+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Who do you want to be. What do you want to become. Whats your life goal?

Default Who do you want to be. What do you want to become. Whats your life goal?

Whats the ultimate reality for you? Who're you aiming to become?

Whats the ultimate goal in your life?

That lofty peak for myself is to honestly stare into the face of god and help as many people as I possibly can before I draw my final breathe and kick off to the next adventure.

Oh an Emilie Autumn does a pretty good Bohemian Rhapsody.

this post brought to you by guiness, heineken, and spiced cider.

/ssprrooooshhhhhhh
    /sails off

Default Re: Who do you want to be. What do you want to become. Whats your life goal?

How did I know this was going to be a drunk post courtesy of you?

Default Re: Who do you want to be. What do you want to become. Whats your life goal?

You know me better then I know myself?

But just play along with me for a bit. Whats your ultimate life goal?

That's super cereal secret, sorry.

and the porridge was just

honest? model then just be a housewife. i am boring like that.

To be happy and satisfied with life...

but I'm not exactly sure what that means yet.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

Who do I want to be right now? The drunk guy making an ass of himself at a bar.

Otherwise, I just want to be able to live comfortably and not in the military.

malcolm's Avatar the bored one.

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaHazlett
    To be happy and satisfied with life...

but I'm not exactly sure what that means yet.
    Ditto.

Ajax Knucklebones's Avatar God fearing atheist

I'm almost 40. Pipe dreams died off a long time ago. Now I just try to figure how and when I'll be able to retire. So far I'm at...After I'm dead.

I am aiming to become me but even more so. Stronger, more creative, dynamic and fulfilled. I want to live a beautiful balance between satisfied and seeking.

owner/operator/chief builder of custom bike and hot rod shop

maybe a patch holder, though I don't know if I want a three piece or just the diamond 1%er patch and remain a lone wolf

Bedlamite

I just want to be yon classic multi-adventure types.

Dig in some dirt, Run a little Thrift Store, Research stuff for work, Travel, Freelance, Paint more, Finish a degree, Grow an herb garden, Decorate a house of my own, Figure out how to make Yeast Bread, Have dinner parties, Never have to drive a car, Get good enough at sewing to always be able to alter unique clothing for me and meh man from thrift store finds.

Anna Evans's Avatar Senior Member

I want to be happy and make art.

Dusk's Avatar Senior Member

I want to teach Karate

To make people happy....

Morning Glory's Avatar Apathetic Voter
    Campbell's (or is it Warhol's?) Primordial Soup

this thread is depressing.

Not for you guys, just for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Glory
    this thread is depressing.

Not for you guys, just for me.
    Why?

Because I don't really have any life goals, or at least possibly attainable ones and going from one min. wage retail job to the next and sitting around bored on the couch for the rest of my days isn't something I look forward to.

nathanmbailey's Avatar Batteries not included

You kidding, that sounds like the shit to me right now.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey

Hahaha! I think it takes a dude, sweating in the hot hot heat, in a war torn country, to put the real perspective on things.

I think the ultimate goal is to be content with your life. I think that's a happy medium. Anything more than that is cake. Anything less is usually reality.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanmbailey
    yeah, but you'll be able to do that soon enough if you want to, and you'll have other opportunities available.

Educate your self MG, you're a smart guy with a realistic picture of the world. Work with sustainability, education or ecology. Study more.... you can still move to Sweden and get free education and what not

Tell me if you want to know more.

yeah, but you'll be able to do that soon enough if you want to, and you'll have other opportunities available.
    So, join the military, be sent to an ungodly Hell and when it's all over, you too will have so much available to you. Hell, we all can live that fancy, rich-livin', the world is your oyster, military life, right?

MG....Unless you know that Nathan has something great waiting for him in the states, don't be so quick to assume he does. I've known plenty of military men, who after their tour was over, they came back to less shit then they had before AND the possiblilty of some wonderful PSTD awaiting them on there return.

