+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: crack or meth?

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

Default crack or meth?

which one do you prefer and why?

It seems a little odd to me that these two generally don't mix in with the same company. You just don't see someone say, "on thursday through sunday I smoke a bag off meth, and then I hit the rock on mondays and wednesdays. Tuesday are my day for smoking weed dipped in embalming fluid."

and what's the deal with PCP? does anyone even do it? I can't imagine anyone being a regular PCP user. But they always have it on drug tests. I don't know, I get the feeling that if I was high on PCP right now, I might have other things to worry about than passing a drug test.

I'm sort of joking with all this stuff you know, but I always found it to be very odd why people choose to do some illicit substances over others.

mystoo's Avatar Pirate Hooker

Default Re: crack or meth?

Meth. I used to do alot. I'm better now.

I need to get some meth heads to come clean my apartment,

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I have never deliberately consumed any of the above, but meth is probably the best value. You can actually do something on meth i.e. like clean your apartment. A high that lasts like 20 seconds means that, if you are smoking crack, you can't be doing much of anything but smoking crack. Which sounds really boring to me. I know a few people who have done PCP by accident when they thought they were smoking something else. I must know some folks who have done it on purpose though.

a_small_death's Avatar The ugliest dj on earth

Around here meth is the drug of choice. Every neighborhood has at least one lab open every day till the next one pops up.

I just don't get it, I mean i get the compulsion to alter your reality by any means possible, but I don't get how people can justify that they are doing drugs for other reasons than because life sucks and they have lots of problems.

not being able to sleep and itching? no thanks. falling on the floor drooling? I'll pass on that one too. shooting dope might be nice for about five minutes until you spend the rest of the day shaking, sweating, puking and shitting.

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I have never deliberately consumed any of the above, but meth is probably
    How does one accidentally smoke meth?
    "You can't believe it. I put down my biscotti, and then when I picked it up again and put it in my mouth to inhale on it, I was like hey, this isn't biscotti, this is a lit meth pipe someone just left lying around!!!!!!

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

all the drugs you listed disgust me. apparently when I got older, I grew out of getting high. I just drink sometimes now.

Methamphetamine I've done; not crystal form, though. Like it's less powerful cousin speed, and as Amelia said, it's very much a utility drug; you get many hours of intense clarity, focus, energy and motivation to do whatever you want to be doing - or even things you previously didn't want to be doing, but thought you should anyway. Good for sex too.

Crack I've no real interest in. I hate smoking drugs, and coke isn't even my thing in its normal, powdered form.

PCP I'd love to try, since I've enjoyed every other dissociative I've had, but seems unfindable here.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

The major problem with tweaking is running out at the wrong moment.

Imagine the fun of disassembling your entire car, laying out every piece in order, numbering it, polishing it, then dropping off the high and not having the faintest clue how to put it back together again, but needing the car to go buy more drugs.

and VB: you don't need drugs anymore; you've found the high that is us. Side-effect-free happiness for the very reasonable one-off payment of your mortal soul, and a complimentary midget.

(not one to keep. he just says you look nice in those shoes).

So it's like that episode of Saved By The Bell where Jessie was taking caffeine pills to study and it was like whoa, whoa, things are getting serious here!

Jax's Avatar Stay Down

Meth. But I havent done it in years. Actually dont like people who use either.

Ive done PCP. It was intense. And fun.

Meth... less addictive and somehow more useful. And that's only if I had to chose otherwise none of the above.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

both a little modern for me so never got around to doing them

Around here everyone does Meth. They've busted 80 labs in one city.

Hearing about 15 year olds sucking an oldmans dick for meth and hearing about it destroying rural towns makes me hate people that deal and make it.

Atleast its wide usage helps me get a job.

Meth, Heroin and Crack are drugs that I'd have no moral quandrys about taking dealers to jail and locking them up for years.

I guess everyone is down on the crack.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I dig the 70's eerie horror music...Classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5TJApnJ8X8

This city is being overrun by crackheads. It never used to be a problem here but it seems to be everywhere now. The other day I saw a crackhead give another crackhead change to buy crack! WTF?

I must be square as hell, I have not met one person in my life that has done any of the listed drugs here.

I am interested in though, how Meth can be useful to one's life....please let me in, since I am completely out of the loop.

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

What she said.

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mystoo
    This city is being overrun by crackheads. It never used to be a problem here but it seems to be everywhere now. The other day I saw a crackhead give another crackhead change to buy crack! WTF?

In Guelph?

Yea, Guelph is getting weird.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxSinner
    I am interested in though, how Meth can be useful to one's life....
    Welcome to the boards, btw.

