+ Reply to Thread

Thread: alienation parties

dead_but_twitching's Avatar Member

Default alienation parties

hi...
    last year i was i brazil doing one of those "find yourselves" tripps or whatever you folks call it,,,and it turns out it wasn't something i really needed after all...... lets put it like this..

i feel like a nam vet after hisfirst rotation to the "world"
    i saw soo much shit during my stay there , and now i cant relate to anything
    i can't really laugh to anything and I dont really understand the world anymore...

anyways before this turns into a suicide note
    have you ever done a tripp that you thought would be great for you, but turned out to be less than... desireable

Default Re: alienation parties

Yeah. I went to mainland China a few years ago and I thought it sucked. I was expecting this great cultural experience, but I didn't enjoy much of the trip. The food sucked for the most part, it was filthy as hell and the people were not particularly friendly. I came home with some great photos & knock-offs though.

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

Did things go from black and white, to grey for ya? Can you give some examples of how, or what screwed you up?

As for me the west coast, specifically Seattle was a great idea, that wasn't so much, for me.

dead_but_twitching's Avatar Member

i just saw too much horror and got screwed over again and again... mostly by the police and random people that i met

then when i came back it the world just seemed unfriendly and distant..

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

It sounds like you got messed with pretty good. Although, I bet, all the things that thrilled you at one time, are still there. Is it that, (as a defence mechanism) you built a wall to protect yourself, and now it not only keeps you from harm, but it keeps you in place, you don't want to be?

Its not easy, and it may feel like your being fake, but try putting on a "happy face", when around people, you may get responses you need right now.

You can always come on here to expell the shit, I think people would understand.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

never had that problem, even my worst trips were more than I was expecting

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Sometimes travel can be just horrible. I remember a trip to England with a boy I did not love, trying to rekindle the flame, etc.... DID NOT WORK at all! Everything went wrong on that trip, just a total disaster... I was also in love with this English guy. (always.... )

So yes, travel is not always a great thing, it is also tiring and expensive. I am just staying in my room and drinking Guinness, I am SAFE here... Sometimes you just have to stay in and rest and recharge your batteries. If you go out into the world too much, it can be draining and confusing...

+ Reply to Thread