+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sometimes, you just wanna kill a bitch.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Sometimes, you just wanna kill a bitch.

So. What are your thoughts on the hurricane? Do you think we're talking about it too much, giving the people's affected too much sympathy and pity, etc.? I've heard that we're doing both of those things today. Once on the city bus, and once from a "friend". And it pissed me off to the point of going off on them, I restrained from going off on the stranger. But due to certain problems with my "friend" lately, I didn't restrain. Anyways, what are your thoughts?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Sometimes, you just wanna kill a bitch.

i personaly think theres been way to much attention paid, but i have this thing where the more people talk to me about it the less i start to care to the point where i want people to shut the fuck up already. same thing happened with me and 911, it was abig tragedy and all but shut up already i dont wana hear any more about it

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

People will talk about it till it's over. I personally think that's the way it should be. I agree that people should also continue to go about their day to day activities and topics of conversation. But if we stop talking about it and stop paying attention to the fact that people in our own country need help and you can't help people by ignoring the problem.
    k

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Yeah people need to go on with life but ignoring the problem and simply not thinking about it is a bad thing because people need to think about it in order to prevent something similar from happening in the future.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I mean obviosuly this shit is going to be all over the place because parasites like the corporate run news channels prey on people's emotional responses to expose valuable add time. But I think one of the benefits, if you will, of 9/11 is that it's helped to wake a lot of people up to the fact that there are people suffering in their own country at least, if not the rest of the world, and that they can do something about it. the outpouring of compassion and helping displayed in the face of this has been a welcome relief to the overall apathetic attitude of the country in recent years.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Quote Originally Posted by Kidthorazine
    Yeah people need to go on with life but ignoring the problem and simply not thinking about it is a bad thing because people need to think about it in order to prevent something similar from happening in the future.
    I'm pretty sure nobody is going to build another city 30 ft. below sea level again...

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    I'm pretty sure nobody is going to build another city 30 ft. below sea level again...
    This one lady who was sending something at the UPS store was ranting about how they should just build all the houses on stilts and leave the water where it is.

I wanted to hurt her, but I only did so in my head, to make me feel better.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

And what's wrong with that?

They should bulldoze, and rebuild from the ground up...

Taking into account, the way nature works...
    The city needs to be on higher ground.
    I don't care how you do that, but you
    need to be able to deal with what nature
    throws at you...

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    And what's wrong with that?

They should bulldoze, and rebuild from the ground up...

Taking into account, the way nature works...
    The city needs to be on higher ground.
    I don't care how you do that, but you
    need to be able to deal with what nature
    throws at you...
    Because the water is disease infested? And building houses on stilts wouldn't guarrantee anything at all?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

considering that the waters broke through the huge concrete blocks whose sole purpose is to hold back the water, I think the wooden stilts would be fucked.

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I wasn't saying the stilts are a good idea.
    But you need to rebuild the city above sea level, and above the level of the river.
    Either that, or rebuild inland, and just tear down the old city and leave that area as undeveloped swampland.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

the problem with rebuildin is that if you moved the city then the historic oart (most of which was unharmed by the hurricane and is above sea level) would become completely isolated and thats the main reason why a lot of people go to new orleans and since new orleans makes most of its money from tourism that would be a very bad idea

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf
    Useless trivia:
    Death Valley National monument is 101ft. below sea level...surrounded by 9 main mountaia ranges. In order to drive out of death valley you have to drive too 1100ft. above sealevel then head back down to 500 above. The population: there is one small indian reservation, and a resort FUrnace Creek inn and Ranch Resort. The hotel houses 310 people and the inn houses 86 people...the employess live there, the amount of employees depends on the season...sometimes 85 sometimes 300....Summer is the buisest season.
    Extremely heavy rainfall on the evening of August 15, 2004 produced extensive flooding in Death Valley National Park. According to park officials rainfall began along the eastern portions of the park (over the Black and Funeral Mountains) between 7:30-7:45 PM PDT Flooding started to occur between 7:55-8:00 PM PDT with intense flooding beginning at around 8:30 PDT. Park Ranger Charlie Callagan stated that this was the heaviest rainfall he had seen in his entire life and his rough estimates of rainfall were in the 1-2 inch range. The water built up in the montains and litterally fell on Death Valley it broke the piping to the underground reservoir and water came from everywhere.This flood is being compared to the floods from 1985, 1941 and 1939.
    Apparently it's a trend.

Death Valley has the continents hottest recorded tempature at 134 degrees...

Sorry i used to live there...this reminded me of the flood, we were kinda trapped...the roads were closed for months and we had to stay there....then one raod opend up and it took 3 hours to get to a grocery store...

Pull~My~Hair's Avatar makes your life seem good

Quote Originally Posted by Pull~My~Hair
    Useless trivia:
    Death Valley National monument is 101ft. below sea level...surrounded by 9 main mountain ranges. In order to drive out of death valley you have to drive too 1100ft. above sealevel then head back down to 500 above. The population: there is one small indian reservation, and a resort FUrnace Creek inn and Ranch Resort. The hotel houses 310 people and the inn houses 86 people...the employess live there, the amount of employees depends on the season...sometimes 85 sometimes 300....Summer is the buisest season.
    Extremely heavy rainfall on the evening of August 15, 2004 produced extensive flooding in Death Valley National Park. According to park officials rainfall began along the eastern portions of the park (over the Black and Funeral Mountains) between 7:30-7:45 PM PDT Flooding started to occur between 7:55-8:00 PM PDT with intense flooding beginning at around 8:30 PDT. Park Ranger Charlie Callagan stated that this was the heaviest rainfall he had seen in his entire life and his rough estimates of rainfall were in the 1-2 inch range. This flood is being compared to the floods from 1985, 1941 and 1939.
    Apparently it's a trend.
    Death Valley has the continents hottest recorded tempature at 134 degrees...

Sorry i used to live there...this reminded me of the flood, we were kinda trapped...the roads were closed for months and we had to stay there....then one raod opend up and it took 3 hours to get to a grocery store...

+ Reply to Thread