All drugs can in some sense be "useful" in that they have an effect, and if you want that effect or can achieve something because of it, the drug is de-facto 'useful'. Doesn't mean it's a good, safe, sensible idea of course, and 30 minutes of usefulness rarely covers the subsequent years on the run from a dealer called Kneecap Louie.

Stimulants (meth, coke, etc.) can keep you alert when you should be physically dog-tired and supposedly make you more clear-thinking, hence their popularity with touring musicians and bankers, and everyone in 1985 who owned a shiny suit. Sure they'll destroy your life eventually, but before that you can write a few good songs or make 500 billion on the markets. You could also just get enough sleep, exercise and eat healthy, but that's cheating.

There are millions of people who only function on a day-to-day basis because of prescription meds, and there's often a fine line between 'drug' and 'med' in terms of the pharmacy. I wouldn't say all drugs should be legal (just some!) but even the most ardent anti-drug campaigner has to agree that for the person using there is some element of benefit driving their initial decision.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames

All drugs can in some sense be "useful" in that they have an effect, and if you want that effect or can achieve something because of it, the drug is de-facto 'useful'. Doesn't mean it's a good, safe, sensible idea of course, and 30 minutes of usefulness rarely covers the subsequent years on the run from a dealer called Kneecap Louie.

Stimulants (meth, coke, etc.) can keep you alert when you should be physically dog-tired and supposedly make you more clear-thinking, hence their popularity with touring musicians and bankers, and everyone in 1985 who owned a shiny suit. Sure they'll destroy your life eventually, but before that you can write a few good songs or make 500 billion on the markets. You could also just get enough sleep, exercise and eat healthy, but that's cheating.

There are millions of people who only function on a day-to-day basis because of prescription meds, and there's often a fine line between 'drug' and 'med' in terms of the pharmacy. I wouldn't say all drugs should be legal (just some!) but even the most ardent anti-drug campaigner has to agree that for the person using there is some element of benefit driving their initial decision.
    I do enjoy the "stoned" effect I get from smoking pot. Useful though? Maybe if I had glaucoma.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    I do enjoy the "stoned" effect I get from smoking pot. Useful though? Maybe if I had glaucoma.
    Guess it depends on your idea of 'useful'. You smoked it because you wanted to feel stoned, and it delivered. Probably not very useful if you're planning on performing brain surgery in the next 20 minutes, but you hopefully weren't.

Course if you were, it'd be a great time to get hit by the munchies.

DoctorZ's Avatar Senior Member

Zombie stoners?

I have not done either one in a long time, except maybe some meth mixed in with coke by a cheap dealer. Neither seemed like that much fun. Meth is more useful for getting maximum work done, but I've smoked crack with a girl who said it made her enjoy sex more.

FireBrand's Avatar Junior Member

How long can you be taking Crack or Meth before it really starts to destroy you?

I understand some drugs being used for recreation but isn't using gear like Crack Cocaine a little too lethal to put next to your canopes and glass bowels full of car keys?

Thanks for the welcome

I get that about the stimulants, and I know Meth is one, but isn't it a bit of an over kill to be useful, it's not a cup of coffee, it's about 20. From what I know about methanfedamines is that, they keep you focused (to a point of an unreasonable amount of time on often petty things) they rasie your heart rate to often over 120, you get shaky, you speak fast, etc etc...

How in the world would that make one productive? Besides maybe being able to talk a whole lot about nothing. It seems as if the "high focus" effect -the only good one I can find) would be counteractive, no?

TheDeathKnight's Avatar Senior Member

I think people tend to do crack after already getting pretty hooked on coke or heroin. Once you have accepted that you are a hard drug user, it's easy enough to accept an invitation to give something like that a try. And once you do, it's a cheaper high than a lot of the other ones. So it tends to be the hard drug of choice for people with lower incomes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeathKnight
    I think people tend to do crack after already getting pretty hooked on coke or heroin. Once you have accepted that you are a hard drug user, it's easy enough to accept an invitation to give something like that a try. And once you do, it's a cheaper high than a lot of the other ones. So it tends to be the hard drug of choice for people with lower incomes.

I've never done crack myself, but I know a fair number of people who have done it and not one who liked it. I know almost nobody who has done it twice. Actually, offhand, I can't think of even one who did crack twice. Living in Los Angeles and traveling in some of the circles I do, of course, I know a lot of people who have enthusiastically done lots of cocaine or heroin.

Maybe this is just because crack is the Top Ramen of hard drugs and most people I know are either gainfully employed or hot enough to get a gainfully employed person to buy their drugs.

