+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Promoter who does not pay! Tampa, Florida

kellie's Avatar Senior Member

Default Promoter who does not pay! Tampa, Florida

In June of this year, a man by the name of Steve Huff booked my husband, Andy Laplegua, to DJ for him at his opening club night in Tampa, Florida. The club night was called " Cyber electro erotica" Clever name, huh?

We arrive, the hotel turned down Steves credit card. We had to pay ourselves, with the promise of being refunded.
    The night was a flop, apparently everyone in Tampa hates Steve, and he did not promote it at all. At the end of the night Steve said he would have to pay Andy the following day. Andy said that would be fine.
    The following day it was like pulling teeth to get a fraction of the money out of him. He promised it would arrive the following week in the mail.

This is a copy of the email I recieved from him almost a month later, after he had still not paid and I sent him a few reminder emails.

To: "'kellie laplegua"
    Subject: RE: Again, Kellie
    Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:32:19 -0400

You show me a person who has not gotten their money from me, and I ll show you a liar. There are only two people that I can think of that claims that, and that is only because they won’t send me a receipt. I said I am sending the money and some extra for the problem. Threats don’t go anywhere. I am a man of my word and I will live up to my agreement. And you can tell those people that are in my business to fuck off cause they don’t know what the fuck they are talking about, and if they are from Tampa, I DARE them to come face to face with me with what they say behind my back, because AGAIN I will make them look even stupider than they already are.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a copy of the ******* mail I recieved from him 2 weeks ago. He has still not paid, and I have sent him threats of a small claims suit.

http://www.*******.com/theebigbadwolf

Date: Oct 1 2006 11:35 AM Flag spam/abuse [ ? ]
    Subject: RE: money money money money
    Body: I am ignoring you. This is between Andy and myself. RubberDoll did not tell you everything. I told her that I intended to give the money to Andy face to face and that I was done talking to you because all you do is post everything on message boards everywhere. And a threat of small claims court doesn't bother me. This is Florida. You can win in court, but never see a dime. They can't garnish wages in Florida. And not to mention, I am incorporated so I have that additional umbrella of protection. You have to sue the company, not me. And there isn't a single person who knows where I live. Good luck serving that subpeona.

Today is October 15. It has been 4 months. Tonight was the night Steve said he would give Andy the money in person. He, of course, did not show up to do so. He will not answer his phone, he will not return Andys phone calls. Steve had some girl call Andy and ask him to leave Steve alone. Andy replied "tell Steve he is on the guest list, and I just want my money".

Some of the excuses Steve gave us as to why he had not yet paid include:
    " I got evicted from my apartment"
    " I was in the hospital with heat stoke"
    " I went to jail"
    " The check got lost in the mail"
    " My girlfriend told me she mailed the check, let me ask her what happened"

Turns out he really was arrested

You can see his arrest file here
    Shortly after his arrest, he tried to fake his own death. I got a text message on my phone that was supposedly from his family asking "if I had any information about Steves disappearance, to please contact the detectives."
    The fake death lasted about a month.

Anyway. Please everyone beware of Steve Huff, aka thee big bad wolf. He has fucked over many others than Andy, and most likely, he will fuck you over too.

Mindgames's Avatar A guy who makes girls

Default Re: Promoter who does not pay! Tampa, Florida

There's no such thing as 'hiding' when you've once had a website that holds 2257 papers:-

BadWolf Enterprises: 727-776-3611, 2307 Cypress Pond Trail Palm Harbor Florida

There's only one thing more annoying than a promoter who thinks he's bigger than his bookings, and that's someone who thinks he's a promoter because he says so. Golden rule is to only take bookings from promoters who will give you

- referrals to their portfolio and names of people you can ask for opinions.
    - business details that work. Not just at 9am, but at 3am when you're working.

(someone whose commercial presence is a myspayce page don't float my boat on either issue)

Having given you that, I do somewhat agree with him that posting your side of the story on a forum isn't technically the best plan - sure it's a problem you haven't been paid, but it's a private and prelegal problem. Since he presumably doesn't have an account here, your comments could be construed as defamatory. By all means sue the little guy into the ocean, but in the process make sure he can't countersue for libel. It'll only slow down your claim.

