+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stories and stuff you like?

Default Stories and stuff you like?

Well, Killatomik has his Pirates.

So, Here is what I like:

"Give me a hundred Space Marines.
    Or failing that, give me a thousand other troops."
    Attributed to Rogal Dorn, Primarch of the Imperial Fists

The Imperial Fists are one of the most respected Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes. Not only is their loyalty to the Emperor acknowledged as absolute, but their standing with the institutions of the Imperium is unparalleled. Their reputation with the enemies of the Imperium is a greater source of satisfaction to them though.

They have gained battle honours against eight major alien races, been instrumental in holding the Imperium together through the darkest of times, and have the honour of being one of the Chapters to have defended the Imperial Palace in the greatest battle of the Horus Heresy.

"Primarch – Progenitor, to your glory and
    the glory of Him on Earth."
    Battlecry of the Imperial Fists, first pronounced by the Chaplains and
    then repeated by the Battle Brothers before going into action

Alongside the Ultramarines, the Imperial Fists have become the epitome of Codex doctrine. All ranks are able to make tactical decisions and are encouraged to act on initiative. The Imperial Fists combine all arms in flexible balanced battle groups, each of which can present an opponent with a diversity of threats, then press their attack so swiftly that the foe is overwhelmed before he can react. They retain their traditional skills in urban and siege warfare, although they are quite willing to engage and defeat the enemy in open battle. They will use fortifications on the defensive, but only after all more aggressive options have been exhausted. Their only weakness is perhaps a reluctance to accept the possibility of defeat that sometimes blinds them to risk.

"Pain is the wine of communion with heroes."
    Teachings of Rhetoricus

"Do we bemoan such losses? No! We are the Fists! We do not need to hibernate or spit venom. We crush our enemies."
    Teachings of Rhetoricus

Chapter Master Vladimir Pugh

Whilst not a particularly inspirational leader, Vladimir Pugh is as meticulous a planner as any Chapter Master in the Imperial Fists' history. In addition he excels in knowing who to promote and who to trust with critical missions - an appraising glance from Master Pugh can be bettered only by extensive probing from a Librarian. As a result when battle begins, Pugh can concentrate on commanding his Veteran reserve with absolute faith that his subordinates will not fail the Chapter.

Chaplain Lo Chang
    The moon-faced Chaplain is marked by crater-like wounds incurred when his helmet failed him. The craters feature the duelling scars common to the Imperial Fists. When Lo Chang preaches, he is swept up in devout ecstasy wherein his passion can inspire any Imperial Fists Space Marine to strive to be a true child of Dorn.

Librarian Franz Grenstein
    Dusky-skinned, Grenstein’s cheeks are criss-crossed with duelling scars. He is intense and preoccupied, taking his responsibilities to keep the Imperial Fists safe from psychic or daemonic enemies very seriously. On the rare occasions an Imperial Fists Space Marine is in contact with enemies bearing the taint of Chaos, it is Grenstein who will be assigned to help them regain their mental stability and ensure they have not brought the taint with them.

Default Re: Stories and stuff you like?

And Here Is My Other Favorite Chapter:

Since the Imperium came into being, the Space Wolves have fought tooth and nail for the cause of the Emperor. Among the most famous of the Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes, their name and actions are known from one side of the galaxy to the other.

As headstrong as they are fierce, the Space Wolves are experts at close-quarter fighting, and their warriors compete keenly for glory on the battlefield. The Space Wolves live to fight, and death holds no fear for them.

"Follow me Sons of Russ, this night
    our enemies shall feel the fangs of the Wolf!"
    Logan Grimnar, Assault on Fort Damnation

COMBAT DOCTRINE
    The forces of the Space Wolves have a very different approach to martial strategy from their brother Space Marines. There are several distinct types of squad, or pack, in each Great Company, and each fulfils a different role in battle. As a Space Wolf progresses through his life, he may rise through the ranks until he is old and his fangs are long. If his bravery and might are without question, he will be asked to join the Wolf Guard, or even become a Wolf Lord himself.

"The Blood Claws of the Space Wolves endanger not only themselves but the lives of their comrades in arms. If they are so eager to die, and they will not heed the words of their superiors, then let them rush headlong into the jaws of the lion. We can only hope some of them get caught in its throat."

"Bran Redmow, bloody-handed warrior,
    He piles the skulls of his enemies,
    He builds a mound of the fallen,
    His foes weep rivers of blood."
    Saga of Bran Redmow

"His word was the roar of thunder,
    His glance was the look of the eagle,
    His might was the strength of the kraken,
    His temper was the death of men."
    Saga of Wolf Priest Voltar the Bloody

Vempyrik's Avatar (Advocatus diaboli)

i like anne rice books espically the "Vampire Chronicles" and Edgar Allan Poe

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

besides pirates i like zombies, witches, and vampires because monsters are people to

Here is My Other Favorite Chapter:

Thousand Sons

The Thousand Sons were born of Magnus, the changeling Primarch. A physical giant possessed of coppery skin, fiery red hair and a single, baleful eye. Some say his massive size reflected his enormous intellect; his cyclopean eye his single-minded strength of purpose. At the height of the Great Crusade, Magnus was amongst the most imposing of the Primarchs and was always the one most suspected of taint. He would endure the whispers of Chaos throughout his life…

The progeny of Magnus the Red, the mystic Primarch who led his legion of sorcerers against the Emperor during the Horus Heresy, are the Thousand Sons. To lead an army of them on the tabletop is to field an implacable force able to soak up an enormous amount of enemy firepower, whilst dealing out vast torrents of their own, either through the use of their magic or traditional Space Marine wargear.

