+ Reply to Thread

Thread: exploding casket syndrome

Thistle Harlequin's Avatar Oldschool Member

Default exploding casket syndrome

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: exploding casket syndrome

yeah it's only hot until you find out what it smells like.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Most modern American burials will saponify instead of fully decompose, as the use of sealed caskets (rare in other contintents) reduces oxygen levels. Being 'a little fond of the supersize option' helps too. Our country is built on millions of fat-ass soap mummies!

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    Most modern American burials will saponify instead of fully decompose, as the use of sealed caskets (rare in other contintents) reduces oxygen levels. Being 'a little fond of the supersize option' helps too. Our country is built on millions of fat-ass soap mummies!
    Hey have u heard of the theory that corpses stay preserved longer due to the preservatives in the food most eat? I've read this but tender to wonder if it could be ethically proved/disproved.

OEC

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

that is the nastiest thing i ever read :S ugh haha...

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedCat
    Hey have u heard of the theory that corpses stay preserved longer due to the preservatives in the food most eat?
    heard it, but it's BS. Decomposition usually starts internally due to the gut bacteria fermenting their way out (no throughput anymore leads to a little gas.. eventually a burst and wahey we're off and digesting ourselves) but everyone has the same level of digestive bacteria. Preservatives from food are present in your tissues but at way too low a level to influence decomp. Modern mortuary prep can gain a day or two by chilling the body and if you've been autopsied you last a little longer as your stomach contents will be in a jar instead of in you, but you have to embalm if you want to look cute when they dig your ass back up.

oh, and mmmcherry - it's not nasty at all. Nasty is picking bits of flesh from your mouthpiece when you and a buddy scuba-dived too close to a bridge popular with the suicidal. Strange that we couldn't taste it at the time. Smelt fun in the parking lot though.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

okay its not safe for me to read this thread anymore hehe... i might puke... uuuugh....

Weblogger
    Born in London, bred in Yorkshire, laid in Dublin.

Surprising how long it takes something to decompose. York Minster in England was built on a foundation of animal skins, which wewre only discovered a couple of decades ago, many hundreds of years after they were laid to rest ...

I wish someone would explode this mummified twit. They still haven't buried Lenin after 83 years!

OEC

He's not dead - he's just trying to beat David Blaine.

I've always suspected he wakes up to play "Ming The Merciless" on occasion

shiki's Avatar nappy headed ho

part of me wants to not be embalmed. bury me right away. hopefully in my own backyard. (i want to have a family cemetery and hopefully i'll live long enough to buy land that will stay in the family and get the proper permits)...but part of me feels like i should allow people the time to make it to my funeral and therefore be embalmed. Its so unnatural tho. I'd rather rot and rejoin the earth in my proper time.

Quote Originally Posted by shiki
    part of me wants to not be embalmed. bury me right away. hopefully in my own backyard. (i want to have a family cemetery and hopefully i'll live long enough to buy land that will stay in the family and get the proper permits)...but part of me feels like i should allow people the time to make it to my funeral and therefore be embalmed. Its so unnatural tho. I'd rather rot and rejoin the earth in my proper time.
    I already have a plot next to my Grandpa. We used to dig dirt together, may as well become it together

OEC

PS. I skeeved a "Christian Goth" chick out by showing her a pic of me kneeling in front of my own grave. I don't understand why, but alas. I read from the (Un)Orthodox interpretation of Philokalia.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Yow

Oil~Boy 26's Avatar rebuilding in pain

Great job!!!!! Go Lenin go !!!!!!!

OB~26

+ Reply to Thread