+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: demons

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

Default Re: demons

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula
    I think it was LaVey who said something to the effect that anyone who spells magic with a 'k' isn't, and in my experience that's on the money. Crowley introduced the convention to distinguish between conjuring and 'the real deal'. (Also, typically for Crowley, the 'k' was also associated with female genitalia in his eyes.) The trouble is that the distinction between stage magic and 'occult' magic isn't as clear cut as the Beast would have you believe. All of history's best known sorcerers - Crowley included - were a curious blend of con man and conjuror, with just enough dark, inexplicable mystery about them to invalidate any accusations that they were frauds.

Azrael and Azazel are both demons of a sort. Azrael is the Angel of Death, while Azazel is a demon associated with air and goats, especially the 'scapegoat' chased out to die in the desert carrying the sins of the tribe with it according to Hebraic tradition.
    Thanks for the info Cali. Both on LaVey, and the demon Azrael. I knew about the scapegoat thingy, but honestly thought that Azrael was the same demon.

Learning stuff in this thread, i am.

Enjoying myself, i be.

Yoda i am channelling - hmm, yes.

~Histrionica~

Quote Originally Posted by Vempyrik
    vampires?
    thats what I ment..

Vempyrik's Avatar (Advocatus diaboli)

Quote Originally Posted by publicharakiri
    thats what I ment..
    i thought so

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Vempyrik
    there under the bed..
    No silly thats our cats!

Amethyst's Avatar Senior Member

As atheist I have to say no, thought I have always wanted to believe in spiritual world and demons etc. but I just don't want to because I think it's self-deception to think that way. I don't really know why I think so and don't want to dishonor your believes. I think people can't face their inner demons so they see them as flashes of supernatural creatures that are from other dimension, not from themself.

you guys never heard about demon OliX ?!?!

It was about time

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Gothickitty
    I have a friend who claims he is a demon, and his brother says he is a vampire.
    Who knows.
    That reminds me of when I worked at Hastings (books, music and video) of a little boy who came in with bear suit pajamas on. He was the middle aged of three boys and was all about showing me he was a bear. His younger brother followed suit by growling too. The mother explained to me how they can't get the middle brother to leave the house unless he's in the bear suit (he never goes anywhere without it). The oldest explained to me how his younger brothers were bears, but that he was a tiger, he was very matter-of-fact about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pedar
    Yes, Burkett's getting a lot of attention because he's studied domination and food sharing rituals among primates- and that might've been the beginning of what later became what we call 'religion'--look at those Sumerian Babylonian pictures of prisoners showing submission to the conquerors--
    P.
    Yeah, the whole submission to conquerors thing was really in the ancient mindset, it always seemed to me. It was interesting how the Greeks would just overrun a place and then everybody joined together (conqueror and conquered) and went and did it somewhere else. Plus, you have all these great foretold leaders of the masses, as well as some deified historical figures. You still see little shreds of that in little pocket cultures today, it seems.

And, to finally say if I do believe in them or not. I agree with Scarlett1313 based on my own experiences, readings and research. For me it could be a little bit of everything energy-wise, but thoughtforms seem to have a lot to do with how we "experience" them, whether by way of experiencing them as a "new" thought, or a formulation of prevailing ones (beliefs included). The metaphor they represent, though, is most important to me. For me it is not about substance, but what can I learn from what I am experiencing. Such as: What is this? Is this a demon? Why is this happening to me? What does it mean? What does this experience itself touch in my field of vision? How much of this has a conscious bearing for me, or is it connected with some deeper state of mind? Can I converse and interact? If I can or cannot, why is that? and so forth...

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett1313
    Hey no biggie...i totally understand and trust me I have had MANY of my own weird run-in's! good luck with the book.
    Hey thanks-- May the Muses be with me (now those I think I may believe in)-P.

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    That reminds me of when I worked at Hastings (books, music and video) of a little boy who came in with bear suit pajamas on. He was the middle aged of three boys and was all about showing me he was a bear. His younger brother followed suit by growling too. The mother explained to me how they can't get the middle brother to leave the house unless he's in the bear suit (he never goes anywhere without it). The oldest explained to me how his younger brothers were bears, but that he was a tiger, he was very matter-of-fact about it.
    hehe

+ Reply to Thread