+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Real life female vampires

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Real life female vampires

What do you think about real life women who have gone down the vampire's path i.e. people like Elizabeth Bathory?

Chaotika's Avatar Fetish Bunny

Default Re: Real life female vampires

Elizabeth Bathory is one of my favourite historical figures.
    I don't like black metal, but cradle of filth made an entire album devoted to her, which I bought and ravenously listened to til I knew all the words.
    13 Autumns and a Widow is my favorite song on it...
    Thirteen Autumns And A Widow (Red October mix)

Spawned wanton like blight on an auspicious night
    Her eyes betrayed spells of the moon's eerie light
    A disquieting gaze forever ghosting far seas
    Bled white and dead, Her true mother was fed
    To the ravenous wolves that the elements led
    From crag-jagged mountains that seemingly grew in unease

Through the maw of the woods, a black carriage was drawn
    Flanked by barbed lightning that hissed of the storm
    (Gilded in crests of Carpathian breed)
    Bringing slaves to the sodomite for the new-born
    On that eve when the Countess' own came deformed
    A tragedy crept to the name Bathory

Elizabeth christened, no paler a rose
    Grew so dark as this sylph
    None more cold in repose
    Yet Her beauty spun webs
    Round hearts a glance would betroth

She feared the light
    So when She fell like a sinner to vice
    Under austere, puritanical rule
    She sacrificed...
    Mandragora like virgins to rats in the wall
    But after whipangels licked prisoners, thralled
    Never were Her dreams so maniacally cruel
    (And possessed of such delights)
    For ravens winged Her nightly flights
    Of erotica
    Half spurned from the pulpit
    Torments to occur
    Half learnt from the cabal of demons
    In Her
    Her walk went to voodoo
    To see Her own shadow adored
    At mass without flaw
    Though inwards She abhored
    Not Her coven of suitors
    But the stare of their Lord

"I must avert mine eyes to hymns
    For His gaze brings dogmas to my skin
    He knows that I dreamt of carnal rites
    With Him undead for three long nights"

Elizabeth listened
    No sermons intoned
    Dragged such guilt to Her door
    Tombed Her soul with such stone
    For She swore the Priest sighed
    When She knelt down to atone...

She feared the light
    So when She fell
    Like a sinner to vice
    Under austere, puritanical rule
    She sacrificed
    Her decorum as chaste
    To this wolf of the cloth
    Pouncing to haunt
    Her confessional box
    Forgiveness would come
    When Her sins were washed off
    By rebaptism in white....

The looking glass cast Belladonna wreaths
    'Pon the grave of Her innocence
    Her hidden face spat murder
    From a whisper to a scream
    All sleep seemed cursed
    In Faustian verse
    But there in orgiastic Hell
    No horrors were worse
    Than the mirrored revelation
    The She kissed the Devil's phallus
    By Her own decree...

So with windows flung wide to the menstrual sky
    Solstice Eve She fled the castle in secret
    A daughter of the storm, astride Her favourite nightmare
    On winds without prayer
    Stigmata still wept between Her legs
    A cold bloodedness which impressed new hatreds
    She sought the Sorceress
    Through the snow and dank woods to the sodomite's lair

Nine twisted fates threw hewn bone die
    For the throat of Elizabeth
    Damnation won and urged the moon
    In soliloquy to gleam
    Twixt the trees in shafts
    To ghost a path
    Past the howl of buggered nymphs
    In the sodomite's grasp
    To the forest's vulva
    Where the witch scholared Her
    In even darker themes

"Amongst philtres and melissas
    Midst the grease of strangled men
    And eldritch truths, elder ill-omen
    Elizabeth came to life again"

And under lacerations of dawn She returned
    Like a flame unto a deathshead
    With a promise to burn
    Secrets brooded as She rode
    Through mist and marsh to where they showed
    Her castle walls wherein the restless
    Counted carrion crows

She awoke from a fable to mourning
    Church bells wringing Her madly from sleep
    Tolled by a priest, self castrated and hung
    Like a crimson bat 'neath the belfry
    The biblical prattled their mantras
    Hexes six-tripled their fees
    But Elizabeth laughed, thirteen Autumns had passed
    And She was a widow from god and His wrath, finally...

