+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dita No Longer Manson's Tease

Default Dita No Longer Manson's Tease

From PageSix
    January 5, 2007 -- SHOCK-rocker Marilyn Manson is about to get one of the biggest shocks of his bizarre life - his stunning stripper-wife, Dita Von Teese, is dumping him after only a year of marriage.

Page Six has learned that the pasty-faced Manson, whose real name is Brian Warner, will be served with divorce papers today at a Los Angeles recording studio where he's working on his next album, with Von Teese citing "irreconcilable differences" in giving him the boot.

Sources say the raven-haired bombshell filed for the split right before Christmas, but Manson has been unaware of it because she couldn't get in touch with him.

"He's not been responsive," a friend said. "She loved him so much, but he has too many demons. He can't even communicate with her at this point. She tried to tell him she was divorcing him, but she can't even get him on the phone. She moved out of the house and he hasn't even noticed."

Friends say Manson had been boozing heavily last year, much to Von Teese's dismay, but she'd desperately tried to hold on. "She really tried to make this work," the friend said.

A rep for the Michigan-born beauty, who is the spokesmodel for MAC makeup's Viva Glam lipstick and lip gloss line, declined to comment. But John Demsey, group president of Estée Lauder, told us: "We're really sad to hear this. Dita has been the most extraordinary MAC spokeswoman. She's the ultimate professional - a glamour girl like there used to be in the '30s and '40s."

Von Teese's pals say they are squarely on her side. "Well, at least now she won't have to share her makeup," one quipped.

It's not known yet whether Von Teese plans to ask for custody of the couple's two cats, Lily and Aleister, and dachshunds, Greta and Eva.

Manson and Von Teese, an accomplished burlesque performer and Playboy model, tied the knot in December 2005 after a seven-year courtship. The goth-style ceremony was held in an ancient castle in Tipperary, Ireland, with cult film director Alejandro Jodorowsky officiating.

Default Re: Dita No Longer Manson's Tease

Interesting.

Michelle Aston's Avatar deviant to the core

Damn. I just saw her in London in November for Erotica 06. I think Manson looks hotter naked.

That report was pretty biased in Dita behalf. I'd like to hear his side of the story. Too many demons... bullshit. She knew him long enough, something besides booze happened if you ask me.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Cutter
    That report was pretty biased in Dita behalf. I'd like to hear his side of the story. Too many demons... bullshit. She knew him long enough, something besides booze happened if you ask me.
    Yes of course it is - because he's not available for comment. Hell, even people who work with him are confused. I know his stage image is all extreme goth and blood drinking from the skulls of pink kittens, but on a good day he's actually a decent guy. It's just that he's been off the rails for a while, the last few months especially - a lot of us saw this coming but Dita really has been trying to save it and I do believe it's because she loved him. You can say it's because she needs him for money or publicity but to be blunt in 2006 a lot of folks have heard more about Dita than they've heard about him - she's quite a businesswoman and sure he's pocketed more cash from album sales than she has from the books, shows, appearances, endorsements and marketing deals, but I sure don't see her needing him as a bankroll.

The papers were filed last week and the PageSix article just says what the coverslip does - personally I can't see him contesting this very aggressively (I can't even find out if he knows about it yet!), so the details are hopefully doing to stay out of the press. It really bugs me when the public find celebrities getting divorced and assume there has to be some macabre history of child sacrifice and abuse with tropical fruit when 99% of the regular folks getting divorced are perfectly happy with the idea they just don't see eye to eye n'more.

It's a shame, but they're both first-timers and they'll move on and do just fine so long as the press doesn't decide one of them has to be burnt at the stake.

mG

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

so long as the press doesn't decide one of them has to be burnt at the stake.
    which of course they will... id be really suprized if they didnt... it sounds a bit to me like theyre already starting to light the kindling under manson...

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

eh, shit happens. that's why famous people shouldn't marry other famous people. too much ego conflict.

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by mmmcherry
    which of course they will... id be really suprized if they didnt... it sounds a bit to me like theyre already starting to light the kindling under manson...

awww
    hearing things of people splitting makes my face do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    eh, shit happens. that's why famous people shouldn't marry other famous people. too much ego conflict.
    I would argue that famous people are more likely to understand what famous people's life is like. In fact I think I just did.

All I know about either of them is that the are both hams in front of an audience. Doesn't tell me enough to even guess what happened. The just seemed like a cute couple.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem
    I would argue that famous people are more likely to understand what famous people's life is like. In fact I think I just did.
    In theory yes, but putting two celebrities together is always like mixing your liquor - they're used to being the center of attention and can find it hard to share the limelight sometimes - understanding the pressures can't stop them applying. It seems some of the most stable relationships come from matching the celebs with someone working in the industry but not a known face (engineers, producers, directors, fluffers etc.) who can understand the 'job' but also don't feel the drive to be standing front row. Going for a total outsider seems to only work if you hook up before the big break, otherwise I can't help feel there has to be a little uberstalker thing going down.

"Yes baby, of course I love you for your personality. Why would you think your ten million dollar house in the Hamptons came into it? I've always loved you for you - the fabulous lifestyle isn't an issue. It wasn't an issue when I used to whack off to your posters, and it's not an issue now..."

"er.. baby? where ya goin?..."

mG

I think she married him for fame...but shes still fab

Xochitl's Avatar Senior Member

It was probably career issues. It is hard to have both a relationship and a career they can take a lot out of a person especially when they are both famous. It happens to unfamous people as well we just don't hear about them.

Black Spiral Dancer's Avatar RedHead Admirer Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    Here, Here!

I'm on the side of not caring.

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't really affect anyone, unless of course the one stalking sees a nice opening to "duck in" in so many words with another letter of love.

I'm more interested in reconciling the problems mates have than caring about this haha. I'm quickly working my way out of my own problems too come to think of it!

Nikki Vega's Avatar Member

It is sad when people split up no matter the reasons. He said, she said, it is heartbreaking all the same.
    I wish them the best.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Vega
    It is sad when people split up no matter the reasons. He said, she said, it is heartbreaking all the same.
    I wish them the best.

This, I agree with.

Roxy Contin's Avatar Member

that's the saddest thing I've heard all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames

"Yes baby, of course I love you for your personality. Why would you think your ten million dollar house in the Hamptons came into it? I've always loved you for you - the fabulous lifestyle isn't an issue. It wasn't an issue when I used to whack off to your posters, and it's not an issue now..."

On topic, it isn't a surprise but it is too bad.

+ Reply to Thread