+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Are you....

corachaos's Avatar Dorky Girl

Default Are you....

...registered to vote?

I know there are a few out of the US, or not of voting age on here, but if you are, are you registered? Do you plan on voting?

....Bush spews more ass-hattery every day, lets make him go away.

(For those of you in Live Gerbal Land....er I mean LiveJournal
    there is a Goth the Vote community called GothicNation.)

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Default Re: Are you....

I'm registered, I'm voting and this year I'm not voting for Snoopy. I refuse to throw away a vote like that. NO MORE BUSH! WHO'S WITH ME???
    K

Dead_Fukin_Last's Avatar Member

i'll vote for ANYONE but Bush..... fucking war monger!!!!!!!!!!!11

Vempyrik's Avatar (Advocatus diaboli)

nope

hm....

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Yup...and I'm voting for Bush...cause even as a kid, a lil fucking rug rat, seeing Kerry during the Iran/Contra hearings I knew the fella was scum. He's a professional politician who plays the game and both sides to keep his place, he even married with that in mind. If people think he's better than Bush they're in for a big fucking surprise if he wins...

Either way though at my social status and buisness...makes no diffrence. I'll still work and fuck over the same people no matter who's in thw white house or whatever politics are in play. Not out for promises world peace or health care for the massess...I just want to be able to work the rackets out now and keep life as I like it. May sound selfish...but I'm not a revolutionary...I live for myself and those who benefit me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Yup...and I'm voting for Bush...cause even as a kid, a lil fucking rug rat, seeing Kerry during the Iran/Contra hearings I knew the fella was scum. He's a professional politician who plays the game and both sides to keep his place, he even married with that in mind. If people think he's better than Bush they're in for a big fucking surprise if he wins...

Either way though at my social status and buisness...makes no diffrence. I'll still work and fuck over the same people no matter who's in thw white house or whatever politics are in play. Not out for promises world peace or health care for the massess...I just want to be able to work the rackets out now and keep life as I like it. May sound selfish...but I'm not a revolutionary...I live for myself and those who benefit me.
    but didn't you start that thread abt Sudan and genocide? that wasn't selfish.P.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by pedar
    but didn't you start that thread abt Sudan and genocide? that wasn't selfish.P.
    It's not a factor in day to day though...think about it honestly...you think ANYONE here (as in ones own nation, community, family, wahtever) REALLY gives a fuck if a couple of thousand die half a world away in a place they can't find on a map? It makes for nice talk and debate but at the end of the day ones own life, goals, and responsibilities mean much more...sounds crass but how do YOU feel when you get a bill...

You're not thinking about vast social issues...you're thinking I hope nothing fucks up my cash flow so I can pay this. Or if you're in debt...it's even more pronounced.

So when it comes to picking a president...I go with who disgusts me less and who has the balls to fuck over the world for my best interest. Hell RIGHT NOW I wish the war WAS for oil and we TOOK Iraqs oil fields...gas prices are insane and their cutting into the bottom line at work which in turn effects me...

And THAT pissess me off.

can somebody bring jello biafra over here to post some posts....

Mother Superior

Yes, I am registered to vote.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

i prolly will be. and i'll vote Bush.that kerry guy creeps me out.

I dont know if I am registered to vote for sure, but it wouldnt matter anyway.

The -=FRAGMENT MISSING=- is who really controls the votes of who gets to become president. and even then, the -=FRAGMENT MISSING=- makes all the real decisions.

SUSIEQ502's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Belladonna
    I know...its like the lesser of two evils every election! I usually vote Nader or ANYONE to not support either candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by SUSIEQ502
    I know...its like the lesser of two evils every election! I usually vote Nader or ANYONE to not support either candidate.
    i voted once. way back in 93. but this year i just might again.

