+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sadam.

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

Default Sadam.

So they are finally hanging him I believe.

I have an errie feeling about this.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Default Re: Sadam.

How knows what happens after this

Most the people I know are just like

"Yay he's dead, woooo hooo"

Most of them ignorant to . . . . yeah . . . .

Who knows what affect this is going to have . . ..

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

hmm. The government using it's power to execute ciitzens in the streets... sounds kinda like the saddam regime.

that's really the bottom line. and if you think the two aren't related than look at the justification of saddams crimes, and we are calling them crimes here, they are war crimes as defined by the geneva convention. But under the Iraqi state law, where the government has the authority to try and execute people, than all the people that were killed by saddam were done legally and fairly because he deteremined that they should die for commiting crimes against the laws that he made.

but if you want to make that case, the actions of the United States which were legal according to our laws, are illegal according to the same laws that saddam is being tried under. So which one is it going to be?

I'm not saying that he didn't deserve it. I'm just saying I don't like the government to have that power because (as in the case of saddam himself) it's demonstrated how it can be so easily abused, and even if he's getting what's coming to him, there are many others who have done the same that got away with it.

Yeah, I think its all fucked up.

But I'm just worried about how people are going to react to Sadams death.
    I dont remember who exactly but I was watching the news and they were saying that some group of people would be very upset if he were to executed.

it's really not going to change anything. the more extreme groups might try and turn it around into anti-US sentiment, but they aren't really going to claim saddam, or at least they shouldn't if they are smart, because no one liked him, so it won't get them support about iraqi's. On the other hand, I don't know, maybe they'll try and blow some shit up and take advantage of the exposure. Apparently Bush himself said that "it won't stop the violence." I said, "No shit, smart guy."

Fyck that POS ,he killed some of his own Family and so called freinds the same way ,
    and what bout the 200,000 + Kurds he Gased .
    Give him the slow Pained filled death ,that he Gave his fellow man i say !!
    Hangins too good for Him!

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

while i find it interesting I don't think I really care... it sounds like crazy shit happens in that part of the world all the time

Quote Originally Posted by LoraLie
    Yeah, I think its all fucked up.

But I'm just worried about how people are going to react to Sadams death.
    I dont remember who exactly but I was watching the news and they were saying that some group of people would be very upset if he were to executed.

Yup, the Sunnits...Since it's "Eid ul-Adha" today - the traditional day for islamic tyrants (or rulers) to release prisoners and show mercy and forgiveness, they believe it's an act of provocation. Like, maybe, reading Danish newspapers, or not being muslim, or listening to the Pope's monologues...

that's kind of bullshit titus. I mean I'm not a fan of islam or militancy, I think it's pretty stupid, but I don't really care for people trying to justify their arguments by slanting the facts to discredit other points of view as seemingly irrational and baseless.

no one in the middle east cares about people reading the paper. they care that that paper is making fun of the thing that is most sacred to them.

likewise the pope said that islam is evil. If a national public figure said that all catholics are assholes, then a lot of people would be pretty offended by that too.

Like I said, I'm not saying that it's right. but if you want to talk about provocation then don't insult islam and then act surprised when islamic people are offended by it.

I'd just like to see some real objective news once in awhile, not a political agenda disguised as facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    that's kind of bullshit titus. I mean I'm not a fan of islam or militancy, I think it's pretty stupid, but I don't really care for people trying to justify their arguments by slanting the facts to discredit other points of view as seemingly irrational and baseless.

no one in the middle east cares about people reading the paper. they care that that paper is making fun of the thing that is most sacred to them.

likewise the pope said that islam is evil. If a national public figure said that all catholics are assholes, then a lot of people would be pretty offended by that too.

Like I said, I'm not saying that it's right. but if you want to talk about provocation then don't insult islam and then act surprised when islamic people are offended by it.

I'd just like to see some real objective news once in awhile, not a political agenda disguised as facts.

