+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who has the best city club scene?

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Default Who has the best city club scene?

I have been to clubs all over. Barcelona, Amsterdam, Munich, Hamburg, Frankfurt, Eindhoven, Athens, Oslo, Leipzig, Edinburgh, NYC, Miami, Atlanta, LA, New Orleans, Boston, Tampa, Orlando, Jacksonville, Birmingham, San Diego, San Francisco, Philly, DC, Cleveland, Detroit and too many more USA cities to remember. The best club scene I have seen out of everywhere has been Los Angeles. They have clubs every night of the week that are packed full. The music is always top notch, and the people really dress well.
    Honestly I have not been impressed by any other city club scenes. Another thing I really love about LA is the fact there is no smoking allowed inside the buildings.
    Where have you been, and whats been your impression of the club scenes?

Default Re: Who has the best city club scene?

I have not been to ton of places like you and I mostly go to shows & bars. I don't go to a ton of clubs unless there is something special going on. I did go to a few clubs in Berlin and I was pretty impressed by the quality of music and people/turnout. I went to Tresor in Berlin before it closed and that was wicked. Berlin is a pretty live town.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

I can safely say that the "Goth" scene in Newcastle, England is all but dead. There is really only one true Goth night here, The Charnel House. There is another club running, Fight the Robots, which is an EBM Cyber night, and thus not a true Goth Night (in my eyes, at least)
    I haven't had much chance to travel to other cities, what with my work being very low paid, but we do visit Whitby a few times a year, and we see people from all over Britain, Europe & the World there, talking about various clubs.

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

I really want to see London, Berlin, and Toronto this year. I have heard so many good things about all 3 places.
    I am not sure how far away Newcastle is from London, but I always hear such awesome things about Slimelight.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

London is a 4 hour train ride (on British railway) from Newcastle. One of the regular djs at the Charnel House commutes London every week to dj at a club called INFERNO, which is a good night apparently. If you do visit London, it might worth checking out.

+ Reply to Thread