+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Heroes is Canceled

Default Heroes is Canceled

I am fascinated by the idea of exploring how comic book style superpowers would impact real world human beings. In literature, last year's Soon I Will be Invincible from Austin Grossman is the reigning...
    Read the full article

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

Default Re: Heroes is Canceled

I love it, and won't go to defend it. Each has their own outlook. But, don't EVER scare me like that dammit! LOL

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow
    I love it, and won't go to defend it. Each has their own outlook. But, don't EVER scare me like that dammit! LOL

I loved the first season. I watched the second season.

What do you love about the current season? Not like you are not allowed to disagree.

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Heroes: Assholes. I like that.

athenahollow's Avatar Smut Peddler

I like the butterfly effect they are using. How someone can change so drastically all based on one small event.

I do agree with you that Hiro killing Ando was kinda shitty, but maybe that's what causes Ando to kill Hiro in the future? Maybe someone ends up saving Ando's life and that's what brought him to reek his revenge on Hiro?

I haven't seen Heroes since the two episodes before the last of Season 1. It was good, but then I just stopped caring for some reason. It didn't draw me in anymore.

I got suckered in "Who Wants To Be A Superhero" instead on SciFi.

Jesus *)&%$)*&$%.

My heart stoped as I hurriedly scaned your article for what was going on.

I'm not physiclly able to read anything down on Heroes, but I probably have an idea of what your were saying since I've been hearing it from others.

Godamn, I love Heroes so much.

Quote Originally Posted by athenahollow
    I like the butterfly effect they are using. How someone can change so drastically all based on one small event.

I do agree with you that Hiro killing Ando was kinda shitty, but maybe that's what causes Ando to kill Hiro in the future? Maybe someone ends up saving Ando's life and that's what brought him to reek his revenge on Hiro?

I certainly agree that teeny tiny things can drastically change the lives of individuals or even the course of history. I even think it is really interesting the extent to which the tiniest decision by the seemingly least influential person can change everything. But I also think that people do have a certain amount of core self.

I thought the Hiro character had a really beautiful innocence and faith and decency and morality and striving for goodness in the early episodes and he has turned into a bully who enjoys torturing people and bossing people around. Maybe Ando will end up living. Nobody seems to be able to stay freaking dead on that show, which, for me, removes a lot of the emotional impact of most deaths. But Hiro has still become a totally unlikable and immoral character.

I could maybe roll with that if it were a serious meditation on the nature of loss of faith or loss of innocence, but it isn't. I like heroes in my Heroes.

It's true that they're standing in the place, just other way around. But I still have faith that it's going to rock soon enough.

I can say that every time I tune into Heroes I expect crazy battles with super special effects like never seen before and all that shit BUT... after seeing Syler, pardon... Gabriel in suit I snap out from my dreams and watch the rest of the drama.

They're spending too much time complicating the story which should be actually simple and too little time going deeper into the characters. I don't even know Syler anymore. They're definitely alienating characters.

If the whole season drops me I'm dropping it down too.

But if the movie comes out, I'll watch it for the "crazy battles with super special effects like never seen before and all that shit".

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    I could maybe roll with that if it were a serious meditation on the nature of loss of faith or loss of innocence, but it isn't. I like heroes in my Heroes.
    Power changes people, as they are perfectly pointing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by OliX
    Power changes people, as they are perfectly pointing it out.

The way in which power changes people generally has to do with the way things are always done. For example, many people get into politics because they want to make a difference and then they come up against the forces which make things the way they tend to already be and become part of the system.

When Hiro first buried Adam alive, it seemed like an awful thing to do, but it was internally consistent with the world of the show and could be seen as an example of the way power corrupts. Hiro could not see another way to stop Adam and honor his father.

But, when Hiro is obviously getting off on digging Adam up and torturing him and bullying him, that seemed outside of his character and entirely evil. Keep in mind that this is a guy who has been repeatedly suffocating to death and regenerating back to life for a long time. And Hiro is reveling in his power to threaten to keep doing this to Adam.

There is a big difference between doing something painful to others because a hero serves a higher purpose and getting off on causing pain to others.

Remember the future Hiro from last season. He's got to become a bully somehow.

I'm more disappointed with Syler than Hiro. From ultimate death angel he became this family guy suppressing his hunger.That's in future. But now, working for company, thats just too much. I still have hopes that he will go on killing everyone. Too bad he didn't got that ability to make wormholes (?).

soma_stardust's Avatar ~soul-eating model~

how come i didn't know the new season of heroes started? D:

Head Wreck's Avatar Dai the Llama

maybe he can absorb the LHC's power and destroy us all in the next season

Remember the future Hiro from last season. He's got to become a bully somehow.
    He became like that because Ando died.

I hear they killed off pretty much the only long-standing character I still liked tonight, but I happily did not have to sit through it

lovesluka's Avatar Devilishly Charmed

What did everyone think of last nights show?