(It's the lyrics that I love- beautifully written! *sigh*)

Chaotika's Avatar Fetish Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotika
    Elizabeth Bathory is one of my favourite historical figures.
    I don't like black metal, but cradle of filth made an entire album devoted to her, which I bought and ravenously listened to til I knew all the words.
    13 Autumns and a Widow is my favorite song on it...
    Thirteen Autumns And A Widow (Red October mix)
    Ah, it's called "cruelty and the beast"! How did I forget that?! lol
    Here is the cover

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Like I said in the other link....I am a fan of hers. Not because of what she did (because it was sick) but because of the balls and the insanity it took to come up with that idea. It worked too, but no one saw her really much up until her death. She kept hidden away in her castle. As a historical figure, she ranks up there with..like I said..La Voisin, Jack the Ripper, Rasputin, (All the McFarlane's six faces of maddness, basically).
    I study insanity and serial killers and mental disorders and all that, so that is what makes her fascinating...to have gotten into her mind to see how she rationalized all of it...amazing.

Sun

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    What do you think about real life women who have gone down the vampire's path i.e. people like Elizabeth Bathory?
    I wish there were more of them

the_darkness_calls's Avatar Senior Member

i find them insanely fascinating.... i love reading up on that kind of stuff, tho i think it spooks my roommate a little....meh, she's used to me by now

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    I wish there were more of them
    me too , the world would be a lot more interesting

Actually, I believe Ingid Pitt (who famously played Bathory in Hammer's 'Countess Dracula') wrote in one of her books that the whole 'Vampire' thing was just an excuse to relieve her of her land. Ms. Pitt's reasoning was that 'where are you going to find so many virgins in a town that size with nothing to do and nowhere to go on a hot summer's night but the local hayrick? '

sheramil's Avatar Maracite Inreach program

i know a young woman who won't drink your blood, but spend half an hour in a room with her and she'll suck all of the energy out of you. it's bizarre; almost enough to make you believe in the supernatural.

"If, after having been exposed to someone's presence, you feel as if you've lost a quart of plasma; avoid that presence. You need it like you need pernicious anemia. Don't like to hear the word vampire around here... tryin' to improve our public image." - William S Burroughs

New Mexico. . . and Texas. . . and I went to college in Philly

There's a cool book called "The Blood Countess" by Andrei Codrescu. It's about an American descendent of hers going back to where she lived and exploring Bathory's history, and it's intercut with a fictionalized account of her life.

The second time reading it, I skipped the parts about the American, and just read the parts about Elizabeth Bathory, and liked it more (call me shallow).

By the way, I posted about the article about her in that magazine you don't like just because I thought it was cool. I don't know anyone from the magazine, and I usually only promote my own kink events. I'm sorry they owe you a lot of money or whatever, but don't put that on me. I just liked the article.

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil
    i know a young woman who won't drink your blood, but spend half an hour in a room with her and she'll suck all of the energy out of you. it's bizarre; almost enough to make you believe in the supernatural.

"If, after having been exposed to someone's presence, you feel as if you've lost a quart of plasma; avoid that presence. You need it like you need pernicious anemia. Don't like to hear the word vampire around here... tryin' to improve our public image." - William S Burroughs

aye, this is called Psi-Vampirism, where instead of taking of blood from a partner, their energy is taken from them directly. Ive yet to meet any that go just by this method, but have met a few online that have claimed that this is how they do it only. As for a female vampire, I only wish more would "come out of the coffin" and be prouder of who and what Vampires are. but that goes for both Male and Females of Our lifestyle. Too many afe afraid of ridicule being as they are, and feel that they would be ridiculed outside their own covens. I know I couldnt care what someone else thinks of what I do and whom I may do it with for this and other interest I have.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

As wonderful as the fantasy of vampires is, some how I think if some one really tortured virgins to death with hot pokers and iron maidens for the purpose of bathing in their blood, I think it would be kinda icky and definitly worthy of the straight jacket/ padded room vacation special.

Somehow even in the fantay stories female vampires are portrayed as nuts.

