+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bands you wish were still together.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default Re: Bands you wish were still together.

No, I don't hate you toe cutter. Seriously fuck vegan hardcore. I have never claimed to be associated with that scene and I always denounce it for it's bullshit. some of those guys make axl rose look like a saint, once again, just because you make good music (in some people's opinion) doesn't excuse you from being a bad person.

as far as vegan riech goes, I was recomened them by a person that was very pro-gay. as they are pretty obscure, I haven't had much info on them. based on what you said I looked into it and pretty much it was just them going on and on about how you should be respectful of other people's beliefs, including christianity, drinking and meat eating. Overall I found them to be a lot more rational then I would have expected from thier songs, which are pretty radical and over the top. I think you might be confusing them with a similiar band Earth Crisis, that is very macho and militant.

I also never claimed to be perfect and so moral superior to everyone else, and if I act that way, maybe it's because I am trying to be. I don't just say, everyone is fucked up, so I'm not going to do anything about it or change the way I am. The reality is that I probably don't even care if someone is an asshole .you could take every conceited misogynist rock star and put them in a room together, and I would have far less anger toward them then the millions of people that support it and put them on that pedistool, and even them far less than the institutions that promote and spread that thinking in the first place. But I am going to object when those people are portrayed as anything other than what they are, certainly not heroes.

the heart of the argument is the matter in which we have a tendancy to view people as an expression of thier art, instead of art as an expression of the people. By that I mean for most people they will listen to a song that they like and put no thought into the person who makes it, who is a real life person with thoughts and feelings, whereas a song is just a peice of sound. whether that person is good or bad, or can't be so easily labeled, it's the objectification by the public which leads them to objectify the public in return. That's really what I have against big stars and celebrity worship.

I can't help but ask myself, what is the person trying to do? are they just trying to make as much money as they possibley can? are they trying to write songs that don't really mean anything, but are catchy and will make you feel better at the end of the day? or are they trying to write songs to encourage thinking and promote action to ensure that your day doesn't suck, and you don't have to find something else to escape it? do they actually try and do that in thier own lives and the lives of the people around them to make that a reality? It's the artists that do that that I support.

anyway, sorry about that toe cutter. I really don't want to get into it with the people on here. this is one of the few places that has intelligent people and isn't full of assholes, but sometimes it has a tendancy to cross over from dealing with them everywhere else.

Mother Superior

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    anyway, sorry about that toe cutter. I really don't want to get into it with the people on here. this is one of the few places that has intelligent people and isn't full of assholes, but sometimes it has a tendancy to cross over from dealing with them everywhere else.
    I need a hug Morning Glory *hugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    That's cool, man. No prob.

poisonword's Avatar Junior Member

poisonword's Avatar Junior Member

The Clash.

suicidal_tendencies's Avatar Senior Member

(malcolm) I wish nocturne was still together

suicidal tendencies

ok, not really. haha. but I just wanted to say that. It would have been funnier if you did.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Jan and Dean

+ Reply to Thread