+ Reply to Thread

Thread: IndsutrailNation # 20 is out YAY

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Default IndsutrailNation # 20 is out YAY

hey folks IndustrialNation # 20 is out...I dunno I like this mag case at leeast it gives me a faint hint of what is up...... but on thier site Iguess they have the Minsitry tour and there doesn't seem to be any listing for Ontario but there are a few out west......grrr same thing happened with the pixies I new moveing back east was a dumb idea...grrrrrr okay so i am a lil anst ridden and my piss and vinegar levels are high....

Default Re: IndsutrailNation # 20 is out YAY

and I can't type when this happens....sorry to the analy retentive....NOT!

IN is cool, but they have some really cocky, stuck-up interviewers who think they know-it-all when in reality they probably have never touched a keyboard or piece of equipment in their lives.

On the other hand, IN has some really intelligent writers too.

Just my opinion...

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

They have owed me a four digit sum for years. They used to collect credit cards for Blue Blood products and then, instead of just keeping a percentage as agreed, they stole all of the money. Because they were past due when they ordered copies of Blue Blood in print from me, I told them I could only ship COD. I was pretty much homeless at the time, I was so broke, yet I scraped together the money to ship magazines to them. And they paid the COD with a bad check and closed the account. I even told them that I would be understanding if they just didn't have the money and they could just make it up to me with some punk rock barter advertising. Here they are still coming out years later with my money. It would have been practically free for them to do SOMETHING for me. But they apparently would rather just leave me ripped off. Recently I saw that they actually still had a few copies of Blue Blood and were selling them on an auction site. They are the worst kind of parasite -- one they leeches off its own scene.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

That sucks Amelia...true parasites indeed. A shame they aren't "dead" yet.

eeep I feel so bad now!!! MEA CULPA MEA CULPA!!!!! I have had that happen myself.....therefore I will not pic it up any more I feel so bad I am so sorry Amelia, I feel trashy now....sorry oh man I feel bad...sorry

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    eeep I feel so bad now!!! MEA CULPA MEA CULPA!!!!! I have had that happen myself.....therefore I will not pic it up any more I feel so bad I am so sorry Amelia, I feel trashy now....sorry oh man I feel bad...sorry
    Don't feel bad. You couldn't have known. It just really sucks that so few goth-industrial punk publications come out and then so many of the publishers of those few turn out to be unethical scum with hidden agendas and a long trail of people they screwed behind them. If this were not the case, I strongly suspect that I would still be a print publisher. Blue Blood will probably do some more print things in the future, but I love the medium and would work in it a lot more if it had not been such a study in me getting ripped off by the people who should have been the biggest and best support.

it happens alot i remeber when i did my zine I did pictures for the Swingin Utters way back when and the were good picks I took a friend along and she decided to get the pics developed.....I never saw her or the pics again and it ruined a very good anc respectable aqauintanceship with some darn nice people who respected me and I them. or the time leant out my black chuck t's for some indie movie....never saw them again... I guess were old school it's all us dorks and outcast uniting so we don't feel alone and have acomon positive goal ok I know that's soooo 80's punk adn Minor Threatish...but that's what solidfied what it meant to me and many others.....it's sad when theres a scam.....Just you guys are super nice I don't want to offend....unless I decide not to wear deoderant......thankyou for you forwardness and sincerity it's rare to see....knew I made a smart choice joining this board....

Quote Originally Posted by CPRB
    I guess were old school it's all us dorks and outcast uniting so we don't feel alone and have acomon positive goal ok I know that's soooo 80's punk adn Minor Threatish...but that's what solidfied what it meant to me and many others.....it's sad when theres a scam.....Just you guys are super nice I don't want to offend....unless I decide not to wear deoderant......thankyou for you forwardness and sincerity it's rare to see....knew I made a smart choice joining this board....
    Thank you so much for writing this. This is exactly why I felt the need for a community like this online. A lot of who I am as a creative person totally came out of the DC punk scene. I know there have to be other people out there with mindsets like mine. But, online, with the world outside becoming more fragmented, it seems harder and harder to feel some of the sense of belonging and importance I used to about my community. I want to recreate the good things about my IRL community in pixels and heart.

your very welcome and you are right about the fragementation....but if there's a few there's gotta be more

+ Reply to Thread