@Morning Glory,

I was being polemic - you're familiar with that. As a matter of fact, it was very awkward, to kill Sadam today, because a wave of anger will be the consequence. I agree with you about the paradoxy of justification through the change of governments in this case, but my point was, that no matter how western forces act, it will be interpreted as provocation anyhow, and violence will continue...

Personally, I'm against death penalty - though I can understand it in cases of genocide, mass murder aso., and it's easy for me to be against, cause I never lost sb by a crime.

But actually I'm tired of religious orthodox militants who express their mistreated sacred emotions by blowing up themselves in crowded places or shooting a nun because some clown from the Vatican said the wrong line.

I'm tired of pseudo-tolerant appeasement-bullshit that leads to a new censorship in countries where witch-burning finally belongs to the past, while the freedom of art and the press is supposed to be guarantueed...

Theo VanGogh, the Dutch director, had the importunity, to show phrases of the Koran on nude women (= witches), and ended up stabbed by a fanatic muslim in a country famous for its religious tolerance - plus I can't even see the movie SUBMISSION, cause every cinema in Europe is AFRAID to be attacked by bombers....That's psychological terrorism and censorship

I'm not saying the Danish caricatures are precious peaces of art, like the blasphemies of the surrealists, but if you have a closer look at them, they're by no means an offense for Islam as a religion, they're criticism of religion and belong to the freedom of the press!

so far,
    T.

saw the news, looks like people over in the east don't care too much, can't say I blame them

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Not sure if this would be be proper to post bust for the sake of Historical value and those whom have not seen this yet. Delete this if nesserary.Click Here

yep, everyone loves a hangin'

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Just saw that vid.

exile

ah fuck off sadam

Zoe's Avatar Junior Member

Just saw the video tonight!
    Wow- the fuckers finally DEAD! I wonder what satans got in store for him?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Saddam.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe
    Just saw the video tonight!
    Wow- the fuckers finally DEAD! I wonder what satans got in store for him?

I didn't want to watch it. I watched the beheading of that one guy like a year ago and it was pretty disgusting. I don't need that image in my brain. I'm not a pussy or anything but I just didn't want to see it.

He was a cunt and deserved it, but that court case was a fucking farce. The execution also seemed very amateur (from what I've read).

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I'm open to state sanctioned assasination, but going the kangaroo court route is just kinda too pussy for my taste. It's like passive agressive international meddling. I think that if we send our troops to a country, we take that country. Add another star to the flag, or stay home. I mean, I suppose we could offer some genuinely joint support to some international hot spots in times of need, but if we are invading in any sort of leadership role, we just take it. This pussyfoot catch and release nonsense just costs too much, it hurts our economy, it kills our soldiers, and it doesn't really win us any friends either.

Jebadiah's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    I'm open to state sanctioned assasination, but going the kangaroo court route is just kinda too pussy for my taste. It's like passive agressive international meddling. I think that if we send our troops to a country, we take that country. Add another star to the flag, or stay home. I mean, I suppose we could offer some genuinely joint support to some international hot spots in times of need, but if we are invading in any sort of leadership role, we just take it. This pussyfoot catch and release nonsense just costs too much, it hurts our economy, it kills our soldiers, and it doesn't really win us any friends either.

Very well put, very concise, I started writing the same, but went off on to many tangents, and finally said screw it. But this sums it up for me very nicely.

Roxy Contin's Avatar Member

all those huge articles about him after his capture were just depressing, this was the guy who was a huge threat to America? I don't feel threatened by him. The bush administration is bullshit and it makes me ashamed of this country. Impeach that fucker G.W.!

If Islamic fundamentalists want to be a part of the modern world, then they have to realize that no idea is above criticism. They cannot react with violence when someone prints or says something that they find offensive.

If someone said all Catholics are assholes, wouldn't the Christian thing be (supposedly) to forgive them and set a good example through one's behavior? I'd be surprised if the Pope, or random Cardinals, started calling for the person drawing anti-Catholic cartoons to be killed.

...and we all know that the Catholics are one of the more extreme Christian groups. I mean, hello...no birth control? What?

The brutal reactions advocated by many Muslims are a direct validation of those criticisms that people dare to make.