The fact is, anything I ever achieved in this life, I did on my own. Nobody handed me some pile of fuckin' money and then said, "You're now Donald Trump, go invest wisely". I earned every fuckin' dollar I have and nobody ever handed me a get out of pass free fuckin' card. You want to do better for yourself? Then go do it. You don't? Then that's fuckin' fine to but sorry...Life hasn't been too splendid to any of us...That's fuckin' life...So sorry if I'm not playin' my heartstrings for you.

sounds like you are the one with the problem Ajax.

I didn't say it was because I had no opportunities or no motivation, it's because I don't know what I want to do and don't have a plan.

If I wanted to be in the military, then I would be in the military. It does offer you some options of college and it gives you training- whether those skills are applicable in the civilian world might depend on the circumstance, but they are there- and you can always make a career out of it by reenlisting after your initial contract is over.

sounds like you are the one with the problem Ajax.

I didn't say it was because I had no opportunities or no motivation, it's because I don't know what I want to do and don't have a plan.

If I wanted to be in the military, then I would be in the military. It does offer you some options of college and it gives you training- whether those skills are applicable in the civilian world might depend on the circumstance, but they are there- and you can always make a career out of it by reenlisting after your initial contract is over.
    ****I didn't say it was because I had no opportunities or no motivation, it's because I don't know what I want to do and don't have a plan.****

Well, yeah, Mr. I'm gonna wind up spending the rest of my life sitting on a couch and working minimum jobs...Sounds exactly like that to me. What I'm saying is, what you do with your life IS your life. You, yourself, say this thread is depressing because you don't know what you want to do. Just that deep down you know what you DON'T want to do. Then get your ass off the couch, go out in to this great big world and find what might actually be cool to do. Nobody's gonna come a knockin' at your door to offer you a good life. You have to go out and find it. Don't live out your own omen. Life's just to fuckin' short.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    ****I didn't say it was because I had no opportunities or no motivation, it's because I don't know what I want to do and don't have a plan.****

Well, yeah, Mr. I'm gonna wind up spending the rest of my life sitting on a couch and working minimum jobs...Sounds exactly like that to me. What I'm saying is, what you do with your life IS your life. You, yourself, say this thread is depressing because you don't know what you want to do. Just that deep down you know what you DON'T want to do. Then get your ass off the couch, go out in to this great big world and find what might actually be cool to do. Nobody's gonna come a knockin' at your door to offer you a good life. You have to go out and find it. Don't live out your own omen. Life's just to fuckin' short.
    Good advice. Life is both too short AND too long to spend dissatisfied (paraphrased from Inox).

I didn't know what I wanted to do when I was younger, so I went to college and took all the classes that sounded interesting until I found a major that I thought I could dig. Not having a plan but experimenting turned out to serve me really well -- I now have a job in the field that I studied and am discovering all sorts of cool new opportunities all the time because of it.

Some rare people know exactly what they want and spend their lives pursuing that thing, sometimes becoming bitter and sometimes becoming utterly fulfilled. Most of us aren't like that. Our world now is so full of variety and potential -- there are more options now than our ancestors could possibly have imagined -- that I think it's impossible for most people to look at all of it and take it in and pick a single thing and say "That's what I want, that right there, I'm going to spend my whole life striving for it." We're better off playing the field for a while, I think, being renaissance men and women, so that our aptitudes and desires can unfold and reveal themselves.

Imagine a venn diagram made of three circles -- 1) "what I'm really good at," 2) "what I really enjoy," and 3) "what provides me with the best compensation." If you can find a way to have your primary occupation be in the center of that diagram, where all the circles overlap, you win. My goal is not to do any particular type of occupation, but rather to reach the center of the diagram. I weight circles #1 and #2 more heavily than #3, but I would never discount #3 entirely... it would suck to live as a pauper.

