+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone with good Spam filter experience?

ForrestBlack's Avatar Administrator

Default Anyone with good Spam filter experience?

Pretty much all my email accounts are totally useless at this point. I get thousands of crap emails every day. I can't tell you how many important messages I've missed lately. I know there are a few products on the market to filter spam, and I've tried a few, but I wanted to see if anyone has and really good experiences or suggestions. Thanks.

Default Re: Anyone with good Spam filter experience?

I really like knowspam.net. It is one that sends back a "you must click this and prove you are human." Totally changed my email experience. The one downside is that I miss messages from people who ignore the confirm email.

Found this link while searching. I read good things about SpamFire, but their site seems to be down. Mostly, I'm looking for a local filter & reporting application. I'm not sure I trust the domain filter services just yet.

http://email.about.com/cs/winspamrev.../anti-spam.htm

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Also, can anyone recommend a damned good pop-up blocker? I have tried several differetn ones, but i STILL get about a gazillion of them everytime I try to read waht all of you are posting.

tommygunn666's Avatar In A Dream Tilll I Die!!!

i dont think must spam blockers they block stuff ya but they also blockthings that you want getting through .
    just my opinoin
    tommy

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by koolagh
    Also, can anyone recommend a damned good pop-up blocker? I have tried several differetn ones, but i STILL get about a gazillion of them everytime I try to read waht all of you are posting.

That sounds like an adware problem rather than a popup problem. Are you saying you get popups on blueblood.net? If so, what is popping up?

For a POPUP STOPPER go to

http://www.download.com/redir?pid=10...-10246779.html

Its a free ware popup stopper...Works great...

To remove AD-Ware....go to

http://www.download.com/redir?pid=10...-10214379.html

this link is for adaware...Its free and works great..when u get it installed go to the lil icon that looks like earth and let it update itself then run it....

As far as spam goes there is nothing that I have found yet that works very well most of it blocks a lot of mail you would want to recieve...

the only program I have found and alas I cannot remember the name of it you set up a list of ppl you want to recieve mail from and it lets it come to your inbox...the rest is sent to another folder that you can sort out at your leisure... but if someone is not on that list it will be heaped in with the other unwanted email....

Hope this helps...If you have anymore questions I am glad to answer them

http://www.all-internet-security.com...am_filter.html

here is a page that has done some reports on spam blocking software...Its not free ware stuff though

A-HA...I found it...Here is the link for the spam blocker I mentioned...

http://www.download.com/Qurb/3000-23...ml?tag=lst-0-1

Its not free... but you make a list of people who you want to recieve mail from and they go to the inbox...the rest are sent to a quarintine folder for you to pic through...

This page gives you all the info about it and has a free demo...

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Quote Originally Posted by -=Asmodeus=-
    A-HA...I found it...Here is the link for the spam blocker I mentioned...

http://www.download.com/Qurb/3000-23...ml?tag=lst-0-1

Its not free... but you make a list of people who you want to recieve mail from and they go to the inbox...the rest are sent to a quarintine folder for you to pic through...

This page gives you all the info about it and has a free demo...
    Forrest and I both get a lot of email that we want to get from people we do not know. But our publicly available email boxes tend to get annihilated with spam and viruses and mass mailings from mysterious locations. So one which just makes a list of okay past contacts would not really work. Darn it. I had my inbox get really jacked up when I tried spamcop though, so I'd like a filter I can install on my hard drive, rather than one which routes through a web site.

Thanks for the links Asmodeus. At this point, I get so much garbage that I'm missing important stuff anyway, so if I lost a few to a good filter, it would still be better. At least I'd get to read some people's emails.

As far as spyware goes, yeah Adaware is great, I also use SpySweeper, and CWShredder. Occasionally I even use HijackThis, but that one can be dangerous.

Jasperino's Avatar Senior Member

It's pretty good fried with cheese and mustard...

What?

Spamcop = BAD SHIT....

It blocks a lot of stuff but yeah it also jacks up some stuff....
    I have had so many techsupport calls on that I finally just started sugesting to not use their service anymore...

+ Reply to Thread