+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Do you like corsets?

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Do you like corsets?

Corsets seemed like they were kinda all the rage at both Gothic and fetish events for a while, but they seem a bit less common now and I know some really good corset makers have stopped doing them. Corsets are a dangerous accessory for anyone who struggles with her weight at all because, if you can still force that gut in, you can pack on another twenty pounds before you notice that you are not where you want to be. Speaking from experience there. Some people are corset fetishists, but I just like the way they look when they are not cinched in too tight to breathe. Trying to decide how much corset coverage to do on BlueBlood.net here and wanted to get opinions.

Default Re: Do you like corsets?

I LOVE corsets. I wear mine often, since I am heavily into ren recreation. I am really comfortable in them and I love the way that they make you look. So, I am always on the look out for an exceptional corset maker.

It all depends on the design.

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

LOVE them. I only have 3 and am thinking of making one myself. They make me feel sexy... though I only wear them 3-4 times a year. And I don't like them cinched that tight either, breathing's kinda important to me

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I love em and use them in character designs a lot...however they have become a bit of a cliche' at the moment. They became a bit too overused and started to look the same. However I still think they have a long life fashion and design wise...provided designers do something more interesting with them...and I mean radicaly diffrent. The problem is that designers either make them the focal point of an outfit or just an accent to an outfit...rarely is it something more "casual"...something harmonious with an outfit. I've always liked the corset designs that don't make the person look like they are playing dress up.

Belladonna's Avatar Senior Member

i love the way they look. but i do'nt have one.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

CORSETS!CORSETS!CORSETS! I LOVE CORSETS! It's probably got alot to do with the fact that I'm a pig but I don't know. Seriously though, corsets are way cool. More would never be enough.

I love my corsets, but have been wearing them a bit less often lately. I find myself more in the mood to go casual lately... or it could just be that I haven't had a good reason to "dress".

CeruleanFire's Avatar Senior Member

I like corest style tops. I like the way they make the body look. The corset itself is beautiful, but I find them too restricting. I like to be able to move and breathe.

tommygunn666's Avatar In A Dream Tilll I Die!!!

there hot, some women look good in them and some go to far with them that they look like a stick in the middle im sure you know what i mean

I LOVE corsets!!!

Vempyrik's Avatar (Advocatus diaboli)

i <3 corsets on certain girls they can be very fucking erotic and yummy

I love corsets.. but I don't were them much. mostly party's or photoshoots. it sucks mine broke now. I need a new cord(?) in it. aarghh

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I adore them. But I can't stand it when you have a friend lace you inand they find it difficult to put a knee in your back and PULL! I always get the "didn't want to hurt you" excuse. It's been ages since I've actually worn one for ore than like 10 minutes at a time. I'm still trying to find the perfect one before I spend that money. It's like trying to find the perfect little black dress. If you don't have the perfect one, why buy a mediocre one? One day soon...
    K

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    I adore them. But I can't stand it when you have a friend lace you inand they find it difficult to put a knee in your back and PULL! ..
    K
    I would like to formally put my name on that list to do said deed. I wouldn't find it difficult at all...

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

I wish I owned a corset.... VempyriK do you think one would look good on me?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothickitty
    I wish I owned a corset.... VempyriK do you think one would look good on me?
    i have never seen you dres that way.. so i dont know.... i am no quite sure.... i dont really like your hair falls and all your make-up butm aybe all you need is a corset to make it all fall into one yummy ass outfit... so well seee..

ragefoto's Avatar Junior Member

I love corsets, especially the way it feels to be in one. I only own one leather one, but it's wonderful. K, I agree with you. Too many people are too timid to lace me in properly. I have a few people in my life who know what to do and aren't afraid to do it, but they're not always available when I want to wear it and go out. I can put it on myself, but it's not the same and way too loose. I would love to see a corset feature, but I'm much more into how it feels to be bound in one than to look at others in them.

Corsets kickass...espicially when i wear them...

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

I think corsets are amazing, but everyone is wearing them it seems, I like the well made ones with the pipping and stitch work. I think for a guy it's like a tight package yelling un-wrap me!!! and the laces interweaving and with a simple tug it all comes undone...also it accnetuates the hips and breast...

Gothickitty's Avatar Meow, Listen to me Purrrr

I want a corset with metal on it to go with these awesome metal colars Vempyrik and I found

Quote Originally Posted by Gothickitty
    I want a corset with metal on it to go with these awesome metal colars Vempyrik and I found
    OMFG that would fucking turn me on like a fauct

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Trying on corsets is a very tricky buisness. I was at Dream Dresser (local shop) And spotted a darling plain black satin one and wanted to see how it would fit as it had been a while since I'd worn one. It takes two people to put on a corset. So I convinced the store staff to let myself and my boyfriend into a dressingroom together to try and fit me with this corset. Turns out he's one of those "don't want to hurt you" types. Took him like 15 min to get close to how tight it needed to be. So for nearly 15 mins there's lil "air comming out of me" noises comming from this dressing room as I hold on to the door and he pulls. (For some odd reason there was no music playing in the store and we were the only customers) Finally the Clerk comes back to explain that they don't normally allow two people in the dressing room so if we would stop what ever we were doing and come out that would be just perfect. I opened the door rather indignantly to explain to him that my pants were still on and my boyfriend was fully dressed as well, with a little bit of a visual. I think the poor kid got the point. Kind of a funny story. *sigh* Maybe my next SO will be able to PULL once and be done with it...
    K

I love corsets, I'm still waiting for the day I get one. I seriously doubt that I would wear it very often though.

memorydream's Avatar Sage

Pretty substantial coverage of corsets, I should think. I mean when I think of any fashion, I can see a corset in it (old west, french hooker, certainly drag).

No, I hate them. They totally get in the way of one of the prettiest parts of the body and misshape it. I don't want a woman like an hour glass but like a stream: a beautiful, smooth flow from one curve to the next.

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

I think they can look nice and make nice pictures and stuff, but to be honest, I'm not really nuts about them. I know it's probably bad for that to be my opinion, but there you have it. I guess they are ok as an occasional addition to an outfit. However, I'd be perfectly happy to cover them more here, so the folks that love them have the best to choose from.

I'd probably have to do a few more situps myself if I were to really throw stones though, hahaha...

+ Reply to Thread