+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Genocide in Sudan

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Genocide in Sudan

It's sad and frustrating that genocide AGAIN rears its head in Africa. This time it'sno less brutal. Worse still no one talks about it and no governmant no matter how liberal or conservative has stepped up to act against it. It's Rawanda all over again...

Oddly the only one who even want to touch the subject and get their hands bloody by it are religious organizations. No real shock given that they are often in the thick of such conflicts in Africa. With muslims vs. christians still the major factor in such conflicts it's very much like a modern crusade in a way...only with modern means of barbaric brutality.

Those engaging in such actions have also learned the lessons of how to conduct such killing effectively and to the point. Whole sale slaughter of families and bloodlines is the main goal since it's the best way to break the communities and clans that dominate such regions.

However this is all proving difficult to prove on the legal front since the government of Sudan is not exactly open with it's information. While horror stories leak out their is no "paper trail" to chase and prosecute.

This leaves many human rights organizations pleading for someone in a position of power to act...but no one will...and they won't any time soon. The U.S. does not want ANOTHER Somalia and neither do all the nations who were involved in that mission...most major European powers refuse to do anything that could make them look like the "U.S. in Iraq".

So what's happening? Well people are being killed...in ways that we were suppose to have stopped..."Never again" and all that. Seems that while we all know the lesson none are willing to act on it.

Funny how Genocide has become an issue no candidate in any nation wants to touch or deal with when ALL our morality and ethics say we should do all we can to stop it.

We're so civilized aren't we?

nausiatingpain's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Genocide in Sudan

*Yawn* Yet another example of Muslim scum spreading their "religion" by the sword.

Trotter's Avatar Senior Member

How incredibly ignorant of you. Well done.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Quote Originally Posted by nausiatingpain
    *Yawn* Yet another example of Muslim scum spreading their "religion" by the sword.
    you are so off, people who do those things dont deserve to call themselves muslims. there are alot of muslim people who are against what these terrorists stand for.

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    you are so off, people who do those things dont deserve to call themselves muslims. there are alot of muslim people who are against what these terrorists stand for.
    Why don't you hear about things like this with other religions? Sure, christians have plenty of blood on their hands. But that was the 11th century. This is 2004. "Just a few bad apples." Give me a break, you can't possibly believe that.

This is 2004. "Just a few bad apples." Give me a break, you can't possibly believe that.
    i do believe it because i have some muslim friends and theyre all decent people

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    i do believe it because i have some muslim friends and theyre all decent people
    No doubt some are. But so many are troublemakers that it gives their whole people a bad name. And they're not doing anything about it. Take a look at some of the opinion polls coming from the middle east. Most think the jews bombed the twin towers. Like half of Iraqis think Saddam should be freed. It's sickening.

theres my whole point just because some muslims feel that way you cant go around calling all of them "Muslim scum"

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

actually thansk to some ignorances the US and other super powers fund those genocides to keep contol poorley..and the truth be told the muslims can throw out quiet the drop dead gorgeous women ....godamn brits and french and germans fuckign around with the world it's sad...so many damn books go into to itbut never an solutions....maybe we should all just not care like nuasating pain and have an medicore outlook.....hey wait maybe that's why so many people outsise the US have such a negative view of it....lest stick our dick in the pie politics and then not care or at least the public doesn't.....

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Why don't you hear about things like this with other religions? Sure, christians have plenty of blood on their hands. But that was the 11th century. This is 2004. "Just a few bad apples." Give me a break, you can't possibly believe that.
    You don't go to any of the religious congresses, do you? The sexual abuse of children amongst male Christian clergy is higher than it is in any other faith. I'm not saying I'm for organized religion, or religion, period. But, laying blame on one over another, in any degree, is total, utter ignorance and lack of creative fore-thought. I ask you to better research your view and revise it if possible. That's the sort of attitude that just keeps dividing people in this world of ours.

George Washington (who is considered a conservative) asked this nation to not get involved internationally. Thomas Jefferson saw this as an eventual impossibility. Franklin Roosevelt saw that Africa and the Middle East were in desperate need of economy and infrastructure to survive. Yet, regardless, we do not act in the betterment of others, or in the involvement of our own country. We let carpet baggers and businessmen run our world amok so that we are so confused as to not see it is they against us - the common people, those who work, strive and suffer to feed our children, learn and just live our lives. It is more than an observation of class, it is an observation to the eventual survival of all.

As the Internet draws us closer, so does our problems. So, we must come to use our diversity to serve our similiarities in that we realize that all must have an opportunity to live.

No quote, just my feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by memorydream
    You don't go to any of the religious congresses, do you? The sexual abuse of children amongst male Christian clergy is higher than it is in any other faith. I'm not saying I'm for organized religion, or religion, period. But, laying blame on one over another, in any degree, is total, utter ignorance and lack of creative fore-thought. I ask you to better research your view and revise it if possible. That's the sort of attitude that just keeps dividing people in this world of ours.
    No I don't go to church. I'm an atheist. Besides, I never said I condoned catholic priests abusing children. Why don't you go research how many ongoing conflicts in the world right now were instigated by the Muslims, then get back to me?

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    maybe we should all just not care like nuasating pain and have an medicore outlook.....
    I'm just keeping it real, dogg.

