+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Would you pay off someone who threatened you, go to the authorities, or go vigilante?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Would you pay off someone who threatened you, go to the authorities, or go vigilante?

Say someone kidnaps someone you love, threatens you or someone or something which matters to you, attempts to blackmail you, etc. How do you handle it?

Would you pay off someone who threatened you, go to the authorities, or go vigilante?

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Would you pay off someone who threatened you, go to the authorities, or go vigila

It depends if I had a clue who did it or not.
    I suppose I could always go to the cops, and if they failed, and the person got killed,
    then go vigilante for revenge. The cops have a lot of resources that the average person
    might not have access too. Tracking devices, night vision stuff, helicopters, etc...

Default Re: Would you pay off someone who threatened you, go to the authorities, or go vigila

I would never pay off someone who threatened to harm me or anyone I know. Whether I would go to the authorities first or try to take care of it myself first would really depend on the exact situation and how serious it was.

Working with cops and paying people that threaten me are pretty much ruled out. I'd like to think I'd track them down myself, but unless I was presented with a very clear bread crumb trace chances are I'd just explain to them that they're idiots holding stuff ransom against someone with my lack of wealth and try to bluff them into letting go in exchange for not contacting the police.

Blackmail would be easiest to deal with, since I don't get embarrassed or enter into relationships that rely on people thinking I'm a respectable person. That's like threatening a bathtub with a watergun.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

don't have alot of money~or people i'd really car enough about to pay a ransom if i did...
    cops out here are morons...
    so I'd most likely track them down and burn their house down with a few molotovs then greet anyone who comes out with a face full of shovel.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

I'd hire the mob.

If I lived in an action movie I would go vigilante. Go Charles Bronson on their ass, Kinjite style. That's what I would want to do.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Pay them off. Go vigilante. Take back the money with interest.

OEC

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

tell 'em i'd pay 'em off, go to the authorities, and grab my gun. (note to self, purchase gun).they come to collect, the authorities surround us, but i get first shot. and it was self defense. there, bases covered.

~K

Authorities aren't generally that accommodating, though.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Regardless of what I'd do,they'd have put in a lot of effort for not much of a possible return....... stupid criminals

nvrsetl's Avatar Junior Member

Isn't this what governmental sponsored nationalized healthcare is doing to us? Each person has to have health insurance and pay the monthly rate the govt states we can afford, regardless if we can or not. If we fail to purchase one of the healthcare plans the govt states we can afford then we get a hefty financial fine come tax time. So we either buy a govt sponsored insurance policy or pay a fine if we don't. How about with all the bailout money? As individuals we have to follow the law but AIG and others can merely disregard legal responsibility then we pay for the intentional misguidings come tax time. Sorry to get off on a rant but these ransom programs of recent aggrivate me.

Governments are always threatening and extorting you, of course - you can't have laws or taxes without coercion.

Supposedly it doesn't count because they have 'authority' over the land you live on, or something. This, and the fact that they will do what you want them to if you vote, is what separates them from criminal gangs.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    the fact that they will do what you want them to if you vote
    Where does this happen?

15. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to mystoo For This Useful Post:

Raza (05-17-2010)
    Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo View Post
    Where does this happen?
    isn't that how are system works......oh, right, nobody really votes here anymore

+ Reply to Thread