+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some feedback/ideas on photos

Sierras's Avatar Pervert extraordinaire
    I've moved so many times I'm not so sure anymore.

Default Need some feedback/ideas on photos

So I took a few shots in this really awesome outfit the other day, and I'd love to do a whole photoset wearing it. The only problem is, I can't really think of an appropriate location for it. I was thinking a cemetery might work (I actually was on my way to a funeral when these were taken) but I'm not sure.

Can anyone give me any ideas on where to shoot this? Any other feedback is appreciated too.
    (I also admit I just wanted to show off my awesome new 18" corset)
    Attached Images

Default Re: Need some feedback/ideas on photos

It may just be because the outfit reminds me of Edward Gorey, but I think you need to shoot near lines. Stairs, pillars, narrow hallways and art deco stuff.

The kinda stuff you would find in Hearst Castle or the Angel's Flight would be perfect, but I can't think of other locations that would actually be photo friendly.

And yes, the corset looks great on you.

Nice.

Some sort of luxurious mansion type area? I'm not familiar with Edward Gorey, but I think CPM's suggestion is spot on. Something out of white stone, preferably.

Sierras's Avatar Pervert extraordinaire
    I've moved so many times I'm not so sure anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem View Post
    It may just be because the outfit reminds me of Edward Gorey, but I think you need to shoot near lines. Stairs, pillars, narrow hallways and art deco stuff.

The kinda stuff you would find in Hearst Castle or the Angel's Flight would be perfect, but I can't think of other locations that would actually be photo friendly.

And yes, the corset looks great on you.
    Oh I completely agree with you on that, I'm glad you suggested it, thanks! I also think columns would be a cool place to shoot around.
    Raza, I'd already thought of how I could get myself into some elegant mansion of some sort, I'll have to conspire
    with my photographer to figure out the perfect place. Thanks

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Raza.....not familiar with edward gorey? ok thenhttp://www.phobos-deimos.com/Edward_Gorey/Gashlycrumb_Tinies/Pages/gashlycrumb_tinies%201.htm

I like that cameo necklace..........as for picture locations.....that could look good in the right hotel lobby...if any of the old classy ones still exist

6. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Karl For This Useful Post:

Raza (09-22-2011)

I enjoyed the poetry and overall theme, but the visuals were a tad on the tame side. Somebody ought to do a guro remake, sometime.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

If the photoset is going to be a non-nude one, I'd say try a crowd of "normal" looking people, with you standing out, or if you can find a Victorian looking building or an old train station/wild west themed place, maybe do a Steampunk set... A cemetry would be cool, but it has been done so many times, it's becoming cliched. If you could find an old looking park area, that might work... Or a visit to the beach, with you hiding under the parasol...

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

personally, i get a jazz funeral procession - like down south near new orleans - type vibe from these shots. especially with that parasol/umbrella. may be near impossible to stage one, depending on your area.

+ Reply to Thread