Heroin is more addictive (on the Hastings scale) than plain coke, but crack beats them both hands-down (only itself narrowly beaten by glass and nicotine). There are therefore a whole heap of people who do crack more than once, but apparently not in Amelia's social circle. Such is the drawback of a lifestyle where you're so 1337 Paris Hilton can only dream of getting your butler's autograph.

Most hard drugs elicit a physical dependency, so you're extremely unlikely, if ever, to be 'addicted' after one hit of anything. Stuff that is more 'gently pleasurable' (alcohol, dope, etc.) has a stronger psychological draw after the first use (the 'aww hell, why not' effect), but physical dependency doesn't drive repeat use in the early stages. With the harder drugs (opiates etc) the effect on a non-user can often be too intense, unusual or unpleasant to make them want to try again. Nicotine is always the top of every list as it's both extremely physically addictive and gentle on first-timers. Nobody can be addicted after their first cigarette, but after their first pack it's starting to kick in, and it's very easy to get from 1 to 20 without really worrying or noticing.

There's a heck of a lot of personal variation in it too - regular users may have a personality predisposed to abuse and so be more likely to try other brands, but equally they can be less impressed with their first high. Some folks are almost physiologically immune to addiction (me included) but will still use simply because they enjoy the feeling, even though they could stop at a whim. For every drug there are a million reasons to use it and a million reasons not to.

... There are therefore a whole heap of people who do crack more than once, but apparently not in Amelia's social circle. Such is the drawback of a lifestyle where you're so 1337 Paris Hilton can only dream of getting your butler's autograph.
    ... Some folks are almost physiologically immune to addiction (me included) but will still use simply because they enjoy the feeling, even though they could stop at a whim. For every drug there are a million reasons to use it and a million reasons not to.
    Very very true on the 2nd part. I realize crack addicts exist, just never met one to the best of my knowledge. Unlike booze, cigs, heroin, coke, pot, and even meth, one generally does not think of crack being used socially, but every person who has ever described their crack experience to me has done it with other people.The crack thang is reportedly too brief a high to be worth the bother but impossible to stop doing so long as any is left. I have a pretty nonaddictive personality, but that still sounds like a skip it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amelia G
    hot enough to get a gainfully employed person to buy their drugs.
    I must learn this trick.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza
    I must learn this trick.

I would assume from your avatar that this would be no problem. But it could be a Los Angeles cultural thing.

I like what Allah2 had to say. that was a pretty interesting perspective.

Maybe it's just an LA thing, like you said Amelia, where everyone wants to appear to be high class, even when they are sucking dick in the gutter, whereas people that live in the boonies just accept there situation a bit more as they see no point in even trying to improve it. Which is to say that I've hung out with crackheads before. It is definitely a social circle, maybe not in the party-scene sense that it is an activity that makes a group more engaging, but if your primary motivation is smoking crack, then it is to your advantage in that effort to be around other crack smokers, which increases your own chance of acquiring more crack.

Also, and you guys probably get this too, you will find people that don't do the drug of choice, or maybe even any at all, but they find it very favorable towards their personal interest to have people around that are easily made useful because of their single-minded purpose.

I would assume from your avatar that this would be no problem. But it could be a Los Angeles cultural thing.

Either that or I mingle in the wrong social circles; nowhere that I party is wealth considered particularly glamorous. Bohemian elitism has its charms, but I should be happy to selectively discart it for free drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory

Also, and you guys probably get this too, you will find people that don't do the drug of choice, or maybe even any at all, but they find it very favorable towards their personal interest to have people around that are easily made useful because of their single-minded purpose.

Hell yeah on that. Los Angeles is chock full o' people who are dying to hand out those first few lines of coke in the hopes of getting other people to follow them around doing their bidding. Sometimes it is funny to watch, but there is no ingestable on earth that could get me to do that. I'm not immune to cravings, but I won't be pushed around, even when it would be to my great benefit. I wouldn't even do that for the perfect steak, Maryland crab cakes, raspberry cheesecake from my favorite bakery, or my current poison of choice iced soy lattes.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza

Either that or I mingle in the wrong social circles; nowhere that I party is wealth considered particularly glamorous. Bohemian elitism has its charms, but I should be happy to selectively discart it for free drugs.

As MorningGlory pointed out, it is perhaps misleading to call them free drugs. They just don't require monetary payment.

As MorningGlory pointed out, it is perhaps misleading to call them free drugs. They just don't require monetary payment.
    Ah, I do see. I must take care to keep the balance more favorable, should I ever establish a 'hotness for material wealth' trade routine in my locale. Gracing the thus-starved with your presence is one thing, but to start taking orders would be no fun at all, not to mention quite ruin the character imagery.

+ Reply to Thread