+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are neck tattoos still badass?

Default Are neck tattoos still badass?

I am normally not a fan of these human LOLcat things, but OMG. I remember when I used to think certain kinds of tattoos were soooooooooo sexy. I loved both really blatant in-your-face ink and really secret tattoos. I enjoy people who make a scene and I also liked the idea of people having more to them than meets the eye. Now, I barely notice tattoos, even pretty extensive ones, unless they are really nice, exceptionally colored, on a cohesive meaningful theme, etc.
    Read the full article

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Are neck tattoos still badass?

No, neck tatoos aren't badass anymore..

3. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Karl For This Useful Post:

VoltaireBlue (04-29-2012)

They never really were, they were just less common. For every scary, ex-con, punk rock, biker type with a neck tattoo, there used to be the weaselly poser, a drugged out wannabe and the actual bad-ass's sidekick. Sure, it used to be a better filter than it is now, but the neck tattoo used to just be the cherry on the bad ass sundae.

5. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Cafe_Post_Mortem For This Useful Post:

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Neck tattoos are just a great way of saying, "No, I'm not really interested in a job. Why do you ask?"

7. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Rockwulf For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rockwulf View Post
    Neck tattoos are just a great way of saying, "No, I'm not really interested in a job. Why do you ask?"
    Best case I've heard for them thus far.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I think they are totally classless. only my personal opinion. so fucking trashy; I think of ex cons when I see them.

Rockwulf's Avatar Negatory

Y'see a neck tattoo and you know that guy knows where to find crystal meth and/or has put a baby in a teenager.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

I see them and I wonder how long they did time. Yes, stereotypes still exist. even when I see one that is well done I still think it just looks really hard. not a fan.

Neck tattoos may not be bad-ass any more, but a neck beard, that's the mark of a man you don't fuck with.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem View Post
    Neck tattoos may not be bad-ass any more, but a neck beard, that's the mark of a man you don't fuck with.
    I'll stick with my Viking-ess beard thank you. As far as neck tattoos, I guess for me it depends on what it is. If it's just a tattoo placed purposely on the neck as a solo piece, it's kind of stupid to me, especially depending on what part of the neck (sides, back, or throat). On the other hand, I don't mind tattoos that go up onto the neck that are part of a larger back/shoulder piece. Now, head tattoos, that is another guy you probably shouldn't fuck with.

+ Reply to Thread