I know it sounds like I'm defending him (I don't know the guy btw..) but whatever crap's going down in his personal life doesn't actually make him fair game for a public hanging.

mG

the worst thing that fuckers like this can do is waste our time with their bullshit.

i dunno, sometimes i just cut people like this loose, and let their fucked up shit catch up with them.

of course, sometimes i don't... sometimes i'm the fucked up shit that catches up.

good luck with this shitheel kellie, hope everything works out the best for you and your husband.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Next time you want to check out asshat "booking agents" in FL BEFORE had, just call me and Rob sugar. Rob's familiar with most of the ppl in the area and if he's not he knows some one who is. We'll get the skinny on 'em before you get screwed over. Be it promoters or venues or whatever. Sorry this jerk off screwed you guys big time. Tere's an old saying my mom used to use that i think applies here "If God doesn't get you, I will. You better hope it's him." Even if he attempts to counter sue for libel, swine like him won't smell like roses for ever. Best of luck sugar.

K

Quote Originally Posted by Mindgames
    There's no such thing as 'hiding' when you've once had a website that holds 2257 papers:-

BadWolf Enterprises: 727-776-3611, 2307 Cypress Pond Trail Palm Harbor Florida

There's only one thing more annoying than a promoter who thinks he's bigger than his bookings, and that's someone who thinks he's a promoter because he says so. Golden rule is to only take bookings from promoters who will give you

- referrals to their portfolio and names of people you can ask for opinions.
    - business details that work. Not just at 9am, but at 3am when you're working.

(someone whose commercial presence is a myspayce page don't float my boat on either issue)

Having given you that, I do somewhat agree with him that posting your side of the story on a forum isn't technically the best plan - sure it's a problem you haven't been paid, but it's a private and prelegal problem. Since he presumably doesn't have an account here, your comments could be construed as defamatory. By all means sue the little guy into the ocean, but in the process make sure he can't countersue for libel. It'll only slow down your claim.

I know it sounds like I'm defending him (I don't know the guy btw..) but whatever crap's going down in his personal life doesn't actually make him fair game for a public hanging.

mG
    Well, when he said " good luck serving that subpeona" He was probably right. A few Tampa locals said he moved a good ways away already. He only owes 550$ or 700$ to us, depending if you want to add hotel costs in or not.
    I dont think I have said anything so badly in this that he could take me to court over it. I only stated facts. The excuses he gave me that I listed here I have all recorded through his emails and text messages. Nothing was made up, or exaggerated.
    He has lied to us for the past 4 months, and lied to many many models and performers I know. His dealings need to be brought up to the attention of others who may fall for his lies.

Hey Keiko! Are you going to the CC show tonight at the House of Blues in Orlando?

Quote Originally Posted by kellie

Hey Keiko! Are you going to the CC show tonight at the House of Blues in Orlando?

Nope can't. Broke McBrokersons over here. I thought we were gonna shoot the performance for Robs documentary but i never heard back from dear ol' Hubby so nope. I'm back home on the beach.

K

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    Nope can't. Broke McBrokersons over here. I thought we were gonna shoot the performance for Robs documentary but i never heard back from dear ol' Hubby so nope. I'm back home on the beach.

K
    That sucks so bad!
    HOB does not let you take any photos or anything inside without paying over 2 grand for a photo pass. They were planning on recording the whole tour, but since they are playing half their shows at the HOB, they didnt.
    How far of a drive are you? If your still up for it, I can see if I get a hold of him for GL.

Too late now. Thanks though. I ended up at my mothers helping her pack to move. I'm about 45 min from that particular HOB +/- traffic. I'm sure there will be a next time. Thanks again though for trying.

K

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

kellie, no offense, but after everything I have read about thee big bad wolf on FG, there is no way in hell I would ever work for or with that guy. I know most of FG is bullshit and gossip, but if you read between the lines you will actually find an ounce of truth and that guy is a fucking piece of shite.

sunkarma's Avatar Evil666..reborn

Ouch.