I am getting a little pissed off with the show! I still love it, but some of the stuff that is happening is makeing me mad! hehehe...I guess I get to into my TV... I was really excited at first when I found out that Peter's Father was coming back, but what he did last night was not what I was thinking he was going to do. Why did he have to kill Adam, and fuck up Peter like that?

I agree with the article on Syler!!! He is a bad guy...bottom line! He can't be good...I am starting to think that maybe that is one of the things that throws everything off in the future! Oh and don't even let me get start on Mohinder...or how ever you would spell it...he has completely lost his mind!

The only twist that I do find myself glad about....is Claire! She makes a good bad ass...and I think she will be interesting to follow!

Heh, they brought him back just to kill him, that's wonderfully brutal. (Yeah, I don't really like the guy...at all.)

Peter's going to get his powers back anyway, he's pretty much the show's protagonist.

I'm not really sure why everyone's upset about the character's changing. If people in real life change, why not the characters? Especially when confronted with life changing events.

I love Mohinder far too much, but I recognize he's now become a mad scientist - a risk that comes with the job. I just hope he eats Maya (which probably won't happen. Ho-hum.)

I love Mohinder far too much, but I recognize he's now become a mad scientist - a risk that comes with the job. I just hope he eats Maya (which probably won't happen. Ho-hum.)[/QUOTE]

Why Maya? I like her...I was really hoping she was gonna be a bad guy....but oh well...not now!

Quote Originally Posted by lovesluka
    Why Maya? I like her...I was really hoping she was gonna be a bad guy....but oh well...not now!
    Huhn. I actually like that idea. She should be.

I dislike her because she acts like such a helpless cliché woman. (And she was trying to get into Syler's pants and succeeded with Mohinder. Unecessary.)

I dislike her because she acts like such a helpless cliché woman. (And she was trying to get into Syler's pants and succeeded with Mohinder. Unecessary.)[/QUOTE]

I do agree with you on that! Why must there be one like that in every show on TV?

mr_d's Avatar rock star/internet geek
    everywhere and anywhere. I was a nomad till I was old enough to live on my own. I now consider Denver to be my hometown even thought I'm a New Yorker now.

I think the whole point of Season 3 is to show you that not everyone is who you think they are and they all have the potential to flip sides of the moral spectrum.

Maya's character has been pointless this season. They made up the triplets backstory with Nikki just to keep Ali Larter on the show. Kind of annoying.

I don't think they'll ever recapture the freshness of the first season but I'll continue to watch for now.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_d
    They made up the triplets backstory with Nikki just to keep Ali Larter on the show. Kind of annoying.
    I did like Nikki much better than this other chick, but I wasn't heart broken when she died...They should have just left that part alone...However, they still haven't metioned her son this season....wonder what they are going to do with him?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alias
    Huhn. I actually like that idea. She should be.

I dislike her because she acts like such a helpless cliché woman. (And she was trying to get into Syler's pants and succeeded with Mohinder. Unecessary.)

I figured she did get into Sylar's pants. I mean they start kissing, while he is wearing nothing but a towel and his oddly movie star (not watchmaker) muscles, and he closes the door to his hotel room where here dead brother lies. Where were they going to go after that, if not her room to make the beast with two backs?

Figure the Noah kid in the future has to be their kid or some age-reverted Noah Bennett.

I figured she did get into Sylar's pants. I mean they start kissing, while he is wearing nothing but a towel and his oddly movie star (not watchmaker) muscles, and he closes the door to his hotel room where here dead brother lies. Where were they going to go after that, if not her room to make the beast with two backs?

Figure the Noah kid in the future has to be their kid or some age-reverted Noah Bennett.
    I am with you...I think that they totally got it on! Hell I would have if it had been me...he does have some big ass eyebrows...but he is sooooo HOT!

and the kid...I don't think it is Maya's child...cause Mohinder has her(making us think she is dead..which she might be)...who know with the way this season it twisting and turning....

Quote Originally Posted by lovesluka
    I am with you...I think that they totally got it on! Hell I would have if it had been me...he does have some big ass eyebrows...but he is sooooo HOT!

and the kid...I don't think it is Maya's child...cause Mohinder has her(making us think she is dead..which she might be)...who know with the way this season it twisting and turning....

