+ Reply to Thread

Thread: John Travolta's kid died....

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default John Travolta's kid died....

I know it's a sad thing, but I found this in one of the articles:

"I was obsessive about his space being cleaned. We constantly had the carpets cleaned," Travolta said in a 2001 interview with CNN's Larry King, a portion of which was rebroadcast on the "Larry King Live" show Friday night. During that interview, when Jett was 9, Travolta spoke of how his son nearly died when he was 2.

On Wiki, it states this about Kawasaki disease:"Some studies have found associations between the occurrence of Kawasaki disease and recent exposure to carpet cleaning.

It must be horrible to have a child die, but could you imagine your OCD tendencies later led to the death of your child. That must be a total mind fuck for Travolta. I know it would be for me.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Default Re: John Travolta's kid died....

At least the carpet is clean.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    At least the carpet is clean.

That's sad
    He seems like a good guy.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

at least that poor child is somewhere other than locked up in travolta's house in tampa where he should have been getting treatment both medical and psychological to deal with his major autism, but was instead trapped in a room with carpet fumes. i really do believe that where ever Jett is now is better than being a reviled prisoner in his own body and his own home.

my prayers are with the poor kid.

~K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    at least that poor child is somewhere other than locked up in travolta's house in tampa where he should have been getting treatment both medical and psychological to deal with his major autism, but was instead trapped in a room with carpet fumes. i really do believe that where ever Jett is now is better than being a reviled prisoner in his own body and his own home.

my prayers are with the poor kid.

~K
    pft...modern medicine and psychology are a joke. The only true science is scientology...you can tell because it has "science" right in the name.

skeleton_harvester's Avatar Junior Member

it's all because of his scientology beliefs.
    scientology doesn't acknowledge autism as a disease, they think it's spiritual weakness!

jonny.illuminati's Avatar hasn't slept for days

those damn body thetans messing things up again... xenu and taxes....

I've got little evil aliens inside me...GET THEM OUT! GET THEM FUCKING OUT! THEY ITCH LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER!

Hey! Has anyone ever read or watched a bio on L Ron Hubbard? I'd really like to know how he came up with this whole theological premise and HOW in modern society, people actually believe it. It boggles my mind. Organized religion is pretty much a joke, but for a dude that lived in the 20th century to one day come up with the whole Scientology thing and then make it a believable...Wow! It always floors me. He's definietly a modern day P.T. Barnum. I guess Tom Cruise is the elected ring leader. So, does anyone know?

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

L Ron just used a whole bunch of occult symbolism that rubes have been falling for for a long time. I've always wondered why the scientologist never noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Hey! Has anyone ever read or watched a bio on L Ron Hubbard? I'd really like to know how he came up with this whole theological premise and HOW in modern society, people actually believe it. It boggles my mind. Organized religion is pretty much a joke, but for a dude that lived in the 20th century to one day come up with the whole Scientology thing and then make it a believable...Wow! It always floors me. He's definietly a modern day P.T. Barnum. I guess Tom Cruise is the elected ring leader. So, does anyone know?

Lloyd Arthur Eshbach was a science fiction writer and publisher between 1929 and 1957. His autobiography, Over My Shoulder: Reflections of the Science Fiction Era (Oswald Train: Publisher, Phila. 1983, limited edition) says on pages 125 and 126 (about the events of 1948 and 1949):
    I think of the time while in New York I took John W. Campbell, Marty Greenberg, and L. Ron Hubbard to lunch. Someone suggested a Swedish smorgasbord, and I had my first — and last — taste of kidney. Yuck! Afterward we wound up in my hotel room for related conversation.

The incident is stamped indelibly in my mind because of one statement that Ron Hubbard made. What led him to say what he did I can't recall — but in so many words Hubbard said:

"I'd like to start a religion. That's where the money is!"

Why is everybody hating on Scientology? I read Diuretics and frankly I was moved.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

people just don't like the ufo religions..................at least they're not getting shut down like the poor raelian's in tel aviv.

It's funny how any scientists that support Scientology and idea of intelligent design are discredited in scientific community. It's like modern wich hunt where "holy" and "science" switched places.

Whole idea of intelligent design is interesting to me. More and more I believe that our evolution had help from outside. But not that one and only supreme intelligent deity made all life.

It feels like all the scientists that wants to explore the idea are systematicaly drawn back. Why?

Here's a very interesting video on the topic. http://donogo.com/snt/1270747113

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    It's funny how any scientists that support Scientology and idea of intelligent design are discredited in scientific community. It's like modern wich hunt where "holy" and "science" switched places.

Whole idea of intelligent design is interesting to me. More and more I believe that our evolution had help from outside. But not that one and only supreme intelligent deity made all life.

It feels like all the scientists that wants to explore the idea are systematicaly drawn back. Why?

scientology is not science... it is science fiction... written by a drug addict megalomaniac who was taking prescription psychiatric drugs (against his own beliefs) when he died... he was also quite often caught in huge lies...

it's because scientologists actually believe that a galactic ruler named xenu used shrinks and tax folks to murder billions of people to reduce the over-population problem of the 76 planet confederation he ruled... actually flew the people to earth in DC-8 space planes with jet engines instead of props and stacked them by a volcano in hawaii (which incidentally didn't exist on the earth 76 billion years ago) and then detonated hydrogen bombs and then trapped all the souls in a special tractor beam and then forced them to watch movies (special 3-D movies in special theaters) to re-educate them... then they all clustered together confused until they latched on (in large groups) to living people infecting them with their new re-educated movie beliefs... for $400,000 you can learn how to get rid of them....

read: http://www.xenu.net and laugh with us...

i'm sad for the Travolta family... (i don't really care what he believes in, it's a free country and my friends and i fought and died to protect that freedom so believe what you want)

loosing a child or loved one is hell no matter what you believe!

Quote Originally Posted by OliX

I don't think there is anything wrong with believing in intelligent design. Those little fellas with the big heads and big black eyes tell me every night that it's all true.

Truth is L Ron has not one fuckin' thing to back up his claims. Hell, all of us on this site are creative to a point. We could all make up a religion based on aliens and say, "Yup. This is how it all went down. Now give me some cash to keep the evil aliens away."

At least with most religions, they all have a common denominator which makes them feel a little bit more realistic. Scientology, though...Come on?

Wait... did I misunderstand something? Idea of intelligent design and Scientology are not same. I was talking mainly about intelligent design and somehow I connected it to Scientology. God knows why.

Anyway, apply everything I said to idea of intelligent design. And watch the documentary

toxicat's Avatar catty member

The Diuretics post was funny. The clean carpet one was not.

Quote Originally Posted by allah
    The main common denominator between major religions is belief in a higher power. Scientology has this.

Also, i'd say that Extraterrestrial life (and UFOs) are way more realistic than any of the 'miracles' posited by Judaism.
    True, but no modern religion requires you give them money for your salvation. The beliefs of scientologist really are no crazier than christians praying to a zombie, the problem with scientology is it tricks people out of their money and convinces them that they don't need doctors or therapists, they just need to give money to the church of scientology and all their problems will be fixed.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Actually, there are sects of all religions that reject medical science. Thus the reason for those televangilists that smack someone upside the head and then they can walk. Then die the next day of complications from whatever illness they had before. There's always been religious healers, just Scientology started with that theory.

No religion is worth any discussion in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread