+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mortis Mortavius Shoots DragonCon 2011

Default Mortis Mortavius Shoots DragonCon 2011

I was very active in East Coast fandom from the time I was very underage (but old enough to get into mischief), until I moved to California. It was a lot of fun. I tended to spell shirt L-I-N-G-E-R-I-E and regularly get in trouble with con security over my (lack of) attire and non-peacebonded weapons. This also meant I got photographed a lot. So I've seen a fair amount of convention photography, even if that meant more viewing portfolios on the front end, more than ever actually getting in the...
    Read the full article

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: Mortis Mortavius Shoots DragonCon 2011

thank you! it is rare that i can mix my love of geekdom with things more fitting of your site's content. this is the first of any con coverage that ive seen that had a good aesthetic, or an eye for style. as you already said, "many photographers just get blinded by boobies or something" and that includes videos as well.

i would love to attend an upcoming con on the east coast, in the new england area.

I like cosplayers. They've got that no-holds-barred attitude about dressing up that makes all the difference between nice and awesome. S'too bad they're always dressing up as something and don't actually go through life like that, but many scenes do a lot worse.

Security needs to GTFO. Do those guys ever do anything but hassle events' funnest participants?

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

cosplay as a security guard-person...and be nice to people. would still prolly get hassled by the real security.

awesome pics too!! but I thought it was a dragon only themed con when I read it first...

+ Reply to Thread