"All is Dust!"
    Battlecry of the Thousand Sons

COMBAT DOCTRINE
    The Thousand Sons were well known for preferring to avoid close combat, instead relying upon their mastery of psychic power and sorcery to carry the day. Guile, feint, confusion and misdirection were their hallmarks; all stratagems better used at range. Many were the occasions a Thousand Sons detachment would accomplish through illusion or trickery what a brother Legion would pay for dearly in blood. Whatever else it may have changed, the Rubric of Ahriman affected that doctrine very little. The sorcerer lords of the Thousand Sons still use their ghost-brethren as implacable bulwarks of gunfire, around which they construct elaborate plans of guile and misdirection to achieve victory, all driven home with a timely application of potent magic.

AHRIMAN,
    CHIEF LIBRARIAN OF THE THOUSAND SONS

The transmuting spell which rendered the Thousand Sons a Legion of closed armoured automata was the construct of the Legion's greatest sorcerer after Magnus himself: its Chief Librarian, Ahriman. Before the events of the Heresy, Ahriman had shared his Primarch's obsession with arcane mysteries, and had come to be keeper of the now mythical 'Book of Magnus', a tome of incalculable sorcerous power.

It may have been knowledge gleaned from that very tome with which Ahriman conjured his now infamous master spell. The result of his Rubric, while imperfect, is said to have satisfied Ahriman in its consequence. A veteran Thousand Son from before the coming of Magnus, Ahriman's revulsion at the corruption of the Legion was so great that even the terrible price of reversing it was not too high.

Magnus was not of like mind, however. So great was his wrath when the cabal was discovered that the Primarch threatened to obliterate them utterly, but the very patron who had worked the mutations upon them in the first place was said to have intervened. Who can say what the most enigmatic and capricious of entities intended? In any event, the Daemon Prince stayed his hand, instead banishing Ahriman from the Planet of Sorcerers and condemning him to wander the Eye of Terror and beyond in a hopeless quest to understand the Chaos god Tzeentch. For his part, Ahriman refuses to acknowledge Chaos as his master. Across the ensuing millennia he has become a scourge, raiding ancient museums, librarium, scholaria and reclusia, places of learning, religion and contemplative thought. He seeks to acquire artefacts, data, or even persons he believes can lead him to mastery over the way of the sorcerer. He fosters cults on dozens of worlds at a time, providing cult magi with sorcerous power until such time as they have acquired some antiquarian trinket or satisfied another of Ahriman demands before turning the wrath of his warband upon them. It is rumoured that Ahriman has of late turned his relentless predation upon the Eldar, determined in his belief that the lost knowledge he seeks can be found in that darkest of halls of enlightenment, the vast repository of arcana referred to in whispers as the Black Library.

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

sapcemarines are cool I use to have time to paint them, but my favourite thing..and kill is going to go nuts..I love reading Patrick O'Brien novels....he's the guy who wrote master and commander....yeas I like britsh napoleanic history

Nudemuse's Avatar Queen of all Fatassia.

I'll read pretty much anything I can get my grubby little hands on. Most recently I've read 'Crash' by J.G Ballard, 'Four Past Midnight' by Stephen King a Camus novel and I'm just now getting to a poetry book by Pat Califa and next........I'm torn between Serpico and rereading 'On Writing' by Stephen King. But knowing me I'll just read both.

MidniteCliche's Avatar Senior Member

I always liked the legend of sleepy hollow (not the johnny depp movie!)

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by MidniteCliche
    I always liked the legend of sleepy hollow (not the johnny depp movie!)

Yeah the story always hit a cord with me as a kid...and still does as an adult. It just has that fun way of making you feel scared and enthralled at the same time.

Mother Superior

Anything by Hans Holzer I love, I have a lot of his rare books. He specializes in the paranormal, ghosts & poltergeists, that type of thing. I like Jacob & Wilhelm Grimm's fairy tales as well.

I like Neil Gaiman's books; a month ago I read Coraline, which is apparently a children's novel. it was scary! There's this other mother with black button eyes who kidnas her real parents and puts them in a mirror and.... *shudders*

But American Gods is really good, I'd recommend that to anyone even vaguely interested in mythology. As well as Good Omens. Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the end of the world, the antichrist and a lot of Queen references. Great for any age, any day.

Quote Originally Posted by franziska
    I like Neil Gaiman's books; a month ago I read Coraline, which is apparently a children's novel. it was scary! There's this other mother with black button eyes who kidnas her real parents and puts them in a mirror and.... *shudders*

But American Gods is really good, I'd recommend that to anyone even vaguely interested in mythology. As well as Good Omens. Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the end of the world, the antichrist and a lot of Queen references. Great for any age, any day.
    Disk Worl is Awesome!

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Neil Gaiman, Love both those books you mentioned Franziska, Robert Asperin, Jean Kalgrodis, And the Book, "The Sins of Rachel Ellis". Peirs Anthony, Asimov, and Mercedes Lackey. McCaffery, King, Koontz, oh goodheavens! I think I've read them all, and Lillian Braun.
    K

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by franziska
    As well as Good Omens. Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the end of the world, the antichrist and a lot of Queen references. Great for any age, any day.
    That book is a classic...utterly hilarious in every way.

+ Reply to Thread