Ugh, sorry to hear that Kellie. What an ass.

VoltaireBlue's Avatar just is

ps: I'm sorry that happened to you. that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by VoltaireBlue
    kellie, no offense, but after everything I have read about thee big bad wolf on FG, there is no way in hell I would ever work for or with that guy. I know most of FG is bullshit and gossip, but if you read between the lines you will actually find an ounce of truth and that guy is a fucking piece of shite.
    No offense taken at all. His FG thread was actually started as a result of mine and Kumi's bitching about him, after he did this to my husband in June.

He is a total piece of shit. I could say a lot more about some of the things he has been known to do, how he exploits underage girls and such, but I will not.

Quote Originally Posted by kellie
    Well, when he said " good luck serving that subpeona" He was probably right. A few Tampa locals said he moved a good ways away already. He only owes 550$ or 700$ to us, depending if you want to add hotel costs in or not.
    I dont think I have said anything so badly in this that he could take me to court over it. I only stated facts. The excuses he gave me that I listed here I have all recorded through his emails and text messages. Nothing was made up, or exaggerated.
    He has lied to us for the past 4 months, and lied to many many models and performers I know. His dealings need to be brought up to the attention of others who may fall for his lies.

I know this situation is way over- etc but technically yes it could be a counter suit, and actually for more because its creating " a dark light" with proven intent as its all over the net wherever you posted. You could sue for small claims but it wouldnt go anywhere and would actually cost you more in the long run. But because technically he is a company (however bad it is), its defamatory and creating a dark light on character which he could sue you on if he knew of it. Also he could have a SLAP suit on you as well because its on the net in many places. However, doubt he knows all this. I am not defending his actions- I am just stating the legal ramifications.

ciao.

Evilbink's Avatar Sanctimonious Satyr

Well sorry to hear ya got jacked Kellie, but a wise man once said "Don't let'em grind ya down". Keep doing your thing, cause your way above that kind of person. Give pika a smooch for me )

Quote Originally Posted by usf_film
    I know this situation is way over- etc but technically yes it could be a counter suit, and actually for more because its creating " a dark light" with proven intent as its all over the net wherever you posted. You could sue for small claims but it wouldnt go anywhere and would actually cost you more in the long run. But because technically he is a company (however bad it is), its defamatory and creating a dark light on character which he could sue you on if he knew of it. Also he could have a SLAP suit on you as well because its on the net in many places. However, doubt he knows all this. I am not defending his actions- I am just stating the legal ramifications.

ciao.
    You have to know this guy, or else you wouldnt have posted to me in more than one forum regarding this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilbink
    Well sorry to hear ya got jacked Kellie, but a wise man once said "Don't let'em grind ya down". Keep doing your thing, cause your way above that kind of person. Give pika a smooch for me )
    I will give Pika 2 smooches for you!

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

pika is the cutest little thing...
    yeah screw that guy. he doesnt even deserve your time... you rock too much

MistressJennifer's Avatar Senior Member

Club promoters are the worst. Small time hustlers. I wrote a whole SCRIPT and BOOK about it... This is why I don't perform live anymore unless it is paid IN ADVANCE and I know the people or it is in London...

When people want you to travel somewhere and promise to pay you, it's just a scam waiting to happen. It's the oldest trick in the book. Club promoters usually have large drug habits to maintain, etc... They are the lowest scum of the universe... They would cheat or manipulate or hustle their own mother if they could. They probably do.

My ex was a club promoter... Never paid the bands, just took all the money for drugs. Now he has a 200 million dollar lawsuit pending against him and his partner is in jail for murder. Karma... No, just what comes around goes around. I am just lucky that I got away from him and never got involved in all of it.

Your scummy promoter will get his just rewards...

Holy shit, thats a huge lawsuit.
    Thats the first promoter he ever delt with that fucked him over, but then again his agency is usually doing the booking.

how much does he ask for a night...
    can you give me a link to his agency where's he can be booked?

just curious

+ Reply to Thread