+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hot Topic

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Default Re: Hot Topic

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    I thought they were owned by Zillo and were a bit more open-minded and scene-positive?
    Open-minded and scene-positive.. hmm, on any festival I've been visiting in the past 4 years, they had a huge tent for selling their stuff, but only let like 10 people in. And if one of the bands went shopping, they won't even let you near their gate. Not that this would bug me. Their stuff also is of very poor quality, but sold for horrendous prices. Nothing I've ever bought there, survived the first 10 months.
    Anyway, now I'll rant about the "fashion". It's out of doubt that goth culture became mainstream recently, but I still don't see any need to mix the clothing with raver- and hiphop-style. I never really liked those plastic cyberwear that makes people look like the gay cousin of Mad Max, but black baggypants with laces everywhere? Last time I saw that was when they showed some 15 years old chicks on their first trip to a discotheque on tv.
    So I dunno if they're really open minded and scene positive, but all people working at X-Tra-X, I've met so far, are incredibly superficial assholes. Except the girl at the store in Berlin, who want's to get laid with my girlfriend.

CHEAP???!! Holy fuck, cloths at Hot Topic are $40 to $80 around here. I can't afford to be paying more than $5-$10 for a pair of pants or I'd be starving. (how do I afford the internet, you ask? Let's just say my roommate has some great tech skills)

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by postcoital
    Open-minded and scene-positive.. hmm, on any festival I've been visiting in the past 4 years, they had a huge tent for selling their stuff, but only let like 10 people in. And if one of the bands went shopping, they won't even let you near their gate. Not that this would bug me. Their stuff also is of very poor quality, but sold for horrendous prices. Nothing I've ever bought there, survived the first 10 months.
    Anyway, now I'll rant about the "fashion". It's out of doubt that goth culture became mainstream recently, but I still don't see any need to mix the clothing with raver- and hiphop-style. I never really liked those plastic cyberwear that makes people look like the gay cousin of Mad Max, but black baggypants with laces everywhere? Last time I saw that was when they showed some 15 years old chicks on their first trip to a discotheque on tv.
    So I dunno if they're really open minded and scene positive, but all people working at X-Tra-X, I've met so far, are incredibly superficial assholes. Except the girl at the store in Berlin, who want's to get laid with my girlfriend.
    Wow. It has been a long time since I lived in Germany, so I guess I just didn't know the score there.

I like it when people mix clothing from different subcultures though, but of course, I like it when they do it well, with a sense of personal individual style.

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Wow. It has been a long time since I lived in Germany, so I guess I just didn't know the score there.

I like it when people mix clothing from different subcultures though, but of course, I like it when they do it well, with a sense of personal individual style.

nuff said

I have no problems with mixing styles, hey, I'm the one going into elitist goth clubs with a bleached jeans, but anyway, it's all getting too corporate, for my taste. It's not that I want to be a hardcore anti-mainstream-person, but I really hate all that fashion shit. I remember times when a punk could dress like he wanted, and then, not long ago, I was actually attacked by some wannabe punk fucktard and his pal, infront of a club, because of my tattoos and some pins. I know it's ridiculous, because I'm just 21, but I get the feeling that I'm too old for that shit :\

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Second row, fellla to the right...lower pic...he looks like a Gay Disco Nazi Character for some sort of Japanese video game.

Fashion only has value if you give into it and grant it influence. I like it like a sport and nothing more...as far as the whole subculture defining itself by clothes only...that's jsut fucking hilarious. It's odd behaviour but hey...when you have nothing to really bring to a "scene" holding up elitest fashion rules is something no?

I'm still trying to push my Neo-nudistpunk ideology for clubs...though I win over the intellectual argument for it none fully embrace it yet...though me being drunk and saying "Come on get nekkid already" to women in public may be part of the problem.

Scarlett1313's Avatar Member

Postcoital, I like the vest/top the chick has on in the first pic you posted. very cool indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Second row, fellla to the right...lower pic...he looks like a Gay Disco Nazi Character for some sort of Japanese video game.

Fashion only has value if you give into it and grant it influence. I like it like a sport and nothing more...as far as the whole subculture defining itself by clothes only...that's jsut fucking hilarious. It's odd behaviour but hey...when you have nothing to really bring to a "scene" holding up elitest fashion rules is something no?

I'm still trying to push my Neo-nudistpunk ideology for clubs...though I win over the intellectual argument for it none fully embrace it yet...though me being drunk and saying "Come on get nekkid already" to women in public may be part of the problem.
    I bet that happened to G.G. Allin too, when he started ,)
    Anyway, I'm with your campaign, but I tend to get into alot of trouble, everytime I'm unveiling my cock in public :\

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett1313
    Postcoital, I like the vest/top the chick has on in the first pic you posted. very cool indeed.
    Hippie pants D: .. Hippie pants!! :<

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

good thing i dont even know where theres a hot topic store near me

hot topic is the only place here for any decent type of clothing.
    although over here they are expensive beyond reason.

a pair of jeans at T.J. Max for around 20$, was over 60$ at Hot Topic, because it had a winged skull on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

you know things have hit the roof when walmart sell's T-shirst with Anarchy symbols on it...awww how cute.....

they can be partially naked in public in Canada....but most people, males that is can't look past the breast as a sexual object....hmmmm naked disco punks unite.....something about it just doesn't apeal to me...not the nudity though...

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Thanks to those with better info, from better places. That's what a message board should be about.

BruisedRoses's Avatar Junior Member

I went there today. Hell has froze over. Not only did I see my stalker ex-boyfriend, but I made some frightening observations. Such as this overweight blond afro gerber baby like creature asking his mother for a pair of platform black boots. It would go so well with the baby blue gut knocking things off the shelves. And those Abercrombie and Fitch rejects pretending to be rebels or some shit. "Like, OMG! I love pink. And black. I'm so goth, lets get smoothies!" Yes. This is the end. Hide your children. And genetalia.

One of my problems with that fashion store stuff is the uniformity. People just go there and buy stuff, and then they all look alike. When I was younger, we made our clothes ourselves, or at least heavily customized stuff we've got for a few bucks at a second hand store..

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

I bought a black pleather dress there on clearance for $5. It was hot! It was a steal!

Eternal throes's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    shopping list

I want one

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Quote Originally Posted by BruisedRoses
    "Like, OMG! I love pink. And black. I'm so goth, lets get smoothies!"
    BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

~Histrionica~

I have problem with the independent scence being so much about fashion and appereance I alwasy have and awlays will, you go from not fitting in to nto fitting in yet again....wtf...everyday is an attemtpt to look cooler then somone else ina viscous rat race. fukc you maclolm Maclaren you fucking cunt

+ Reply to Thread