In order to even try to reach the center of the diagram, though, you first need to know what's in the circles. You have to learn yourself. Make it your mission to figure out what you're good at, what you like, what gives you a glow of satisfaction and what makes you utterly miserable. Take on new roles, learn new things, take a class or join a group or volunteer. Say you think there's a chance you might be good at being a teacher, but you're not sure if you really would, or whether you'd be any good at it. It's probably a bad idea to go for a degree in teaching. But you can volunteer to get trained to be a math tutor for underprivileged kids, and start to get a sense of what it would be like to teach. If it turns out you do like teaching, and living the high life is important to you, figure out what sorts of teachers get paid best (private tutors and tenured college professors, generally). If it works out, bam, new life goal! If it turns out you hate your volunteer tutoring gig, well, at least you maybe helped some kids get better at algebra. You won't know until you try.

Quote Originally Posted by batzilla
    But you can volunteer to get trained to be a math tutor for underprivileged kids, and start to get a sense of what it would be like to teach. If it turns out you do like teaching, and living the high life is important to you, figure out what sorts of teachers get paid best (private tutors and tenured college professors, generally). If it works out, bam, new life goal! If it turns out you hate your volunteer tutoring gig, well, at least you maybe helped some kids get better at algebra. You won't know until you try.
    Plus, maybe you'll meet a hot blond tutor and start a relationship with her. Or maybe you'll discover an interest or aptitude along the way for something related -- like, maybe you hate the tutoring but you really like designing math puzzles for the kids to solve.

Action > inaction.

Heya MG,

I feel for you man and have some ideas that might be helpful? My girlfriend was in the same boat. She worked 2 minimum wage jobs at a time, would come home and be exhausted and sleep. She felt really trapped.

You have decent computer skills I bet. You can type and use the internet which is more then most. if you have experience with word/excel or dont mind taking turotials online then do it.

Go to an office building (Look for bluecross/blue shield, or any other kind of big insurance building/banke tc) and try to get an entry level job doing customer service or data entry. You'll be making atleast 10+ dollars an hour. My girlfriend went in with her horrible computer skills and is going to be making 12 an hour.

Thats at least a good financial toehold to help you get moving forward.

cognitivedissonance's Avatar Junior Member

I'm *almost* doing it. I've had some success at tabletop game freelancing, and I put out a minicomic ever year. My dream is basically to just have my own little media empire of games, comics and eventually toys. Someday I'll be a cult sensation.

^^^ the above poster sounds right.

toxicat's Avatar catty member

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax Knucklebones
    I'm almost 40. Pipe dreams died off a long time ago. Now I just try to figure how and when I'll be able to retire. So far I'm at...After I'm dead.
    If it really is about age that's so sad. I mean, it's sad, anyway, but often these ideas really are age-influenced.
    As for me, I'm over 40 and the (old bag) pipes have barely begun to play!

Anna Evans's Avatar Senior Member

When I die, I want there to be more art in the world than if I'd never lived.

I want to be a happy, well adjusted human being with love in my life.

theDragon_svDragcos's Avatar "Vampyre" / Senior Member
    ...~"No where in paticular"~...I've never had any Regular home ~ I moved around a'Lot.

Why would One wish to be someone other than "Themselves",
    to Not be known for being Ones'Self but as Another,
    (*Look a Like celebs' - come to mind)....

IF One is Going to become what they feel within themselves
    THEY Should be that which is Whom' they know inside.

Many Have NOT - themselves...

I Always have Known My TRUE Essence & Blood-line history,
    Desires, Passions, Pursuits,
    what would I do or Be, IF Not Whom' I Am.

just - "Myself".
    a Passions Soul,
    ~ Artist, Vocalist, Performer,
    Creative individual, Warrior/Fighter,
    Writer, Vampyre, Gypsy, Bushido,..........

Find Your ones'Soul n' Breathe',
    Know your Mind's Eyes'...
    n' sense the Etherials Beyond
    Visual understandings.

+ Reply to Thread