+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Violence.

Mother Superior

Default Violence.

How do you feel about violence in general? Do you use violence if necessary or do you walk away? I think to most, violence is a natural way of solving things, not saying the proper way but that's usually what happens when certain folks get provoked. Myself, If someone wanted to kick my ass, I would'nt walk away. These days it just isn't fists though, someone is always brandishing a weapon, that's ridiculous.

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

Default Re: Violence.

i try to avoid it but evry once in a while some poeople need a good ass kicking

koolagh's Avatar Resident Barbarian

Considering my size and my wrestling training, I usually try to evaluate the situation. If the person is smaller than me, I am very good at talking them down. If they insist upon continuing their aggresion, I never throw the first punch, but can fold them into nice little packages and have them crying for momma. If they are larger than myself, again with my previous training, I will use the same method as described before, only with a good bit more convincing. As for weapons, if someone is stupid enough to get within three feet of me with one, I can guarantee that weapon is going right up their ass.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I like violence, even senseless violence, but that's because I'm an asshole.
    Last winter, I saw some woman riding her bike, with one of these little trailers with her baby inside. Then she tried braking on ice, I thought "awesome idea, Sherlock", and then she crashed and the kid fell out of the trailer.
    I didn't help her because I like the idea of stupid people destroying themselves.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

I must say that when it comes down to fighting, for a reason, not just because some kid looked at me, my fave weapons are my own two fists, can't drop 'em. I really don't like to fight, it takes ALOT to get me to the point where I want to throw a punch at some one. The last guy I threw apunch at, I broke his jaw in 5 places, but then he was trying to put hus fingers in my --err-- private places. Good old fasioned right hook and I was banned from the club for being a danger to people. BS -- It was self defense and the manager knew it, too. Oh well. It's been almost a year since then. I really don't like to fight, I can find so many better outlets for my energy.
    K

Dark Z's Avatar Anime or Guns? Hmmm......

Hmmm...

It depends on the Circumstances, but if you're asking "Could I kill someone in cold Blood" I'd probably have to say yes, depending on the circumstances.

Violence and the Threat of Violence can be effective tools in acheiving one's goals. Over reliance on violence can make others view you as bad, while a lack of Violent tendencies can label you as weak, and an "Easy Mark." So it's important to think before you use Violence.

anyway, I reccomend that everyone able to get one should obtain a Concealed Carry Permit. because you never know when you'll need to turn your Coat into a Walking Arsenal.

Histrionica's Avatar Hardhearted Hellion

No one's ever provoked me enough to fight them. There was a time though, a babysitter tried to keep my son from me. I busted her door right off of its frame and when she saw the look on my face she screamed and backed away from my son so that i could retrieve him.

So, even though i have never been particularly physically violent in that way - i have no doubt i could/would be, if given the right circumstances.

~Histrionica~

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

I don't think violence should be the first thing that pops into one's head if someone accidentally steps on your foot, for instance. I don't believe in senseless violence on my part, i.e. I won't go up to any random person and start a fight with them. But it should be there for self-defense, because in some situations, certain people are not going to stop pushing/shoving/picking on you until you break their face.

I used to get abused daily in elementary/middle school and if I knew anything about any martial art (and had a spine to boot), I would have gotten violent. But I didn't take up martial arts till I was 12, and I stuck with it for 4.5 years until I moved out to go to college. But ever since people heard I was taking martial arts (it's a small town), I was left alone. And I've been left alone ever since. Now my interest in violent arts/sports is merely a hobby...

Sceptic_Messiah's Avatar Senior Member

i've done alot of martial arts in my life and have entred competitions from it and all sorts and that seems to vent any anger in me but i've never been in a real fight but i've gotten close once or twice

Depends on the Situation, and the Person/People involved.

Amelia G's Avatar chick in charge

I'm a member of the weapons school and Aristocats rule. Ladies mustn't start fights, but they can finish them. I am really disinclined to be involved in a violent interaction of any kind, but I would have no moral issues whatsoever with shooting someone who attacked me.

keiko's Avatar baker of geekery

When some one attacks me, my fave defense (taught to me by Sifu Lo), is to block their every attempt as long as possible. This will infuriate the attacker to the point where they make mistakes, ie : leaving themselves wide open for a well placed kidney punch. If the initial pain doesn't discourage further attatcks, the next three days of pissing blood will drive home the idea that maybe they shouldn't fuck with me any more...
    K

Although If the person does not deserve to be hurt, I hate Violence. If they did something mean enough to earn it, then dont hold back.

Quote Originally Posted by keiko
    When some one attacks me, my fave defense (taught to me by Sifu Lo), is to block their every attempt as long as possible. This will infuriate the attacker to the point where they make mistakes, ie : leaving themselves wide open for a well placed kidney punch. If the initial pain doesn't discourage further attatcks, the next three days of pissing blood will drive home the idea that maybe they shouldn't fuck with me any more...
    K

+ Reply to Thread