+ Reply to Thread

Thread: infant potty training? who knew!

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Default infant potty training? who knew!

http://www.timl.com/tt/

yeah... i dont think i have the patience for that... but apparently it works... mothers do it in india as regular practice... altough i wish they came already potty trained... :S dont we all...

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: infant potty training? who knew!

I remember hearing somewhere, that the Nazis had thier kids potty trained by one year old. I dont know if its true, or a concept of the first step to making a Nazi, but I know my wife and I are playing it safe; Maeve was ready for the potty when she turned 3.

Karlos7766's Avatar Junior Member

Nazi potty training was pretty cruel. This is a more modern version.

NAZI POTTY TRAINING - this is a four day process. Be prepared and be scared.

1. First off, your kid has to be ready. Yes, I mean them, not you. I don't care if it is your goal to have them potty trained by a certain date for whatever reason...school, new baby...it never works unless they are ready. My general rule of thumb is this, if they tell you when they just pooped and ask you to change them. Or they do all their bidness in a corner and then come hang out right near you, cause they know you'll change them, then they are ready. Also, they must be able to communicate with you to a certain degree. Nata stands in a corner when she poops, but will not come and tell me. When I ask, she says, nopes, no poopy. But she giggles. So I know she is close. Do it on a week when you can be at home with them. Or a long weekend.

2. Go buy little underwears with your kids favorite cartoon character on them and jelly beans. If your kid likes something else more than jelly beans, go for that instead. I don't do chocolate, just cause it seems mean to only give them one M&M. But that's just me. I mean Nazi, sure. But I'm not heartless.

3. DO NOT BUY PULL-UPS. This is very important. There is no place for these dam things in Nazi Potty Training. They are a waste of time and they ruin the process. It is still a diaper. Just one that leaks after a while.

4. Buy those little kid seat dealys that fit over the regular seat cover. It eliminates you cleaning out a bitty potty and in my professional opinion, it works better and faster. Kids get that we pee in the potty. They generally like the idea of doing what we do. Why the hell should we buy a different version of what we already own? The little seat will first of all teach them to use a real toilet without falling in and second, make it not a toy. This is important, toilets are not toys.

5. Go cold turkey. No more diapees. Yes, I know this is harsh, but it works wonders. Then there is no confusion. But please for the love of all things sane, warn them for a few days before hand. Talk about being big and using the potty like mommy and daddy.

6. The first morning, put them in underwears. Let them help you put a stool in front of the potty and the little seat thing on. Explain to them that now they are big and they need to use the potty and not pee or poop in the underwears. Tell them to let you know when they need to pee and if they do you will give them a jelly bean. Show them the bag of jelly beans. The first day ask them if they need to go every 20 minutes. Make them try at least once an hour. If they pee even the teeniest bit in the potty, give them two jelly beans. Two is important, cause they are generally two at this point and they understand that two is important. When/if they have an accident, stop everything to change them, no matter what. Don't make a big deal of the mess, but tell them, oh when you don't pee/poop in the potty, we have to stop everything we are doing. Trust me, they won't want that. Continue this for two days. If you have a stubborn child like mine, you will have a hard time getting them in a diaper for sleeping. Either put the underwears over it or really go cold turkey and put a plastic sheet under their sheets. This is what I did for Maya.

7. In the following two days, you will see improvement. They will want those jelly beans, I promise. If you are against candy, go with stickers. If you have a hard headed child, do both. Whatever works. You will be doing a lot of cleaning up that first day. Sorry, it has to be done. They will quickly learn that they hate being wet and having to be changed so often. Oh also, after you change them, make them sit on the potty again, even though you know they won't do something. It makes a point.

8. The third day, take your show on the road. Pack one and ONLY ONE pair of extra clothes and underwears. Go to the store or Target and out to eat. Remind them that if they pee int he clothes, they will have to be changed. Go to the park or the zoo. Do something fun. Kids like to check out new potties. As often as you can stand it, make them try to pee in a regular potty. I know it is gross. Some people take the little seat deal with them. I just held mine up. The first time they have an accident (if they do) change them. Make them try to use the potty. Warn them a few times that next time, you will have to go home, cause you have no more clothes. Please continue to do things. If they don't pee, great....but if you are still having a lot of accident in general, you almost need to wait until they have one again. It makes a point. They hate having to leave places, especially the park.

9. The forth day is the most crucial day. Take them somewhere they love, even if it is Parental Hell and you hate it. Warn them that you brought no underwears and no extra clothes. Tell them if they do not come to you and tell you when they need to pee and they have an accident, you will be going home, even if they are not ready. When you get there, make them use the bathroom. Ask them a bunch of times, cause it will not be fun to make them leave. Remind them nicely about the leaving policy. If they have an accident, leave immediately. They will most likely scream and throw a fit. Ignore it. Take the long way home. Keep you music up loud if they are screaming. If they are not screaming, tell them how sorry you are that you had to leave and remind them why it happened. Ask them to tell you how uncomfortable it is to be wet or poopy and to have to sit in it.

10. At this point, you should have a mostly potty trained kid. I did with Maya and five others. Go about your normal routine. Keep reminding them to use the potty, I mean they are toddlers. But by this point, most kids will come and tell you a lot of the time. Keep up the jelly beans or stickers for a week or two, but start to phase it out. Go down to one jelly bean and then start telling them, next time.

11. Have a drinking party for you yourself and um...me. You deserve it. Congratulations. Now make them get a job. Just kidding. If you have questions, let me know.

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

my friend had her daughter completley potty trained by the time she was 1... her daughter hated diapers and so she kinda potty trained herself

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

WoW, that has to be rare.

heh damn i wish my kid was like that!

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos7766
    Nazi potty training was pretty cruel. This is a more modern version.
    thats silly, if they are old enough to understand the jelly bean concept and everything, you shouldnt have a very hard time potty training them anyway.
    Kaden would just scream al day because he wants more jelly beans lol

i want some jelly beans!!!! and i already know how to use the toilet... can i have some jelly beans? please please please?????

+ Reply to Thread