+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It's official: one of the Harry Potter characters was queer (spoiler alert)

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default It's official: one of the Harry Potter characters was queer (spoiler alert)

http://apnews.excite.com/article/200...D8SCOD600.html

Dumbledore.

NOTE: Note I said "queer" as in "queer as folk" and "queer nation"

not "A queer" as in "He's a fucking queer".

bohoki's Avatar kitty flinger

Default Re: It's official: one of the Harry Potter characters was queer (spoiler alert)

i totally thought there was something between mcgonagal and prof hooch

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: It's official: one of the Harry Potter characters was queer (spoiler alert)

read it in my sunday paper, I just wonder why anyone cares

GnArKiLL's Avatar Senior Member

someones gay in fairyland, big surprise.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

i think she personally just pulled the response out of her ass in a knee jerk kind of way to bounce aroud the question she was asked and when she saw the audinces response, she ran with it. i've never read the books anyway and am srprised of how many adults have gotten hooked on them being as they are intended for children/teenagers. wonder how well her new books are gonna do now that she derailed her gravy train

evilstonermonkey's Avatar Please don't run away...
    New Kiwiland, subtle rulers of all the world.

oh noes, now the religious peeples are gonna be not likingz the pottah.

whatever. why would she have bothered planning out the sexual background of a character in a childrens book, especially when it is never relevant or even mentioned? the series is finished, everyone interested has read it, the potter phenomenon is (thankfully) over so shes throwing a few little bits of meat out there to keep the dogs talking about her.
    "oh shit, im not in the news any more... DUMBLEDORE'S GAY! OH YEAH, HE LOVES THE COCK!!! give me moneys."

Oh, well. Some religious types already don' like the Pottah.

Fine and dandy for them, just so long as they don't ask me to share their prejudices or their dis-likes of the Pottah or anything else.

I have my own, and am content to stick to 'em, thanks all the same.

Yes, but the really interesting stuff is all in the fan fiction about Snape and Hermione. Spank me harder, professor daddy.

i always preferred the ones between hoggle and the were-dog guy, heh. the beastmaster and the beastman. could get hairy.

bah, hagrid and sirius. as you can see, im a fan of the series, and watch it regularly on the colour television broadcast.

sorry to any labrynth fans who were insulted by my previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by evilstonermonkey
    bah, hagrid and sirius. as you can see, im a fan of the series, and watch it regularly on the colour television broadcast.

sorry to any labrynth fans who were insulted by my previous post.
    i'm not offended i still wanna see how many licks it takes to get to ge to the center of jareth's tootsie cock. lol. david bowie in tight lavender pants....mmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    i'm not offended i still wanna see how many licks it takes to get to ge to the center of jareth's tootsie cock. lol. david bowie in tight lavender pants....mmmmmm
    Just hope you're not like Mr. Owl in that commercial of so long ago, or worse yet, Mr. Turtle, who could never get to the centre of a Tootsie Pop without biting.

That would HURT!!!!

whatever. why would she have bothered planning out the sexual background of a character in a childrens book, especially when it is never relevant or even mentioned?
    I'm not sure if you've ever written any long-ass stories, but you really think about your characters. A question came up that would be relevant to what she had created in her mind, so she said it. That's that.

Goddamn, I don't even like Harry Potter. Now I feel dirty.

actualy i have written a long-ass story, its just that my characters have a tendency to be dead by the end of the chapter they're introduced in

actualy i have written a long-ass story, its just that my characters have a tendency to be dead by the end of the chapter they're introduced in

Always wanted to write a Dashiel Hammett- or Raymond Chandler-style mystery in which the novel's or story's protagonist, a hard-boiled private eye of the old school, would say the following line of dialogue as the opening sentence of the work; "Woke up dead one morning, and found that I didn't mind it."

Me and my friends have taken to calling eachother dumbledores now.

"Man..you're such a dumbledore"

"Got a couple of dumbledores in here"

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    Me and my friends have taken to calling eachother dumbledores now.

"Man..you're such a dumbledore"

"Got a couple of dumbledores in here"
    That would make you a dumbleDORK

BookOfFaeye's Avatar Book Of Faeye

Quote Originally Posted by malcolm
    i think she personally just pulled the response out of her ass in a knee jerk kind of way to bounce aroud the question she was asked and when she saw the audinces response, she ran with it. i've never read the books anyway and am srprised of how many adults have gotten hooked on them being as they are intended for children/teenagers. wonder how well her new books are gonna do now that she derailed her gravy train
    I've seen website message boards where they threaten to ban customers who paid to access it in the first place for spoiling the Harry Potter plots whether it was on their message board or not. I kid you not. Ban from a TOTALLY unrelated website for messing up the plot to a childrens book. Sheer genious. I cried I laughed so hard. The kicker, the GROWN UPS who run a couple of the sites are in their 30s!

Exquisite's Avatar Senior Member

Actually reading the books I pondered that question, it would fit and certainly makes a few things more clear. I think she wrote him as gay from the outset. Honestly not a huge issue and not really one I think your average 8 year old is gonna pick up on, but as an adult there is a hmm? moment in there. Then the moment passes and you are stuck into a good book again =)

who cares, JK Rowling is one of the most popular, richest, most sold, most paid writers in history... potter is done, she wrote the last book, and it's over. she can say whatever irrealevant stuff she wants to about it now that it's over, i'm sure her millions will keep her warm.

you should haveseen the store the night that damne book came out. we were whiped out of harry potter shit.And as far as the big death......i figured it out on my own with no knowledge of the book and little bits from the movies in like five minutes and couldnt tel anyone about it for months. grown people would get all kiddy about it and cover their ears and tell me they cried when harry's owl died. ugh! it's a book!

+ Reply to Thread