+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: McCain picked a woman as the vice presidential candidate on his ticket....

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

Default Re: McCain picked a woman as the vice presidential candidate on his ticket....

And I'm kinda saddened that all people talk/think about this Palin woman is how much they'd want to stick their genitals into her.

Well, I guess if she thinks of women as no-class citizens who exist as enforced breeding machines for the draft, she should have no qualms about not being seen as a human being.

One Eyed Cat's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: McCain picked a woman as the vice presidential candidate on his ticket....

Quote Originally Posted by Bikerpunk
    And I'm kinda saddened that all people talk/think about this Palin woman is how much they'd want to stick their genitals into her.

Well, I guess if she thinks of women as no-class citizens who exist as enforced breeding machines for the draft, she should have no qualms about not being seen as a human being.
    I respect Palin actually. I disagree with her on a lot of things. Would have sex with her anyways (forbidden fruit appeal). It's the real appeal. I've read her record though as well. I've heard her speak. She's no piker.

OEC

Bikerpunk's Avatar Ill-intentioned bad apple

I didn't mean you necessarily, OEC.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

Pleeeassseeeee.....That definietly isn't all people talk about when seeing her. How about all the people who think Obama is sexy? There's alot of them out there. I don't vote on looks, myself. Although, if some dude who was up for prez had a Hitler mustache...Yeah...I don't think I'd vote for him. Palin, from what I can tell, is a right winger......Talkin' about McSame....Palin is the REAL McSame, I think. I don't think it's wrong to see a candidate as a human form and be attracted to that human form as long as in the end, hopefully, people are smart enough to vote with their heads and not their genitals.

Let's face it though, ALOT of politics does seem to be a beauty pegeant....Or at least how likeable a candidate looks . One of the big factors that helped Kennedy win (besides help from poppa and the mafia), was that he and Nixon had the first ever nationally televised debate. Kennedy got all "make-upped" while Nixon basically said, "Get that shit away from me". During the debate under hot lights, Nixon sweated like someone in a boxing ring, while Kennedy looked, cool, collected, handsome, and suave (due to the makeup). This became one of the turning points in the election. People liked how Kennedy looked and so he won the debate and of course, later on, the presidency.

Senior_Diablo's Avatar in a rowboat

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Karl
    not that I know of
    hmm.. i guess you canadians are better at keeping secrets like that? lol

I didn't mean you necessarily, OEC.
    I know. These new twists in this election have just forced me to try to analyze what is really go on here (in terms of the electoral horse race). It's just plain bizarre.

OEC

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

Ran across this and felt the urge to share, and hence post it here. These are all the reasons to be scared of the Palin chick Mccain picked as VP.

~K

1. Palin Slashed Funding for Teen Moms. Whe reduced funding for Covenant House Alaska by more than 20 percent, cutting funds from $5 million to $3.9 million. Covenant House is a mix of programs and shelters for troubled youths, including Passage House, which is a transitional home for teenage mothers.
    (Washington Post)

2. Her Views on Sex Education. When she ran for governor of Alaska in 2006, Sarah Palin was asked if she would support abstinence-before-marriage programs over sex education, school clinics and contraceptive distribution. She was firm in her answer: "Explicit sex ed programs will not find my support.
    " (San Francisco Chronicle)

3. Few Mayoral Accomplishments. Before she was elected governor, she was mayor of a tiny Anchorage suburb, where her greatest accomplishment was raising the sales tax to build a hockey rink.

4. She Was "For It’ Before She Was "Against It!" As a candidate for governor in 2006, Palin had backed funding the infamous "bridge to nowhere." After her election, she killed the much-ridiculed project when it became clear the state had other priorities. (LA Times) She then kept federal funds allotted for it after the deal fell through.
    (CBS News)

5. Pork Barrel Spending. Palin hired DC lobbyists to help direct nearly $27 million in pork projects to the town of Wasilla. And today we learn that McCain has actually condemned some of the very earmarks his running mate and her lobbyists secured.
    (CBS News)

6. More Pork Barrel Spending. This year she submitted to Congress a list of Alaska projects worth $197.8 million, including $2 million to research crab productivity in the Bering Sea and $7.4 million to improve runway lighting at eight Alaska airports. A spokesman said she cut the original list of 54 projects to 31.
    (LA Times)

7. Does Not Put "Country First." She has vocally supported the Alaskan Independence Party, a group that has long pushed for a statewide vote on whether Alaska should secede from those same United States.
    (LA Times)

8. Campaign Contributions Nightmare. She accepted $5,000 in campaign contributions in 2001 from executives of Veco Corp., an Anchorage-based oil-services company, when she was running for lieutenant governor. Veco is at the heart of a federal investigation of alleged political corruption; two executives pleaded guilty last year to bribing state politicians.
    (Bloomberg. com)

9. Another Scandalous Probe. A separate probe, initiated by the Alaska Legislature, is looking into Palin’s dismissal of Public Safety Commissioner Walt Monegan in July. Monegan has said he was pressed by members of the governor’s family and administration to fire a state trooper who was involved in a contentious divorce from Palin’s sister.
    (Bloomberg. com)

