+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jaycee

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Default Jaycee

Yet another case that makes you wonder where society went wrong, but this time it's in California rather than Austria.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=8426124

I'm sure the media will be plastered in this for weeks to come, and the trial is going to make satellite truck rental agencies squeak with joy, but I can't quite work out how someone on supervised parole could get away with this. Nobody ever thought maybe it'd be pertinent to drop round said ex-rapist's house and check what's under the tarp?

Default Re: Jaycee

I don't think 'pertinence' justifies a lifetime of house searches for ex-convicts. Hearing this story may make it seem like a single search could have done a lot of good at the cost only of the privacy of someone who obviously deserved it, but in practice a policy like that comes with a million downsides.

Anyway, kinda typical case. Doesn't seem like a very imaginative guy, as spotlighted criminals go.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Given there was a 911 call in November 2006 from a neighbor reporting children being kept in the tents, and the responding deputy never bothered to ask permission to go beyond the front lawn, I don't think the idea of privacy should figure. If dispatch tells you there's a sex offender keeping kids locked up in his yard, and you take his word for it from 30 feet away, you're not worthy to carry a badge.

According to the press conference going out now, the cop did remember to tell him it was a zoning violation to make someone live in a tent. Protect and serve...

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

just put a bullet in his head and be done with it

+ Reply to Thread