+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Survival horror " video games?

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default "Survival horror " video games?

so is anyone else a big fan of this genre like i am? Ive played alot of these types of games ever since i first played Resident Evi.l and i find alot of these games way scarier than any horror film ive been to in years. So if you are a fan, which one is your favorite game? im a big fan of the silent hill series

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Default Re: "Survival horror " video games?

i liked blue stinger for sega dreamcast it was really cool but the VOs sucked major ass but it had creepy ass backround music

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

There was a weird old game called Ecstatica or something that was kinda creepy, for it's time anyway, and I kinda enjoyed that. For a lot of the new ones, well, it's too dark. I can't see a thing. I'm just like, uhm, turn the lights on or something, hahaha. But seriously, yeah, some of the new ones look awesome as far as being creepy immersive adventures.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I love the genre and like you ever since I played Resident Evil...while it was not the first (Alone in the Dark launched the genre) it was really throat grabbing. It remains my favourite and the GC remake is amazing. While they don't really scare me they do make me feel I am in the game and I adore that.

My favorite would have to be Resident Evil 1, Silent Hill 1, and Eternal Darkness. Eternal Darkness is by far the best of the modern survival horror games...it really advanced the genre in terms of atmosphere, control, and story.

eternal darkness kicks ass and i love the way it fucks with your brain as your playing it

Forestghost's Avatar Knowlege is power!

Totally Silent Hill all the way! (having said that, I have still been unable to rent Silent Hill 4....stupid video store only has one copy, and it's always gone on my days off!!!) *pout*

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Quote Originally Posted by ForrestBlack
    There was a weird old game called Ecstatica or something that was kinda creepy, for it's time anyway, and I kinda enjoyed that. For a lot of the new ones, well, it's too dark. I can't see a thing. I'm just like, uhm, turn the lights on or something, hahaha. But seriously, yeah, some of the new ones look awesome as far as being creepy immersive adventures.
    Ecstatica was that dark fantasy style game where everything was made out of ellipsoides, right? The first part was really awesome, never actually played the second one, tho..

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

I haven't played Silent Hill. And people look down on me for that. I have played Dino Crisis, and it's, by far, my favorite survival/horror game yet. I'm more worried if a velociraptor chases me down the hall than a sluggish zombie... or two... or a whole town of them.
    And the T-Rex could kick -or eat!- the Nemesis's rotten ass.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

never playes silent hill, Iwas watching avideo game review show and there was this murder mystery survival game and it was japanese I think it was for PS2 and it look amazing, the japanes games form japan in this genre seem to be far out and I reallywant to play one...just don't havea video game system 'cept my computer

Ouroboros's Avatar Senior Member

Sigh. I want a PS2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouroboros
    Sigh. I want a PS2.
    why dont you get one? all the cool kids have one you wana be cool dont you?
    harr i kid. but seriously you should save up some dough and get silent hill 4 the room and a ps2 or x box its on both systems its a damn good game

Macabre_Dreams's Avatar Morbid Freak

I never have time to play games anymore.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

Quote Originally Posted by KilLAtomiK
    why dont you get one? all the cool kids have one you wana be cool dont you?
    harr i kid. but seriously you should save up some dough and get silent hill 4 the room and a ps2 or x box its on both systems its a damn good game
    Get an XBox. Not that I'd think it's a good system, but Fable is going to be released this month, so yeah, XBox.

i got the x box and fable i blow about half my paycheck on videogames

what was that one game where you were a Vampire cult and broke in and killed and Ra**d the girls and took their blood...It was banned very shortly after being released...Night stalker or something like that...

My friend bought that the first day it hit..I played it it kicked ass but was kinda dull in parts...never did see what all the fuss was about...

Alone In The Dark on the PS1 was very good....like a thinking man's Resident Evil, but still with guns and zombies!

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by Hypnotic Vampire
    Alone In The Dark on the PS1 was very good....like a thinking man's Resident Evil, but still with guns and zombies!
    I was pretty dissapointed by it...it kinda fell short of the expected goal and never seemed to go beyond what was already done with the genre...though oddly enough a movie is set to come out soon based on the series.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    what was that one game where you were a Vampire cult and broke in and killed and Ra**d the girls and took their blood...It was banned very shortly after being released...Night stalker or something like that...

My friend bought that the first day it hit..I played it it kicked ass but was kinda dull in parts...never did see what all the fuss was about...
    I think it's the only game in history where gamers were happy it was "banned"...god it was awful. The funny thing is the game was out for quite a long time before it hit the controverial vibe with the mainstream press...it only sold well AFTER they deamed it controversial...it was always seen as pretty mediocre and given it was on the Sega CD few owned or played it...thank god.

23*'s Avatar Stranger than fiction
    Ireland With the Leprechauns and the little people.

resident evil 4 looks so cool. i have to wait until march until it comes out for cube here though....sigh

+ Reply to Thread