+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Order a clone.

Default Order a clone.

Now they have places where you can order clones for stuff such as cat, dogs, and other creatures. They can do the same to humans, but that is still kind of illegal.

They have already cloned some Bengaal Kittens.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Default Re: Order a clone.

And you have proof of this where? You can't make a statement like that without backing it up in some way.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Tequila Zaire
    And you have proof of this where? You can't make a statement like that without backing it up in some way.
    Well I just googled the topic...
    http://www.dogmap.ch/help/bac/main_order.htm
    Thats all the proof i could find...

It was on the news this afternoon. I forgot what channel, but it should be on their site.

On a side note, when "I" am saying something, you always bet 100% that it will be true.

I cant remember the original site they had, but here is a site that is related to that. It may even be the site, but I dont remember.

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/clones/kitten.html

Same place but I have been just about everywhere inbetween

Reminds me of a Decendents song.....

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by BrightStar
    On a side note, when "I" am saying something, you always bet 100% that it will be true.
    No offense but I wouldn't trust you to tell me the sky is blue.

No offense but I wouldn't trust you to tell me the sky is blue.
    Bah!

Clones have no souls....and having the same pet for like 20 yrs. is just creepy

Quote Originally Posted by bleedingaway
    Clones have no souls....and having the same pet for like 20 yrs. is just creepy
    Sure they do.

Cloning is re-creating, Cloning is NOT ressurecting.

If you clone a person, they will have a totally different personality from the cell donor. The only way to make them similar is from certain genetic mental type stuff, and if they have the exact same type of environment.

Either way though, Cloning is still creepy, but can be useful.

It would be cool to create clones for replacement parts, or if you make a clone with either no brain, or a blank brain.

Then you could do a brain transplant and extend your life, or a memory type transfer, which is almost the same.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Sure they do.

Cloning is re-creating, Cloning is NOT ressurecting.

If you clone a person, they will have a totally different personality from the cell donor. The only way to make them similar is from certain genetic mental type stuff, and if they have the exact same type of environment.
    First...to ressurect something it would have to be dead. And Cloning IS very much ressurecting since cloning the dead is a big part of the uses for such a technology.

Second...It's never been proven that the personality of a clone would or would not be the same as the person from which it is based on. You have to remember that for the time being clones are raised from a child onward...but when direct cloning becomes possible...it's a whole new ballgame both physically and psychologically. Imagien being cloned as you are now FULLY...not a fun idea for some and the very peak of human technology for another.

It'll break in the Military first though like most tech does...imagine it...an army that never depleats and can be infinately reborn. Great way for absolute peace...or unending war.

First...to ressurect something it would have to be dead. And Cloning IS very much ressurecting since cloning the dead is a big part of the uses for such a technology.

Second...It's never been proven that the personality of a clone would or would not be the same as the person from which it is based on. You have to remember that for the time being clones are raised from a child onward...but when direct cloning becomes possible...it's a whole new ballgame both physically and psychologically. Imagien being cloned as you are now FULLY...not a fun idea for some and the very peak of human technology for another.

It'll break in the Military first though like most tech does...imagine it...an army that never depleats and can be infinately reborn. Great way for absolute peace...or unending war.
    But the Original Kitten from where they got the cells is still alive.

I believe that an essence in nature dweels in everything,yet something that is manafactured and a false represntation of something that should have been extinguished is still around....it doesn't share the same experiences or hardships as it's former creator soo in that sense you cannot transfer a soul to a body that is simply produced...sure it's alive but your ony trying to get it to be exactly like the donor...

gonesavage's Avatar That Crazy Chinese Woman
    born in canada, grew up in rochester, NY (the sticks)

Sure they do.
    This is a question that depends on your spiritual background rather than science background. Whether someone has a soul or not is not determined by the actual study of genomes and genes, but crosses into theology.

It would be cool to create clones for replacement parts, or if you make a clone with either no brain, or a blank brain.
    You can't make a clone with a "blank brain". Here's a tidbit about it: "For starters, whatever consciousness is, it doesn't reside in any one brain structure or set of genes that could be easily removed from the clone before or during its development. Moreover, attempting to surgically or genetically erase someone's "consciousness" is itself morally dubious. It would also be hard to know if your "technique" worked. A person can look and behave like a mindless vegetable but have a very active mind - witness the paralysed French writer, Jean-Dominique Bauby, who dictated a 130 page novel by moving an eyelid." -- from About.com

Then you could do a brain transplant and extend your life, or a memory type transfer, which is almost the same.
    It seems to me that right now, brain transplants/memory transfers are more science fiction than fact. If you're saying it can be done, then please link some articles.

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage

It seems to me that right now, brain transplants/memory transfers are more science fiction than fact. If you're saying it can be done, then please link some articles.
    Right now, I doubt that there are any current safe types of methods.
    Any brain transplants that have "succeeded", have resulted in the damage to the brain or the mind of the brain transplant patient, to the extent that it did so much harm to the brain or mind, that both transplant subjects were almost totally useless as beings after. They have mainly tried this kind of study on animals, although there have been some rumours of illegal human experiments.

http://www.pubmedcentral.gov/article...i?artid=391898

Hula Hoop Supervisor

But the Original Kitten from where they got the cells is still alive.
    Point being?

You can clone from the living...though cloning from the dead is where the technology ultimately wants to go. So to say Cloning is not ressurection is simply false.

Point being?

You can clone from the living...though cloning from the dead is where the technology ultimately wants to go. So to say Cloning is not ressurection is simply false.
    I was quoting what they said.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

Quote Originally Posted by gonesavage
    You can't make a clone with a "blank brain". .
    Actually that's what some are trying to do but they are not calling it so much a clone as organ harvesting. Basicly a copy of healthy organs to be used in transplants...from eyes to internal parts. However this is VERY much on the drawing board. Plus "growing" organs is another viable option for this idea as well. It's very much in the works though and would be a medical miricle if it comes to pass.

Hula Hoop Supervisor

I was quoting what they said.
    They who? If you quote someone then you have to say who it is. We can't read your mind.

They who? If you quote someone then you have to say who it is. We can't read your mind.
    The people in the link I posted.

TheQuietPlace's Avatar The Delivery Expert

Cloning is VERY much a controversial subject. I'm actually neutral on this subject, if it helps to better mankind, I'm all for it. If it doesn't, then a mistake has been made, and we learn from it.

postcoital's Avatar Curiously Strong Altoid

I need a clone to clean my fridge. And to beat the shit out of my roommate, while I'm busy playing Doom3

KilLAtomiK's Avatar Ceci n'est pas une pirate

i want clone to raise as my son

+ Reply to Thread