+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lucky

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Lucky

The story about Lucky

(the one eyed, three legged cat)

Five years go when we first moved up to Hudson we noticed a black cat hopping through our backyard. He couldn't run because he just had three legs. Our approach to feed him was rewarded with hissing and a fast run away from us. The cat was not at all interested in us.

We left food out for all kinds of critters and hoped that he would get a bite. We felt for him, as he was all on his own and the winter was near. One day I noticed him sitting more quietly and when he turned around I saw his right eye was all infected. Since there was no way of reasoning with him to let me get him some medical attention, I got a trap and trapped him the next day. The vet I used back than, explained that his eye had to be removed and that he also had hepatitis, worms, fleas and needed to be neutered. Well, it was all done and the bill was so high that I had to make a deal with the vet. I (a fashion designer at that time/before the cats took over my life) designed 2 shirts for the vet in exchange for "Lucky's" eye and treatment. Since it was winter I kept Lucky inside to recover and placed him in a bathroom where he lived under the bathtub for 3 months. Every time I entered the room he tried to climb the walls (literally) to get away from me. No matter what treat I brought I received hissing and spitting.

But I was determined to show him how life could be as an indoor cat. Mozart and Vivaldi was played daily and I told him my life story over and over again until one day in spring he decided to give me a chance and came out from under the bathtub towards me and rubbed his big head on my leg. That was it. The ice was broken. Lucky admitted that he loves to cuddle and requested if he stays with us, he wants his friends to come over to visit, sleeps in bed with us, gets his breakfast at 6AM and basically can do what he wants. So here we are 5 years later and so is Lucky (and 24 others, all with a story to tell)

Lucky, the three legged, one eyed cat - 2005

Lucky, the three legged, one eyed cat (the founder of Animalkind, so to speak..) disappeared 3 years ago. One day he just was gone. Also there was a big fire across the street than and a lot of noise and commotion-so we thought he got scared and hid for a while, he never came back.

I posted flyers for him, talked to the Waste Management if they saw him by the side of the road, posted him with the Human Society and police and even called a pet psychic. I wandered the neighborhood with a flashlight for weeks, checking basements, thinking he may fell into something and couldn't get out, but no sight of him. I truly beloved he was with the angels, also it always stirred me up not knowing what happened to him.

Now three years later:

One of the artists who generously donate to our annual fundraiser "Art for Animals" , Edward Avedisian, came to our adoption center to bring his artwork over. When we showed him all the beautiful rescues we home in our adoption center, he started talking about his cats and his love for them.

Within the conversation he mentioned that he has a black three legged, one eyed cat, he named "Champ". "Champ" showed up at his backyard three years ago! My heart fell and jumped in the same time. I told him Lucky's story and that I hope it would be him. I asked if I could come and visit to see if this is Lucky (although my heart knew). When I visited the next day, I cried. There was Lucky, happily sleeping under a bush in his backyard. They built a beautiful house for him and he was well cared for.

Lucky responded immediately! When I called him, he came and purred, rubbed his head and couldn't get enough attention-we both were soo happy to see each other!

Edward was so kind and allow me to take Lucky home at last!

When he came home, he recognized all his old friends!! He kissed the dog and his furry friends and doesn't stop purring and dancing! He also doesn't leave the velvet pillow on the king size bed! Lucky truly lives up to his name!

Default Re: Lucky

wow he is truely one Lucky cat ,glad to see some one found him and took good care of him..
    I have a cat named Kitty ,a 4 mo.old kitten named De De ,and a stray r 2 one name Precious and one ive not seen in 3 mo a all white cat with 1 blue eye and 1 gold eye named Duce he's big ,like 20lbs. big.. but i miss him and hope he shows up one day.
    That Lucky is a cute cat ,take good care of him ,, all the best ..
    A
    and i feed a few strays round here..

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

holy shit crazy story man... but totally awesome in the end go lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Anarkey
    wow he is truely one Lucky cat ,glad to see some one found him and took good care of him..
    I have a cat named Kitty ,a 4 mo.old kitten named De De ,and a stray r 2 one name Precious and one ive not seen in 3 mo a all white cat with 1 blue eye and 1 gold eye named Duce he's big ,like 20lbs. big.. but i miss him and hope he shows up one day.
    That Lucky is a cute cat ,take good care of him ,, all the best ..
    A
    and i feed a few strays round here..
    Thanks. That's actually a story from animalkind, tho. He's not my cat. Sounds like he's doing well, and he was the inspiration for a shelter.

OEC

DARKGYM's Avatar King of the night

Nice story.

That's funny I have a three legged cat as well (though he does have both eyes). His name is Dusty and is a big bruiser, he weighs in at about 20lbs. and is mostly muscle, not really much fat on him. He can be quite a suck at times.

Quote Originally Posted by DARKGYM
    Nice story.

That's funny I have a three legged cat as well (though he does have both eyes). His name is Dusty and is a big bruiser, he weighs in at about 20lbs. and is mostly muscle, not really much fat on him. He can be quite a suck at times.
    Awesome - a big little guy.

OEC

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

*cries* for some reasons stories like this make me very emotional cause i'm stupid.

Lucky is so cute. ^.^

haha but its a happy story!

LoraLie's Avatar i dont like clothes.

I K NOW! but i still cry. haha cause they are REUNITED & it makes me alll emotional. haha.
    i cry about happy stuff.

hahaa okay then thats a good thing

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

we took in Lucky our nieghbourhood cat after his people abandoned him, I think he's gotten over being neutered. I should show him the picture of this lucky and he can see that life can get a lot worse

I've honestly never seen a more blissful group of critters than one eyed cats (at least the ones I've had or known about)

OEC

+ Reply to Thread