+ Reply to Thread

Thread: armageddon fatigue

Default armageddon fatigue

So it looks like Harold Camping is at it again. This time, Oct 21st.

Why can the end of the world never come on a Monday? Seriously it is always on busy weekends. Since the choice of who will go to heaven (according to Camping) so I need to lay some groundwork with Satan, you know, just to play the odds. Well, that and any god that considers Camping for heaven probably doesn't have a heaven that fits my definition of paradise.

I may have to see if I can get Camping to move the date until after Christmas, I am still hoping for a kindle fire.

Default Re: armageddon fatigue

Who?

I thought it was going to be this new years, when 2012 caused the world to fall off the Mayan calendar.

Modern religion is kind of pointless. It has all the philosophical emptiness of its ancient equivalent, but none of the mystique.

You would hope his wife would privately tell him to stop because he's embarrassing her.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

bah....world ended in 1991..march...2nd or 3rd friday.......it's just taking a while to stop twitching

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Camping is an embarassment to those of us who've READ the Bible.

You say that as if he could've predicted the apocalypse correctly, if only he'd done his homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    You say that as if he could've predicted the apocalypse correctly, if only he'd done his homework.
    @Bikerpunk... Going to clarify that for us, or just leave us to hang on it...? :P

Either he is saying that any apocalypse is going to be a secular event, and not a biblical one or he is commenting on the fact that the bible itself says, unambiguously, that no man can know when the end times will come. I believe the phrase "like a thief in the night" was used.

At least, that is what it is sounding like to me.

9. The following people thank you for your post:

The Following User Says Thank You to Cafe_Post_Mortem For This Useful Post:

Raza (11-15-2011)

That last one is a pretty sound explanation, actually.

That was Raza.

Still am.

Quote Originally Posted by Cafe_Post_Mortem View Post
    Either he is saying that any apocalypse is going to be a secular event, and not a biblical one or he is commenting on the fact that the bible itself says, unambiguously, that no man can know when the end times will come. I believe the phrase "like a thief in the night" was used.

At least, that is what it is sounding like to me.
    The latter is correct. Camping had some weird gematria going on counting off years a certain way and taking some expressions to be metaphors for certain spans of time.

Most people forgot that Camping made a similar prediction for the 1990s. Didn't listen back then when told that the Bible is unambiguous that no man would predict the date and time.

Default TV Antennas Perth

Never give a poor antenna signal the chance to make you miss your favorite TV show again! Contact We Do Services now and get acquainted with the best TV Antennas Perth. See the significant difference of having a good quality antenna and enjoy your TV viewing time from now on.

http://tvantennasperthau.hpage.com/

+ Reply to Thread