SomethingSelfrighteous's Avatar Dancing Jesus Figurine

im not being a minor and all, but i would just like to say that all presedents...ever were scum, thats why im going to live in a hut in siberia!!!

im not registered to vote being a minor and all, but i'd just like to say that all presidents...ever, were scum, and they always will be, thats why im going to live in a hut in siberia

Quote Originally Posted by SomethingSelfrighteous
    im not registered to vote being a minor and all, but i'd just like to say that all presidents...ever, were scum, and they always will be, thats why im going to live in a hut in siberia
    Well said!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Riiiiiiiiight...way to dismiss history and some genuinely great men. I'll give one prime example of greatness...

George Washington...as the newly formed nation showed signs of it's first major birth pains he was called to meet with the young natiosn most powerful and elite. He was asked point blank to become King. Such a decleration would go a long way in making strong ties and appease the rest of world (real shock eh?) and to the surprise of not only the men in the room...but later the leaders of the world at the time...Washington said no.

He actually turned down absolute power and the support of those who could secure such power. NO ONE in his social class in the history of the known world up to that point had EVER turned down such power. Many forget he became a CULT figure amoung the revolutionaries and modern thinkers of the age because of such action...he was idolized in France. That is greatness and true vision.

Much is made of his ownership of slaves but few of such critics put historical context into the mix or forget abolition would take nearly a century to gain speed in the modern world...but his actions in that meeting set the stage for the world we see today.

I doubt any man living today could do the same given that situation when we as a culture glorify the aquisition of power. Presidents of the United States are a varied and complicated lot far more human than Kings and Queens....they are not monarchy and in many cases are not even of the upper classes. Their greatness is varied and only a handful where "scum"...

No other nations leaders have changed the world in such far reaching ways than the presidents of the 19th & 20th centuries...many had the vision that nothing could be solved in black and white terms and used the system and men of their age to push foward even in the darkest of times. Where their pitfalls? yes...like when Grant was in office...but their were real gems as well. Partisan politics aside the U.S. has been very lucky in it's leaders and political system. It's matured far faster and to high levels not seen since the days of the Caesars...and that's not too bad for such a young and intensely mixed nation. Look at the backgrounds of many Presidents...at one poitn or another they NEVER would have been accepted into seats of power...think Kennedy would have been President in the early 1900's? or a southerner in the 1870's? That's what makes the presidency so amazing as a political office...it's really anyones to gain provided they have the skills, means, and personality for it. It's not for the weak or defeatists or a puppet. But it sure is nice to think that when you're living in Siberia

:
    Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    can somebody bring jello biafra over here to post some posts....

lmao - rotfl -P.

okay maybe i was a little generalized, but you know what, i dont much care...because being blatently ignorant is the american way..right...RIGHT!!! if its not, i have been VERY misinformed

It's not a factor in day to day though...think about it honestly...you think ANYONE here (as in ones own nation, community, family, wahtever) REALLY gives a fuck if a couple of thousand die half a world away in a place they can't find on a map? It makes for nice talk and debate but at the end of the day ones own life, goals, and responsibilities mean much more...sounds crass but how do YOU feel when you get a bill...

You're not thinking about vast social issues...you're thinking I hope nothing fucks up my cash flow so I can pay this. Or if you're in debt...it's even more pronounced.

So when it comes to picking a president...I go with who disgusts me less and who has the balls to fuck over the world for my best interest. Hell RIGHT NOW I wish the war WAS for oil and we TOOK Iraqs oil fields...gas prices are insane and their cutting into the bottom line at work which in turn effects me...

And THAT pissess me off.

well sorry to hear you're pissed..that's why I usually avoid topics on politics and religion usually..stick to the sex..better for the old blood pressure - P.

