is another matter. I have tried many a year people just do not see the defensive value of it... Digging pit traps in my yard, I'm looking for those tiger to wonder into my yard.

+ Reply to Thread