+ Reply to Thread

Thread: the forum is back!?!?! :)

drewblood's Avatar Senior Member

Default the forum is back!?!?! :)

or did it never leave?

or was i just not able to find it or the last 3 years? so confused.

oh my... oh my... this is exciting indeed.

and yes my excitement warrants a new thread

(((forrest and amelia)))

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Re: the forum is back!?!?! :)

You are not crazy (well, not for this observation). We locked down the forum for a while, but then missed everyone and made it live again. In a perfect world, with ISPs which block what they should and not what they shouldn't, you would have received an email when it came back online to the email address you are registered with.

Welcome back

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

welcome back indeed

i blame last's excitement on finishing the bottle o rum.

yay hangover thursdays!

hmm.

oh ya... some decent punk shows coming up this month at the lit lounge for you nyc peoples who like muzak.

like.... the Gay 90's... http://thegaynineties.bandcamp.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G View Post
    You are not crazy (well, not for this observation). We locked down the forum for a while, but then missed everyone and made it live again. In a perfect world, with ISPs which block what they should and not what they shouldn't, you would have received an email when it came back online to the email address you are registered with.

Welcome back

and thanks!

It's nice to see that Blueblood is one entity that never forgets to send me a happy birthday email every year!

The forum seems about it's usual pace from what I remember haha. I wonder why that is?

Certainly not overly-moderated.... I don't remember anything outside the occasional gentle attempts by Forrest to steer some threads towards something pertaining to a cool / positive part of the scene.

Sometimes folks here seemed (to me) hesitant to share too much of themselves or are overly-concerned with appearing legit or appropriate for the context of BB. Maybe that's just because it's such an image-conscious scene? meh, I'm a big fuckin dork. who cares!?

I think message boards are just being killed off by social networking and it sucks. I'll take the anonymity of being myself on message boards over the online shrine to thyself that FB has become. We've devolved since Prodigy BBS imho. Yahoo AOL Chat are long dead. Omegle was fun for awhile before it turned into a gallery-o-penis-cams.

If I wanted to talk to people I knew, I'd interact with my coworkers all day.

Can we hire some extras or something just so I don't have to see my name as the last poster on the first 8 threads?

Sierras's Avatar Pervert extraordinaire
    I've moved so many times I'm not so sure anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by drewblood View Post
    and thanks!

It's nice to see that Blueblood is one entity that never forgets to send me a happy birthday email every year!

The forum seems about it's usual pace from what I remember haha. I wonder why that is?

Certainly not overly-moderated.... I don't remember anything outside the occasional gentle attempts by Forrest to steer some threads towards something pertaining to a cool / positive part of the scene.

Sometimes folks here seemed (to me) hesitant to share too much of themselves or are overly-concerned with appearing legit or appropriate for the context of BB. Maybe that's just because it's such an image-conscious scene? meh, I'm a big fuckin dork. who cares!?

I think message boards are just being killed off by social networking and it sucks. I'll take the anonymity of being myself on message boards over the online shrine to thyself that FB has become. We've devolved since Prodigy BBS imho. Yahoo AOL Chat are long dead. Omegle was fun for awhile before it turned into a gallery-o-penis-cams.

If I wanted to talk to people I knew, I'd interact with my coworkers all day.

Can we hire some extras or something just so I don't have to see my name as the last poster on the first 8 threads?
    I've only recently been active in the forums, but I haven't noticed any harsh modding or steering of
    conversations, and everyone has been genuine and interesting to talk to. So maybe it has changed since you've been here,
    in a positive way.

thank you.

actually, the point I made, was that there is no harsh modding or steering of conversations.

yes, well. I suppose I'll come back in 3 years.

ttfn.

Sierras's Avatar Pervert extraordinaire
    I've moved so many times I'm not so sure anymore.

I was mainly responding to "Sometimes folks here seemed (to me) hesitant to share too much of themselves or are overly-concerned with appearing legit or appropriate for the context of BB. Maybe that's just because it's such an image-conscious scene? meh, I'm a big fuckin dork. who cares!?"

And then agreeing with you that there isn't any harsh modding. My English skills were just a little fucked.

+ Reply to Thread