Quote Originally Posted by pedar
    well sorry to hear you're pissed..that's why I usually avoid topics on politics and religion usually..stick to the sex..better for the old blood pressure - P.
    true that

Genesis's Avatar Member

I'm rady to vote... as to whom I'm voting for is for only me to know.
    I really don't think that the two top canidates are fit to be in office. I have to choose the lesser of the two evils, but it's a damn hard to make up my mind.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

okay maybe i was a little generalized, but you know what, i dont much care...because being blatently ignorant is the american way..right...RIGHT!!! if its not, i have been VERY misinformed
    Indeed you have.

That's a shitty reason to vote for or not vote for someone, right up there with "'cuz he looks funny." It's just like in Middle School: "Hey dude, why'd you give me a swirly?" "'cuz you creep me out."
    C'mon, Belladonna, give us an issue or policy you don't like or something to show that your brain is tinkering away, I know you're smarter than that.

And I'm voting Nader I know people say he takes votes away from Kerry, but does it really matter in IDAHO? Besides, Kerry is a corperate slave just like the rest of 'em.

And THAT pissess me off.
    lol, as much as I disagree with you your honesty is so appreciated--are you libertarian?

I am 25 and I have NEVER registered to vote...Also along with not Registering..I do not Bitch about the candidates that do become elected officials (I.E. Dont vote..Dont Bitch)..

In my view it is kinda pointless...We all vote so that our represenatives can see who we the people favour...Then the represenatives go and cast their vote accordingly...So basically if everyone in the State of Tennessee voted for Bush..Who is stopping our state Reps from still voting for Kerry if Kerry's campaign threw more money their way or if the Reps favoured Kerry over Bush, What is stopping them???

So instead of wasting the time it takes to go down and push the little button in that box...I will stay at home and put a fresh coat of wax on my Car...

All that said...I hope Dubyuh wins it..Given all the factors he has dealt with from the war and from people in this country giving him hell because of who he is..I think he has done a decent job.. And he might not be the most glorious speaker and sometimes he does come across as a little dumb, But you have to keep in mind..He is human..No one is perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by Nautilus
    That's a shitty reason to vote for or not vote for someone, right up there with "'cuz he looks funny." It's just like in Middle School: "Hey dude, why'd you give me a swirly?" "'cuz you creep me out."
    C'mon, Belladonna, give us an issue or policy you don't like or something to show that your brain is tinkering away, I know you're smarter than that.
    not true. i am just a female after all.

really i have my owen reasons just do'nt like to share.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

I haven't voted in the past but I'm registering this year because I'm afraid everyone's going to vote for Kerry just because they hate Bush. I like the fact that Bush says what he says and doesn't really care if anyone likes it or not. As far as being crooked, I don't believe you can be elected president without being crooked in some way. I think Kerry's an idiot and that's reason enough for me not to vote for him. And yes, he does creep me out.

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

ya, I am registered. Do I? That depends on my mood, but I'm voting for Michael Moore next time around.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by MidniteCliche
    ya, I am registered. Do I? That depends on my mood, but I'm voting for Michael Moore next time around.
    I shudder at the thought of that guy with any political power...though the irony of the guy is that he's just as manipulative as those he denounces. His films are entertaining and all but I honestly can't see why so many (well college kids I can understand) think they are absolute truth...doing even the most half assed research can bring up flaws and inaccuracies. But at least it gets people thinking and asking questions.

That's as American as it gets really. Never bought into the slander they try to bestow on him...no other filmmaker today gets people to THINK the way he does...the only thing I worry of is people think LIKE him for the sake of not thinking for themselves...that is all too common these days. It's sick how some prefer others to come to conclusions about important topics and they jsut sit back and "enjoy the ride" as it where.

This reminds me a lot of Stone's JFK...so many bought into that film when the ENTIRE second act is innacurate and total garbage...good film none the less but simply not the truth...at all. That's a lot of how Moore functions...mixing fact, interpretatio, and film conventions. Is he a propogandist? at times...is he truthful? Well...given he never attacks liberals as he does republicans anymore...he's lost a bit of his objective eye. It happens though...