I think that female vampires could be just as sexy as the guys. I don't find them as sexy for several reasons. Not the least of which being the chick on a power trip syndrome that is a total turn off. It seems that the ladies gifted with a Kiss lose the art of subtle manipulation and become all out power hogs.

Psi-Vamps are an awesome phenomenea. If only they could be studied wiht out the side effects!

Quote Originally Posted by sheramil

yep Uncle Bill's got it right on that account... heh... of course the best defense is a ruthless offense, when people want to be parasitic a good purgative can be quite effectateous...

...as for Bathory, I hadn't heard that these were trumped up charges, but I wouldn't discount it considering what they did to Gilles de Rais... and a woman ruling her own kingdom, and not taking any shit by all accounts? forget it, no wonder they went after her.

btw the real life Vlad Tsepesch Dracula is way more fascinating than that awful dreck stoker wrote... man probably singlehandedly prevented the Turks from invading Hungry, and thereby overrunning western europe...

ah well, just sitting here whistlin', and a whittlin' me a pile of stakes...

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Well I really am a vampire, and that is all there is to it... In every way, a VAMP!! I really do consume people and take their youth and life essence and then move on, having taken that life force.... Heh! Heh! Heh!

I mean, I do it without the blood and fangs and hot pokers and all that.

But I am definitely a vampire. The real thing... I do it to both men and women. I take their souls. I swear, I feed upon their souls. I use their life energy.

It is also called a "femme fatale" same thing sort of...

funkatron's Avatar Dead Agent

Those vamps in Bram Stoker's Dracula made me envy Keaunu Reeves (for once).

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

SNL celebraty jeapardy parody...
    keanu reeves actor "i know kung fu"
    alex trebeck actor "for the last time, no, you dont."

i think keanu would be hott as a vampire... but... as long as he tried to be a smart one. the bill and ted movies totally fuckin typecast him as a moron. it was sad...

Camby Savelle's Avatar Stars shaped like hearts

i'm not familiar with Elizabeth Bathory, so no comment on her.

however i do find modern "vampires" pathetic. nothing more than people try to find something to identify with.

i do find find models dressing up, movies about, or people who only bring aspects from time to time into their life rather neat. it's the people who pretend to be, and live by it daily that bother me.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

the other term for a psi vamp is pranic. and yeh. elizabeth bathory was an intersting character but ther eis a word for it nowadays-murder. and murdering an innocent person for the purpose of bathing in their blood is not cool.
    i honetsly feel (my opinion obviously varies from others) that vampirism can be an interesting experience in ones life but there are sanguanarians even now that dont believe in crossing the line of consenting donors to going out and killing for blood.

i'd say to any vamps in training or currents out there to keep it safe. sane and consensual at all times.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

yeah it kind of strikes me as odd about how such really mundane figures get glamorized by pop culture. I use the term mundane because these people really weren't that different from many others that didn't gain such noteriety. It seem that the only appeal of vlad dracula is through bram stokers novel. first off all though the idea of the vampire is old, it was never considered anymore sophistcated or charming then any other ghoul. along that same lines dracula was never associated with vampirism until the novel. likewise the novel itself has nothing to do with the real life dracula, (it actually has very little to do with vampirism either, read between the lines.) bram stoker probibly just took the name because he thought it was interesting and amusing that there were some similiarities between the historic count and his own.

He could have easily just switched roles and based it on christian knights that consumed flesh and blood during the crusades. or any number of other people throughout history.

yes I know, what does this have to do with real life female vampires? simple: there are no real life female vampires. it's just people in modern times that like to fabricate an exciting fantasy around historic events that really doesn't hold up to what actually happened. dan brown does the same thing, only he uses quasi-secret societies instead.

New Mexico. . . and Texas. . . and I went to college in Philly

For me, the appeal of vampires has always been that their monstrosity is of a sexual nature; they are sexual monsters. You don't know if the vampires want to seduce you. . . or eat you. . . or both. That appeals to me far more than zombies or some of the other supernatural myths.

I think there have been myths of seductive vampires before Bram Stoker, but not all of them were. They have varied from the shambling, mindless undead to attractive, sophisticated creatures with the power of sexual mesmerism. I liked the way Anne Rice tried to encompass several of those types into her vampire cosmology in her novels.

+ Reply to Thread