Maybe Mohinder was just wrapping her in a prototype for Mohinder Maternity Couture. Ya could hide a baby in there and no one would know.

the show is too erratic! ok for starters Hiro starts this season as a total jerk who has learned nothing from the last two seasons except maybe arrogance. I totally agree that the lack of permanence in death really takes something away from the experience and at the same time leaves you in constant consideration of how characters could survive. And was it odd that they took Nikki's powers away but beginning of 3rd season Mohinder has no idea how to do anything? am I forgetting something from the second season or am I to pretend it never happened? oh and all the time travel pisses me off . . . if you ask me it is all meant to mislead the audience since nothing in the futures we have ever seen ever comes true! EVER! good motivation, I guess, but paradoxically inconsistent

there is Huge potential for some really interesting story but even considering the first season I think Heroes continually misses the mark in potential poignant story lines I will keep watching but I have been impressed with the sarah connor chronicles (having only seen second season), something I begrudgingly admit. Suspend disbelief for a bit and just look at the situation and the moral implications and there are some pretty powerful moments mostly from young John (our favorite Zach,Claire's powerless geek friend, from season 1 of heroes)

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_quantum
    the show is too erratic! ok for starters Hiro starts this season as a total jerk who has learned nothing from the last two seasons except maybe arrogance. I totally agree that the lack of permanence in death really takes something away from the experience and at the same time leaves you in constant consideration of how characters could survive. And was it odd that they took Nikki's powers away but beginning of 3rd season Mohinder has no idea how to do anything? am I forgetting something from the second season or am I to pretend it never happened? oh and all the time travel pisses me off . . . if you ask me it is all meant to mislead the audience since nothing in the futures we have ever seen ever comes true! EVER! good motivation, I guess, but paradoxically inconsistent
    Mohinder was not the one who took her (and Syler's) power away, it was the company. Also, Nikki was dying from it. He was concentrating on how to cure her, not how to reproduce it. She died and Syler has been healed, so he's SOL.

Each season has a pattern. Show a post-apocalypse future and try to avoid it (save the world). If the future goes through, most of the cast dies, and that wouldn't be very fun. I think it's a great way to play with the characters in unusual ways without it interfering with the main plot.

Maybe Syler felt fatherly love for Noah in some twisted way so he found someone who can revert aging and took his powers.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

and here i had to go to the official webside before i could even allow myself to read the article. I was all set up for the shock of a life time.

~K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    and here i had to go to the official webside before i could even allow myself to read the article. I was all set up for the shock of a life time.

~K
    I know Keiko, same here. I too actually went on official site before reading the article. Damn you Amelia!

Let's plot a evil plan to get to her back for this. Something like "Blue Blood got Canceled".... or not.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I know Keiko, same here. I too actually went on official site before reading the article. Damn you Amelia!

Let's plot a evil plan to get to her back for this. Something like "Blue Blood got Canceled".... or not.
    I think it would be more appropriate to say something along the lines of Dexter got canceled. It's not like she fake repo'd your car or something.

But you have to admit...the threads title did exactly what she wanted it to do....Got all of our attention!!

Quote Originally Posted by I_am_quantum

there is Huge potential for some really interesting story but even considering the first season I think Heroes continually misses the mark in potential poignant story lines I will keep watching but I have been impressed with the sarah connor chronicles (having only seen second season), something I begrudgingly admit. Suspend disbelief for a bit and just look at the situation and the moral implications and there are some pretty powerful moments mostly from young John (our favorite Zach,Claire's powerless geek friend, from season 1 of heroes)

I'm willing to suspend disbelief on the time travel stuff, but I couldn't agree more on the Mohinder thing. How does a scientist forget all his own research? Like, if you were doing serious urgent research on a particular topic, would it just slip your mind over a matter of months?

Glad I didn't watch them bump off Adam last week.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Entertainment Weekly's main cover story this week is how "Heroes" sucks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Entertainment Weekly's main cover story this week is how "Heroes" sucks now.

I'm prescient. It's my Promicin-powered ability. Oops, wrong show.

Default hello. it`s my first post

in the subject a lot of debris. sorry

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

i loved the first season, we made a habit of being home to watch it, the second season felt too short to me but that could have been because of the writers strike and this season has been on and off for me a bit. i feel they're starting to tread into the whole x-men storyline they did in the movies with the heroes being rounded up and taken away which has kinda been done before.

and since when did ando develop powers?

siler's interesting as usual, they're kind of humanising his character more which is kind fo neat when someone humanises a villian character-one of the reasons i like clive barker's work- and it was a real trip seeing who played his father on monday's episode although i still can't believe he didnt pop his skull open like a can and take that little whistling narcotic ability from him and decided to leave him to die from his cancer instead.

it's gotten confusing, not lost confusing but still it's a pain and i have nt seen adam yet in the season-i think he wa sin a few episoded and then killed off and malcolm mcdowell's character was bugging nathan for a minute in his head and they've quit doing that too. ofcourse i ahvent been following it as good as i used to this season cus the second season's finale really left a bad taste in my mouth.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Default Re: hello. it`s my first post

Quote Originally Posted by PaskalTop
    in the subject a lot of debris. sorry
    That's EXACTLY why I stopped watching it. Just too much fuckin' debris!

Default interesting topic

)))

+ Reply to Thread