+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Uber healthy blood pressure can make your arm sore

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Default Uber healthy blood pressure can make your arm sore

My dad is the coolest! He sent me a blood pressure checking machine. I've been playing with it since I knocked off work for the evening. Now my left arm is getting kind of sore. You would think I would have crazy high blood pressure, but it is actually ridiculously optimal.

Default Re: Uber healthy blood pressure can make your arm sore

Blood Pressure that would be called normal today, would have been rediculously high, several decades ago.

and your little dog too

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    Blood Pressure that would be called normal today, would have been rediculously high, several decades ago.

Why would that be? We eat more processed foods now.

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    Why would that be? We eat more processed foods now.
    More types of stress to deal with,etc.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

More types of stress to deal with,etc.
    Yeah cause those stress free 1900's where EASY...oh wait...WW1.

Well lets see the 1920's was pretty fun...oh yeah then the stock market crashed sending us into a horrible depression.

Hmm the 30's looked pretty good...oh yeah the whole rise of Fascist european countries.

40's maybe? Oh wait...WW2

50's? That HAD to be easy...dammit...Korean War and the Cold War in general.

The 60's was...oh yeah...race riots, cuban missle crisis, rapidly changing social and political culture, assassinated leaders, Vietnam...

the 70's!...oh yeah more Vietnam, Watergate, the whole oil embargo...

80's...Cold war heats up...stock market crashes again...MTV begisn to sodomize music.

Ah the 90's! Those were safe well adjusted times...provided you leave out the whole Waco, first WTC attack, Oklahoma City, and Ruby Ridge things...and the first gulf war.

Hmmm well what do ya know...stress is as high as it ever was.

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    Yeah cause those stress free 1900's where EASY...oh wait...WW1.

Well lets see the 1920's was pretty fun...oh yeah then the stock market crashed sending us into a horrible depression.

Hmm the 30's looked pretty good...oh yeah the whole rise of Fascist european countries.

40's maybe? Oh wait...WW2

50's? That HAD to be easy...dammit...Korean War and the Cold War in general.

The 60's was...oh yeah...race riots, cuban missle crisis, rapidly changing social and political culture, assassinated leaders, Vietnam...

the 70's!...oh yeah more Vietnam, Watergate, the whole oil embargo...

80's...Cold war heats up...stock market crashes again...MTV begisn to sodomize music.

Ah the 90's! Those were safe well adjusted times...provided you leave out the whole Waco, first WTC attack, Oklahoma City, and Ruby Ridge things...and the first gulf war.

Hmmm well what do ya know...stress is as high as it ever was.

Yeah, but all that stress adds up.

If you get a pie thrown at you by a guerilla, then even after you clean up all of the pie, and leave the guerilla, you still are stressed out about the next time you encounter a guerilla with pies.

Stress adds up.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

If you get a pie thrown at you by a guerilla, then even after you clean up all of the pie, and leave the guerilla, you still are stressed out about the next time you encounter a guerilla with pies.
    That makes no sense at all.

That makes no sense at all.
    Sure it does. If you go through that type of experience, you get kind of stressed out when around a guerilla , or a pie, due to the experience.

Stress from different events eventually adds up.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Sure it does. If you go through that type of experience, you get kind of stressed out when around a guerilla , or a pie, due to the experience.

Stress from different events eventually adds up.

uh...right. Your Gorilla analogy is just...off...and odd.

Stress only builds up if you have no release for it. That's why it's key to have something that takes your stress away like a hobby or activity. It's also basic physics. Look at a dam...water pressure is releived to prevent it from building up and destroying the dam.

Plus look at the cold hard facts...humans live longer today than at any other time in history and it keeps climbing. 2 Generations from now people 100+ may not be so rare. So your "vast build up" theory only applies to those who have no way to release their stress...and they are usually killed by stress RELATED illnesses.

Coping with stress is a basic skill you MUST learn to live your life to any level of joy...or else you spend more times worrying about life than actually living it...

Lastly...if a Gorilla throws a pie at you and you want it to stop...don't give it any more pie's...or just shoot the fucking thing and eat it. They are edible after all.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

Are gorillas cuisine some where in the world or are you just assuming they are edible?

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Are gorillas cuisine some where in the world or are you just assuming they are edible?
    Although I have never eaten a Guerilla, I assume doing so would be very akin to "sub-cannabalism".

Guerillas are famous ingredients in Meat Pies though.

uh...right.

Lastly...if a Gorilla throws a pie at you and you want it to stop...don't give it any more pie's...or just shoot the fucking thing and eat it. They are edible after all.
    But if you dont give the Guerilla Pies, he will get sad.

As for the Non-Existant Guerilla killing the Non-existant Guerilla?! Now you have just hurt the Non-Existant Guerilla's Non-Existant Feelings!

and your little dog too

I hate bad spelling.

Gorilla
    n : largest anthropoid ape; terrestrial and vegetarian; of forests of central west Africa
    \Go*ril"la\, n. [An African word; found in a Greek translation of a treatise in Punic by Hanno, a Carthaginian.] (Zo["o]l.) A large, arboreal, anthropoid ape of West Africa. It is larger than a man, and is remarkable for its massive skeleton and powerful muscles, which give it enormous strength. In some respects its anatomy, more than that of any other ape, except the chimpanzee, resembles that of man.

Guerrilla
    n. A member of an irregular, usually indigenous military or paramilitary unit operating in small bands in occupied territory to harass and undermine the enemy, as by surprise raids.
    \Guer*ril"la\, n. 1. An irregular mode of carrying on war, by the constant attacks of independent bands, adopted in the north of Spain during the Peninsular war.
    Note: The term guerrilla is the diminutive of the Spanish word guerra, war, and means petty war, that is, war carried on by detached parties; generally in the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by karyn
    I hate bad spelling.

Gorilla
    n : largest anthropoid ape; terrestrial and vegetarian; of forests of central west Africa
    \Go*ril"la\, n. [An African word; found in a Greek translation of a treatise in Punic by Hanno, a Carthaginian.] (Zo["o]l.) A large, arboreal, anthropoid ape of West Africa. It is larger than a man, and is remarkable for its massive skeleton and powerful muscles, which give it enormous strength. In some respects its anatomy, more than that of any other ape, except the chimpanzee, resembles that of man.

Guerrilla
    n. A member of an irregular, usually indigenous military or paramilitary unit operating in small bands in occupied territory to harass and undermine the enemy, as by surprise raids.
    \Guer*ril"la\, n. 1. An irregular mode of carrying on war, by the constant attacks of independent bands, adopted in the north of Spain during the Peninsular war.
    Note: The term guerrilla is the diminutive of the Spanish word guerra, war, and means petty war, that is, war carried on by detached parties; generally in the mountains.
    I apologize, but my analogies and descriptions still apply in either case.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by AmeliaG
    Parts of Africa eat them regularly...oddly enough Animal conservationists are trying to stop these communities from hunting and eating them since it's thinning out the Gorilla numbers in such regions. Pretty rare you'll find them eaten outside of these communities though. I'm curious what they would taste like though.

Parts of Africa eat them regularly...oddly enough Animal conservationists are trying to stop these communities from hunting and eating them since it's thinning out the Gorilla numbers in such regions. Pretty rare you'll find them eaten outside of these communities though. I'm curious what they would taste like though.
    I forgot who told me, but somebody said that they either tasted like Human, or Horse types of meat.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I say: if you get hit with a pie by a gorilla, throw a pie at him, see how he likes it. If niether of you dies in the ensuing pie fight, you've made a friend for life...
    K

+ Reply to Thread