At some point you gotta pick a side and stay there it seems.

not true. i am just a female after all.

really i have my owen reasons just do'nt like to share.
    Are you saying "not true" to being smart? That's too bad. There are a lot of REALLY intellegent women out there and being a girl is no excuse for brain atrophy. I hope you do have some good reasons...

and your little dog too

Quote Originally Posted by Jasperino
    I haven't voted in the past but I'm registering this year because I'm afraid everyone's going to vote for Kerry just because they hate Bush. I like the fact that Bush says what he says and doesn't really care if anyone likes it or not. As far as being crooked, I don't believe you can be elected president without being crooked in some way. I think Kerry's an idiot and that's reason enough for me not to vote for him. And yes, he does creep me out.
    Kerry and Bush went to the same schools. What makes you think Kerry is an "idiot" and Bush is not?

You can not possibly think Bush says what he means. You can not possibly think it is good for the leader of America to not care about Americans.

I hate that most people are worse off now that Bush has been in office for a few years than they were when he was not. Couldn't you be doing better?

Scarlett1313's Avatar Member

nope and i don't think i would ever be registered unless someone in my family was running for something.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    Kerry and Bush went to the same schools. What makes you think Kerry is an "idiot" and Bush is not?
    Hasn't stopped people from thinking Bush is an idiot...never understood that since if an "idiot" could be president what's your excuse then eh? It amazes me how so many intellectuals can be so childish and jealous about such important matters.

You can not possibly think Bush says what he means. You can not possibly think it is good for the leader of America to not care about Americans.
    All opinion and nothing more...one could say the exact opposite of all that or put Kerry's name in for Bush on that statement. As far as being "better off"...too many want an ecenomic reality that is no longer viable in this world. Look at factory towns and what not...they are part of an age that is dying across the world and will not exist as we know them for much longer.

I hate that most people are worse off now that Bush has been in office for a few years than they were when he was not. Couldn't you be doing better?
    Funny how this has only been said in the last year or so...like we were all magically better before he took office. The only thing that was going good was the tech industry...and that was a disaster waiting to explode. I hear the same arguments I heard under the last two years of Clinton. My own standing is pretty much the same given that what tax cuts I did get were raised in other areas by other industries. So it balanced out to zero in the end...yay. I'm not worse off but hell if you don't adapt you WILL die anyhow. Too many workers in this country think the government must secure you jobs that last forever...that's insane. The age of our grandparents working at the same place with retirement packages lasting them till they die are OVER and done with. Those days cannot return under ANY president.

The only ones I see "bad off" are people in industries that started ying waaaaaaaaaaay back in 98 and democrats who lost their influence when they lost majority control in congress and the white house. Typical political power play bullshit.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Too young to vote. Too young to care. And since I cannot vote, I have nothing to bitch about.

Mother Superior

Michael Moore is too much about conspiracy theories and leftist propaganda. He likes playing both sides of the fence. I didn't like how he went after Charlton Heston, when Michael Moore is also a NRA member. Maybe Heston didn't know about this child being killed. That still doesn't change the facts of the matter, these parent's aren't watching their fucking kids, bottom line.

Mother Superior

Presidential candidates and politicians are all assholes, they just have a different scent. I think we all realize that. As generalized as that may be, until you show me something different, I will believe this.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Mirren
    Presidential candidates and politicians are all assholes, they just have a different scent. I think we all realize that. As generalized as that may be, until you show me something different, I will believe this.
    I still think much of the "hatred" for these people comes from the feeling of being powerless to effect their choices. Government feels too distant from people and as a result they feel it's another world when at the end of the day THEY are the ones who fund it. Plus some envy and jealousy IS there...look at political writers and analysts..many are frustrated they never won an office or are privy to the inner circles of power.

Opinion and critique is one thing...outright attacks because of ones own frustrations are another...blurry line it may be but it's a dominateing one. Especially now where ANYONE can publish their opinion for the world to see.

+ Reply to Thread