TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Default Oh *sigh* Starbucks...

Starbucks unveiled coffee liquer.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6986467/

Starbucks launches alcoholic drink
    Company to sell coffee-flavored booze in bars, liquor stores
    The Associated Press
    Updated: 1:43 p.m. ET Feb. 17, 2005

CHICAGO - Starbucks Corp. Thursday launched its first alcoholic drink, a coffee liqueur.

Starbucks Coffee Liqueur, made in collaboration with Jim Beam Brands Co., will be sold in restaurants, bars, and liquor stores, not in coffeehouses. Alcohol content is 20 percent by volume, or 40 proof.

A 750 milliliter bottle will sell for around $23. The product also is available in 1 liter and 50 milliliter sizes. Future Brands LLC will distribute the liqueur.

What do you think of their new drink?

Default Re: Oh *sigh* Starbucks...

I like starbucks coffee, but I don't like their prices.

Quote Originally Posted by cheinara wraithwalker
    I like starbucks coffee, but I don't like their prices.
    I agree. Its about 20$ for one of their 'fancier' mugs!!! Thats INSANE!! But their drinks are good... especially the Tazo tea...

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

i buy starbucks beans in the store sometime but its expensive its also the strongest cofee you can buy in a super market around here ive only been into a starbucks once and i didnt like it i prefer going to local coffee shops as they serve coffee that is ten times better than the crap at starbucks

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace
    I agree. Its about 20$ for one of their 'fancier' mugs!!! Thats INSANE!! But their drinks are good... especially the Tazo tea...
    I prefer a caramel machiato...and I'm not sure if I'm spelling that right. :|

killerkat's Avatar Malice?

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuietPlace

love the hot tazo chia tea..........i stick to a few local coffe shops, that are really good..........good live music too....

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

I hate starbucks. I guess corporate monotony (monopoly) destroying all independent competetors and killing local flavor and community is ok as long as we get to have our frapachinos.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i hate starbucks cause they dont have a large coffe cup

caffiene isn't addicting enough? they want to get everyone hooked on booze too? just wait till they legalize heroin, you better belevie they'd sell starbucks brand syringes, and little cardboard wrappers around the spoons, so you don't burn yourself, cuz 'starbucks cares about thier customers'

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    caffiene isn't addicting enough? they want to get everyone hooked on booze too? just wait till they legalize heroin, you better belevie they'd sell starbucks brand syringes, and little cardboard wrappers around the spoons, so you don't burn yourself, cuz 'starbucks cares about thier customers'
    Hahaha I bet you're right! If they do legalize heroin (which they probably won't) starbucks would jump on the heroin paraphernalia wagon!

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Supposedly Starbucks actually resisted doing coffee booze for a long time. I wonder what made them change their policy. I guess maybe they just had a long term plan with Jim Beam. I like that, if I go into a Starbucks in an unknown city, they will probably make my drink adequately. Their coffee is never divine, but it is never jacked up either. I have a coffeehouse walking distance from me in one direction where I like the funky ambiance, but a lot of the baristas are resistant to making an iced latte properly. I have a Starbucks walking distance from me in another direction. Sometimes I go to the Starbucks, if I am on my way somewhere, because it has a parking lot, but more often, the times I choose to patronize it instead are when I just want something to perk me up and I don't want to have to give someone instructions or worse yet have to assert myself to get the thing done properly.

how do you define properly though? most coffee places center around serving coffee not serving bullshit that mildly has to do with coffee, like a double mochachino espresso late. I don't even know what the fuck that is. I just made that up... I drink coffee.

Kidthorazine's Avatar hippiepotsmoker

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    how do you define properly though? most coffee places center around serving coffee not serving bullshit that mildly has to do with coffee, like a double mochachino espresso late. I don't even know what the fuck that is. I just made that up... I drink coffee.
    Exactly when i go to a cofee shop i order one of three things a cofee an espresso or hot tea theese things are pretty hard to screw up and the only real factor is the beans and the brewing temperature the cofeehouse i go to uses better beans than starbucks and brews at lower temprature (which is good in this case because most places like starbucks brew there cofee really hot because you get more out of the beans that way but it doesnt taste as good)

+ Reply to Thread