10. Palin’s Own Crazy Preacher. From the age of 12 and for most of her adult life, Sarah Palin attended the Wasilla Assembly of God. the church’s preacher, Ed Kalinins preached that critics of President Bush will be banished to hell; questioned whether people who voted for Sen. John Kerry in 2004 would be accepted to heaven; charged that the 9/11 terrorist attacks and war in Iraq were part of a war "contending for your faith;" and said that Jesus "operated from that position of war mode." (The Huffington Post) Speaking to school of ministry graduates gathered at Wasilla Assembly of God on June 8, Palin asked the crowd to pray for the corporate cooperation necessary to build a $30 billion natural gas pipeline across Alaska.
    (Chicago Tribune)

11. She’s a Creationist. As a candidate for governor, Palin called for teaching creationism alongside evolution in Alaska’s public schools. She has not made clear whether she accepts the theory of evolution as fact.
    (Associated Press)

12. Does Not Believe Global Warming is Caused by Man. "A changing environment will affect Alaska more than any other state, because of our location," Palin recently told Newsmax, an Internet news site. "I’m not one though who would attribute it to being manmade.
    " (Associated Press)

13. Banning Books. As mayor of Wasilla, Alaska, she sought to have 90 books banned from the local library and threatened to fire the librarian.
    (Time Magazine)

14. Lagniappe!: Details also emerged about the father of Bristol Palin’s child. He is Levi Johnston, 18, a high school ice hockey player. He describes himself on his ******* page as a "f****** red-neck". He says that he has a girlfriend but "I don’t want kids". Last night Levi’s mother said that he was heading for the convention to meet the Palin family.
    (London Times)

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

God Save Us from Sarah Palin.

She was also in the Alaska Independence Party. I don't know of any candidate for President or VP that was a member of a secession movement. Even post civil war, I don't believe any went beyond pro-union but anti-rights for blacks. Would have to check. I know none were active in the confederacy.

OEC

. o 0

Russian troops have liberated the breakaway United States province of Alaska. Governor Sarah Palin (a former Alaska Independence Party Member) petitioned for secession just before her election as Vice President. Prime Minister Vladimir Putin invaded on "humanitarian grounds" the following day.

"You bitches ripped us off. Many russians have been persecuted in Alaska. We hold referenda. 51% Da 49% Nyet. Alaska Russia again. Word up," Putin was quoted as saying.

"He believes in a culture of life," replied Palin.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

She really doesn't phase me though.

What's been bothering me about all this is, since I can't stand most politicians anyway.....Why hasn't the media looked at Biden yet. Why haven't they dug up any dirt on him. Like, if I remember straight, years ago when Biden was first elected to the senate he won because of his great speeches. After some digging, they found that alot of his speeches were partially plagarized from old Kennedy speeches. I'm a tit for tat guy. I can't stand how bias the media gets. EVERYTHING is all about Palin and nothing about Biden. I say let's get everything out in the open.

Quote Originally Posted by One Eyed Cat
    She was also in the Alaska Independence Party. I don't know of any candidate for President or VP that was a member of a secession movement. Even post civil war, I don't believe any went beyond pro-union but anti-rights for blacks. Would have to check. I know none were active in the confederacy.

OEC

. o 0

Russian troops have liberated the breakaway United States province of Alaska. Governor Sarah Palin (a former Alaska Independence Party Member) petitioned for secession just before her election as Vice President. Prime Minister Vladimir Putin invaded on "humanitarian grounds" the following day.

"You bitches ripped us off. Many russians have been persecuted in Alaska. We hold referenda. 51% Da 49% Nyet. Alaska Russia again. Word up," Putin was quoted as saying.

"He believes in a culture of life," replied Palin.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

She really doesn't phase me though.
    Putin is one tough gangsta mutha' fucka'. When asked why he went into Georgia in the first place he responded with, "Cause that's how I roll, dawg!" and then karate chopped the interviewer in the neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    Putin is one tough gangsta mutha' fucka'. When asked why he went into Georgia in the first place he responded with, "Cause that's how I roll, dawg!" and then karate chopped the interviewer in the neck.
    Haha. We should morph the presidential candidates: A Black Woman who survived 5 years in a Vietnamese Prison (Biden gives her hair plugs I s'pose). That would be change everyone would have to believe in. Putin would chill with homeys back in Moscow at that point.

OEC

The whole situation is transparently fail.

I tried typing out shit three times but could not get past the dry gag it caused.

What a fucking circus.

Quote Originally Posted by Velvet-Tongue
    The whole situation is transparently fail.

I tried typing out shit three times but could not get past the dry gag it caused.

What a fucking circus.
    We're in for a challenging couple years as a nation. I would suggest people just vote their conscience. In our personal lives, bootstraps either way. The government is resistant to change and not equipped to deal with a number of issues being mentioned in the campaigns.

OEC

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

why not just everyone flip a coin before voting..............leave it to................................well, whatevers in charge of heads or tails

Mr Karl's Avatar Senior Member

hey, where are all the Ross perot characters this time?

+ Reply to Thread