+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Would you attend an execution?

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Would you attend an execution?

There are specific executions I would attend. In part, it would just be to gauge reactions and whether any "closure" was obtained by de-animating an already caged being. Could go on and on about the political/legal aspects of it, but I think it would be interesting to see how the actual event was processedby the parties present.

OEC

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

and As I SAID earlier,..

I ONLY SEE the DEATH Valed - of The TRUE GUILTY!,..
    ~ Never! of an INNOCENT,..

Cause No harm ~ to those whom' Harm Not,.....

but Bring Just Action to They
    - which Commune Unjust Harm against the defenseless.

and I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY "ISSUES" about "KILLING" a HUMAN...
    (*if WARRENTEDLY JUSTIFIED)

Deetz's Avatar Member

I have more than one reason of why I wouldn't want to see an execution.

I don't believe anyone should be killed. I believe what they deserve will happen on it's own. I'm not saying they should be free and run around, hell no. But killing a person off for a crime, is just as bad as letting the person suffer from thinking about what they did. I think for people who have committed murder (to the point of execution), I think being confined in "a hole", so to say (if anyone has studied alcatraz) will be a worse punishment than killing them off without them really getting punished. Think about it, would you rather have a killer be off'ed and let the public think, "well now we know how to deal with bad people. Just kill them since they killed someone else!" or would you want that person to be confined, 24/7, no parole what so ever, in a dark hole, thinking about what he/she did? In all honesty, I find that a worse punishment what so ever. The person will probably end up going insane, knowing guilt is right on his/her shoulder, as well as knowing he/she has to sit with it, the rest of his/her life.

I mean, I can't imagine the emotion. It's like burning a person for being a witch in modern times (except these people are guilty), it still wouldn't sit right with me. Bringing pain onto someone else who brought pain onto others isn't a punishment nor is it a lesson to be learned, it's just revenge. Pure and simple.

I don't think I would go to an execution as entertainment. I mean, maybe on a first date if it was the right girl, so I won't say never, but it does seem unlikely.

If the person being killed harmed me or a loved one, I probably would not attend. Even the most vile sometimes have people who will be hurt by their death, and I couldn't guarantee I would be somber of the occasion. I mean, if you are watching your kid, husband, brother whatever get put down, even if you know they deserve it, you don't want some giggling revenge freak there.

Just for the experience? Probably not. I can't think of a strong benefit to the experience. If I could, I would probably change my mind.

FedorasBox's Avatar Member

I think I would skip that show and watch some Family Guy.

+ Reply to Thread