+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Danzig getting knocked out!!!

Dead_Fukin_Last's Avatar Member

Default Danzig getting knocked out!!!

Has anyone in here seen the footage of Glenn Danzig getting knocked out by the lead singer of the North Side Kings?
    If so, what are your thoughts on it?

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Re: Danzig getting knocked out!!!

He deserved it? Yes I've sen the footage. It was shot by a friend of mine. Do you want Danzig's phone #?
    K

yeah, that's what I thought. I heard he's a real cocky asshole....

i still dig the old misfits though....

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Yeah, but the guys a prick.
    K

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

No where can I see this?

Vempyrik's Avatar (Advocatus diaboli)

Quote Originally Posted by Gothickitty
    No where can I see this?
    internet

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Can we not totally irritate the hell out of Glenn please. He has been pretty supportive of Blue Blood over the years, run free ads for us in his comic books/done cross-promo, come to my parties, etc. Szandora and some of the girls of Blue Blood's BarelyEvil.com were actually going to perform at The Blackest of the Black Festival thing, only Glenn's assistant . . . let's just be charitable and say he dropped the ball.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

smeh

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Can we not totally irritate the hell out of Glenn please. He has been pretty supportive of Blue Blood over the years, run free ads for us in his comic books/done cross-promo, come to my parties, etc.
    Had you not said that I'd of happily gone to town on this but you make a good point so I'll bite my tounge. I never really thought of him so much of a prick since if you look at those he has to deal with (including his own fans) he has to be rather "jerk" like.

His fans are like jackles...and they've turned on him many a time. I remember some going to town on his credebility when he was platered all over MTV and teens made him their new fad.

His one of the more interesting fella's to stay on the music radar...and I think it's better off for it. Beats havint to but up with Johnny Rotten clones...of which their are many.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

smeh

Caligula's Avatar Senior Member

I've met him on a couple of occasions, and once you get through the initial suspicion - and if you're not just a little paranoid in the music biz then you haven't got a clue what's going on - he was an interesting, polite and clued up guy. He's taken more than his fair share of flack from the media over the years - particularly in the British music press - just for doing what he does the way he likes to do it and sticking with it. I like the music he makes, the imagery he creates and, while he ain't perfect - and who is? - that's good enough for me.

If that footage is the stuff I've seen, he doesn't get 'knocked out', it's more of a shoving match which the other guy escalates. Hell, even if he was beaten to death by a schoolgirl, I couldn't give a shit, because I'm interested in him as an artist, not a boxer. Why's everyone always so keen to see Glenn Danzig hurt or humilated? Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula
    I've met him on a couple of occasions, and once you get through the initial suspicion - and if you're not just a little paranoid in the music biz then you haven't got a clue what's going on - he was an interesting, polite and clued up guy. He's taken more than his fair share of flack from the media over the years - particularly in the British music press - just for doing what he does the way he likes to do it and sticking with it. I like the music he makes, the imagery he creates and, while he ain't perfect - and who is? - that's good enough for me.

If that footage is the stuff I've seen, he doesn't get 'knocked out', it's more of a shoving match which the other guy escalates. Hell, even if he was beaten to death by a schoolgirl, I couldn't give a shit, because I'm interested in him as an artist, not a boxer. Why's everyone always so keen to see Glenn Danzig hurt or humilated? Grow up.
    you must haev seen a different video, because that guy nails him and he falls pretty hard.....anyways, i was just making conversation, i still listen to him!

SUSIEQ502's Avatar Senior Member

I fucking LOVE his music...Misfits and even his solo shit. For some odd reason I even like his "Less Than Zero" title track, which is far from conventional Danzig.

danzig really turned out to be a big fat bacon boy.. I liked him when he was in the misfits.. still love the old misfits tho

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Can we not totally irritate the hell out of Glenn please. He has been pretty supportive of Blue Blood over the years, run free ads for us in his comic books/done cross-promo, come to my parties, etc. Szandora and some of the girls of Blue Blood's BarelyEvil.com were actually going to perform at The Blackest of the Black Festival thing, only Glenn's assistant . . . let's just be charitable and say he dropped the ball.
    Well this is weird -because as you know I'm not afraid to drop (at least some)names..I never met Glenn but I was a buddy (from work originally)of Sharon Nickel (Nickle?) who was living with Chuck Biscuits..last I heard she went up north and was working with Fakur the Piercing Guru--
    I'd love to track her down and tell her that the beer stain she left on my living room rug is still there..P.
    d

+ Reply to Thread