Quote Originally Posted by inox
    If Islamic fundamentalists want to be a part of the modern world, then they have to realize that no idea is above criticism. They cannot react with violence when someone prints or says something that they find offensive.
    Yeah, when will they learn that this is not how the rest of the world acts?

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    Yeah, when will they learn that this is not how the rest of the world acts?
    Yeah, we have our nutters here too, to be sure. At least they are in far lesser numbers.

Of course, Islam is a lot like Christianity was back around the Inquisition days. Give them a few hundred years and maybe they'll produce fewer nutters as well.

yeah, i'm not saying that it's ok. but it just seems pretty pointlessly antogonistic to go out of your way to offend someone, especially when you know that it will provoke a violent baskclash, just to prove it.

also are you forgetting that the catholic church sanctioned and carried out torture of millions of non-christians, women, and thier general sense of involvement and at the least "do-nothing" approach to slavery, imperialism and the holocaust. they've been historical assholes much longer and more severe than islam.

Ok. I'm jsut going to come right out and say it. Yeah. there are some groups in the middle-east that are general assholes and want to dictate everyone else, but it's to the same degree that these extremist groups exist every else, even in the good ol' USA. For the most part most of the people that oppose "us" are acting out against western terrorism and fighting to keep from having thier land and thier resources stolen. which I don't really think is that bad.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Unfortunately, the Iraqi Government were forced to hang him, otherwise his followers would have tried to break him out. The USA didn't try him, it was the Iraqis, the USA wanted to extradite Saddam, but the Iraqi laws say that if someone is sentenced to hang, they must be hung within a certain period. Yes, the Allied forces brought him to justice, but he had to be tried by his own countrymen for earlier crimes.

whenever I think about whether or not "we" have the right to do something, I just turn the arguement around. would you want every country in the world to be able to come here and do what they want and not be held accountable? maybe that might be a good thing in terms of democracy.. but maybe if it's just one or two of them that really suck, then it might not be such a great thing.

I kinda get the feeling that the US was the one that was pushing for his short term execution, and using the Iraqi gov's abilty to get that done as the means for achieving the end that they couldn't on thier own terms, and then getting the good PR points by appearing "hand's off."

maybe I'm just cynical. maybe this is a good step in iraqi government taking charge. But I can't help but think that, just like anyone who begins a statement with the words "In all honesty" is usually lying, the people who are in charge are almost always the one's least qualified for the job.

in other words, at the end of the day it's just business as usual.

also are you forgetting that the catholic church sanctioned and carried out torture of millions of non-christians, women, and thier general sense of involvement and at the least "do-nothing" approach to slavery, imperialism and the holocaust. they've been historical assholes much longer and more severe than islam.
    Actually, not rly. There were the Muslim conquests, generally via Jihad, with the same forced conversion idiocy we all hate. Even today, where Shari'ah prevails, there are stonings for adultery. Recently, there was an interesting story about a man in Afghanistan wanting to change his religion...and the vast number of death threats he was receiving. Those societies do not come with a lot of the options we take for granted.

...and, you know, while Catholics may have had a do-nothing approach to certain ills and to the Holocaust, Islam certainly has fared no better in any of those regards.

The Pope says not to use birth control, and it's a dumb statement that Catholics can listen to or not. However, if you're a Muslim in a Shari'ah zone, and you have sex with your girlfriend, your local authorities might lash you with a whip a whole bunch. Perhaps 100 times.

Night and day.

Here's one for ya that I found with minimal searching after my last post.

His death could be the greatest boon propaganda wise for winning the war. I just hope they show it uncensored to the Iraqi people.

Did ya hear the justification goin round? The women of Afghanistan are oppressed, so the bombs gotta come rainin down. It's really nice to know we'll use our military to back feminism, but it's so hard to believe cuz we didn't seem to care until they hit the world center of business and militarism.

Pretty sure its because the Taliban was there.

ahh Afghanistan.
    Where my anthony is at -.-
    sadly.

+ Reply to Thread