+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: What do you think of JUST THE MILITARY?

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Default Re: What do you think of JUST THE MILITARY?

all I wanna say is YOUR JOINING THE MILITARY....sometimes they have to go do army things Like kill people and blow stuff up. Often it is a great way to get advances in engineering and other things as well as education especially if you don't have the money and alot of people in the army come from working class backgrounds. As for wars they will alwasy occur the army does things we in normal society find difficult to handle par for the course in military life...as for this whole Gulf war thing.....don't blames the poor bastards in the miltary balme the govenrment that sent them. I wish though people who want to join the miltary think about what they are doing. If not war you may be sent to do peace keeping and that can be just as harry....anyhow uhh yeah that's all i have to say

Nuada_Airgetlam's Avatar Just A Wolf

I knew the moment that I posted the thick-headed shit for brains would come back with something.
    I give you the true freedoms that we protect
    READ THE BILL OF RIGHTS.
    23 quitting is not an option unless of course you enjoy being a deserter or brigs are your choice vacation spot. I am thinking that men in Leavenworth would love you.
    ANd morning glory really you should get a better education on the jobs of the military. You might even learn something. But I highly doubt seeing as how you know everything already.
    Oh and me bitch moan and cry about dying. really 23 think about how old I am and understand that I am not afraid of dying. I was talking about a medic getting killed by shrapnel in the worst way possible. Me get a medal for what doing my duty. only if you are the one handing it to my mother and father. As you explain to them the circumstances of my death. ANd the people that sleep on the streets because they have no money or are unable to get a job. look if they have any education they can get work somewhere.
    If you want funny I can give you funny. are you ready for it because this is hilarious. Fuck you! See funny right.
    Different backrounds and the like.
    Racisim is not in the military their might be a few but for the most the military is full of people that do not hate every race except their own. Just so you know the military screens all applicants. WE do not accept those with violent behavior patterns because they could end up killing a shipmate or platoon leader or something such as sabotage.
    I also notice that you only quoted the parts that I was showing anger in nothing about the fact that lives are being saved because of the relief efforts of the US Military.
    Oh and by the way people on the armed services have joined for several reasons one was to have a steady job, A constant paycheck, to see the world, to get an education,*CLEP exams are free for military*,to expierence new places meet new people and enjoy the cultures of the world. I also believe that people also join out of a sense of duty to their country.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuada_Airgetlam
    READ THE BILL OF RIGHTS.
    ah yes...the bill of rights...

23 quitting is not an option unless of course you enjoy being a deserter or brigs are your choice vacation spot.

i would rather desert from that which i hold to be wrong rather than continue in a futile escapade which can only bring harm to others and myself... OH LOCK ME UP!!....I'd rather be in Guantanamo bay with all the other people who are receiving the full benefits of their bill of rights than shooting some poor sap in the head.

I am not afraid of dying.
    really, and i'm not afraid of you dying either, i'm afraid for the poor saps who get dumped on when you forget which button does what.

I also notice that you only quoted the parts that I was showing anger in nothing about the fact that lives are being saved because of the relief efforts of the US Military.

YUP....because i've stressed time and time again I don't have any problems with the military doing humanitarian or civic duties.

I also believe that people also join out of a sense of duty to their country.

wow.....great line for the end of a horror movie...

HI GUYS.

Please. Stop. I love you all.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

um.. you're a dumbass. the entire point of the military is racism. it's attcking people because of thier national citizenship. you don't go into an "enemy" country and pick and choose which individuals are threats, you say ok, these guys are members of the country that we're at war with, they are my enemy. granted in the past it used to be easier to distiniguish between a non-combatant and a guy in a uniform, but people are getting smarter about that, so there really is no way to tell anymore. so who do you shoot? the white guy in the middle east or the middle-eastern guy in the middle east? and no I don't need to study military careers to know the answer to that one.

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    HI GUYS.

Please. Stop. I love you all.
    aw, I love you too. hey just because I am opposed to certain aspects fo the military ( which admittidly is most of them) doesn't mean that I want any harm to come to your fiance, ok? In fact um, that was always the whole point to my arguement, that I don't want anyone to get hurt. which some may tell me is unrealistic, yeah, I know... but I really don't see how it's a bad thing to just take the time every once in a while and think about what you can do to make that a little easier.

Wow did you hurt yourself when you came up with that. And the oath of the servicemember is to support and defend the constitution of the united states against enemies foreign and domestic. So Were you beaten up by a guy dressed in a uniform when you were younger because you certainly think that we are all a bunch of racist robots. That do nothing but kill everything in our path. Yes that is all we do we just sit there go well he is white he is not capable of being a terrorist. Or a traitor. Or wait is he middle-eastern.
    The military is made up of every single nationality. caucasian inuit hispanic asian middle-eastern native american african american and the like. SO yeah we are a bunch of racists that just sit and stare at each other all the time.

Bullshit. We work together as a team to get the job done.

Hmm which button does that. None I work with Comms. oh getting spattered by bloody body parts meh it happens.

But I understand that you are set in your ways and that you really have nothing intelligent to say about this subject so I am just going to let it go.

Howrangi's Avatar So how old are you again?

Wow didn't mean to stur up the pot but you guys have points that should be regarded as "THIER OPINION". But as for the bashing of OUR military members watch it. They just sentenced an INDIVIDUAL life in prison when he shot one of OUR OWN for his freedom of speech, when he came up to a military member and told him that "he was a puppet for the piece of shit of a president and that he should be shot just for going to Iraq and killing innocent people that don't want any help from us". When that Military member told him where to go. This prick just pulled out his gun ( right to bare arms another freedom we have) and shot him with out any regards for his life. what im trying to get at is this you can say anything you want to about the military but dont say crap about US if you don't know what we go thru or are tasked to do.

ah, what's the point? I say the the military wages wars on other countries and in doing so, they cause people to die. and then I get told that I'm stupid, and I don't know what I'm talking about. yes I know the military does other things, some of them are good. what I don't get is why everyone is so offended and get's mad and angry and refuses to listen to any reasoning when I say the above statement. why can't you admit that the military does those things? are you ashamed of it? or are you just in denial?

I am not saying that we do not kill people. That is what part of defend against means. Sometimes yes we get orders or are told to do something that goes against all of our moral being and it states that we do not have to follow any unlawful orders. But a lot of times the area of lawful and unlawful in war are blurry gray areas. as above the whole thing is most military would basically tell you were to shove your head and send you on your merry way I did my best to show that we are not mindless robots. But all the freedoms that many civilians have we as the military do not have them so in a lot of things we really have little choice after we sign the dotted lines at our first command. So yes some things have happened that shouldn't have and for the most part they try to keep civilian casualties to 0. But in every war some civilians well be killed. I am not condoning it or saying that it is ok. I am simply saying that in war death happens and sometimes they have no choice but to fire. It is sad that we as a indviduals in the military do our job and do it well we do not exsist yet the moment one platoon screws up and the entire military is considered to be bad. Now can we end this discussion before we end up not being able to ever communicate because we think that other is a comlete idiot and doesn't deserve the time of day?
    You went about it a lot better than others that posted on this thread.

+ Reply to Thread