No I don't go to church. I'm an atheist. Besides, I never said I condoned catholic priests abusing children. Why don't you go research how many ongoing conflicts in the world right now were instigated by the Muslims, then get back to me?
    Takes two to tango, buddy. It's not just Muslims, and it's rarely problems they started. A lot of folks still live in the dark over there thanks to us and the Allies. I know it in and out, and am very close to both Catholic, Christian, Methodist, Baptist, Buddhist, Muslim and Atheist communities. I do not accept your sneaky conservative inneundo/racist/classist garbage. Try again player, deposit 25 cents.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

As the Internet draws us closer, so does our problems. So, we must come to use our diversity to serve our similiarities in that we realize that all must have an opportunity to live.
    I don't think it draws us closer at all...if anything it highlights our diffrences and makes us MUCH more prone to classify, group, and segregate from one another. That's what's really been going on for quite a while now. Look at racial pride for example...it started off simple enough...then it became some twisted lightning rod to pull out the old "Us vs. Them" argument...it's sickening. Groups like MECha have exploited this idea to levels that really disturb these days. While it's nothing new in America it's still a cause for unease. Stupidity travels just as fast as smarts online and in years like this (Election years) it reaches levels that can drown a person.

As far as class goes...no one wants to be poor...and anyone with an inch of ambition wants something better than they have. I'm not talking mega rich but hell if I could pull down enough to live high on the hog I would...and damned if I wouldn't fight to stay there.

Those with NO ambition bitch the most about the rich and "the man". Yet if you gave them $$$ on a plate they'd happily accept it. Those who truly need I feel for...but some college fuck in a Che shirt can go fuck himself ...and so can ANY who are in college and bitch about the rest of the world...they should travel to REAL places of need and poverty.

The reason I'm picking on college kids is that MANY revolutions both bad and good begin their...and lately it's from those who have been given the world.

Look at Osama...the guy was a spoiled rich bastard who happily played the Playboy in Jordan...then "Found God"...isen't it time we ended the conditions that spawn these fucks?

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Takes two to tango, buddy. It's not just Muslims, and it's rarely problems they started. A lot of folks still live in the dark over there thanks to us and the Allies. .
    Uh no, it's a 50/50 situation of being fucked over. The "Allies" have their share of problems but MANY of them have to do with Muslim nations mixing two things that history shows do not mix...church and state. You cannot have a modern nation with opportunity and growth by dictating fundementalist nonsense and trying to live by them at EVERY level of government. Fundementalist governments are the problem and Muslim nations are VERY guilty of this in the last 100 years. Hell if it was not for "The Allies" many of the natiosn would not even BE nations...they'd still be under turkish control.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Uh no, it's a 50/50 situation of being fucked over. The "Allies" have their share of problems but MANY of them have to do with Muslim nations mixing two things that history shows do not mix...church and state. You cannot have a modern nation with opportunity and growth by dictating fundementalist nonsense and trying to live by them at EVERY level of government. Fundementalist governments are the problem and Muslim nations are VERY guilty of this in the last 100 years. Hell if it was not for "The Allies" many of the natiosn would not even BE nations...they'd still be under turkish control.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    I don't think it draws us closer at all...if anything it highlights our diffrences and makes us MUCH more prone to classify, group, and segregate from one another. That's what's really been going on for quite a while now. Look at racial pride for example...it started off simple enough...then it became some twisted lightning rod to pull out the old "Us vs. Them" argument...it's sickening. Groups like MECha have exploited this idea to levels that really disturb these days. While it's nothing new in America it's still a cause for unease. Stupidity travels just as fast as smarts online and in years like this (Election years) it reaches levels that can drown a person.

As far as class goes...no one wants to be poor...and anyone with an inch of ambition wants something better than they have. I'm not talking mega rich but hell if I could pull down enough to live high on the hog I would...and damned if I wouldn't fight to stay there.

Those with NO ambition bitch the most about the rich and "the man". Yet if you gave them $$$ on a plate they'd happily accept it. Those who truly need I feel for...but some college fuck in a Che shirt can go fuck himself ...and so can ANY who are in college and bitch about the rest of the world...they should travel to REAL places of need and poverty.

The reason I'm picking on college kids is that MANY revolutions both bad and good begin their...and lately it's from those who have been given the world.

Look at Osama...the guy was a spoiled rich bastard who happily played the Playboy in Jordan...then "Found God"...isen't it time we ended the conditions that spawn these fucks?
    First off, thanks for the intelligent and thoughtful response, I greatly appreciate it.

You do make a lot of great points. On the point of the Internet drawing us closer together. I guess that is just personal opinion. I have found myself more greatly unified with others that I would not normally every come into contact with. In those experiences of interaction I have found greater unity. I look at things like that and realize the aspect of the Internet that is propaganda, but it is also like a library of thoughts and history that can point larger groups of us in a direction out of our ignorance.

On class, I think your last point about Osama pretty much says it all for me. That is how I feel about most all of those who are in that position.
    It dawns on me just how much he is like Bush too, now.

I think I've said the exact same thing, word by word on college folk and their Che shirts.

It's nice to know you think about it and it's not just me it bothers when rhetoric and the garbage that those "above us" spew just to get us to spend our blood to get their iteniaries done.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Not that christians ever did that.. or are still doing that.. *cough cough* iraq *cough*

+ Reply to Thread