+ Reply to Thread

Thread: There ain't no justice

Default There ain't no justice

Well, I'm a little fucked off right now.

My piercing mate, Tom, has been working for the same company for about five years. They're a hairdressing franchise, but they also do piercings and other stuff as well. In Adelaide there are four places you go for piercings 1) A tattoo shop/private piercer 2) you do it yourself 3) Hairhouse Warehouse (where my mate worked) 4) Essential Beauty.

IF you do it at EB you get infections and they'll do it wrong, if you do it through a private piercer, you wanna make damn sure you know them, if you do it at home you better know how to do it OR you visit, Tom, Tim or Saz at HHW.

HHW has always had the best piercers around, excepting Morag, and if you want a genital piercing YOU GO TO TOM. Fullstop.

He just got fired by HHW because he was protecting his fiance from these mall rat thugs that hang out outside one of the bigger outer-suburbia malls. I've been in scuffles with these kids before, they're about 20 - 25, smell of liquor and don't do much but harrass people and hang outside at close.

Tom and his partner Yettie have attitude, no denying that, but when mall security fails to show up when you've called, you end up getting beaten (he lost his right ear and it was a BIG fleshy (big enough for iPod microphones)), you retaliate. Now because him and yettie (he's 32, shes 20) have kicked the crap out of these non-paying-loitering assholes OUTSIDE the jurisdiction of the mall, they've been fired. It's a bad image.

FUCKING BULLSHIT ARRRRRGGGGHHH!

[calms himself] so yeah, now they're outta work. Just felt like I needed to post this. I'm sick of business putting image or profits over people. I have a huge thing with the stock market, registered companies and alot of other gripes but this just kills me. It's only going to damage business anyway, it'll just give him reason to set-up shop again at home - already had plans for that anyway, but seriously .. .. .. .. where is it dammit? Justice OR security guards in the first place.

Note: I understand that the beaten took place outside of mall jurisdiction but it began with the rats sexually harrassing Yettie INSIDE the mall, where Tom told them to fuck off. Outside the rats were waiting.

aXa's Avatar Senior Member

Default Re: There ain't no justice

where is HHW located in relation to the mall in question?

OK. I've had it all clarified.

Yettie was waiting for a train on the platform outside the mall, where she was harrassed (got more than a few nail scratches on her arm), which is also outside the mall and security jurisdiction (apparently .. seems fucking stupid if they can't patrol the station less than fifteen metres away and in the car park they patrol). Tom came outside and managed to hit one of the guys and gave out a dishing of abuse.

On the way inside Yettie hit the glass door in anger/frustration when she was then harrassed by mall security for hitting the door (which isn't broken). Security made a thing out of it and head office of Hair House Warehouse was contacted. Yettie is an apprentice hairdresser their and Tom pierces there.

The rat that Tom hit filed a police complaint and Tom came under suspicion and Yetties statement wasn't accepted apparently for some reason they couldn't explain.

In the end, Tom was told one of them had to go, so he volunteered as long as Yettie could keep her job. He knows he can get business elsewhere, but they requested that HE fire his fiance cause he "could explain the situation better". They fired Yettie, so Tom quit. Now they're out a piercer (did damn good business too) and they're out of work.

Stressing Tom out though, but he's found a shop to lease so he'll set up shortly with some savings he has and a small loan from Yetties mum who has a little to spare.

Still .. .. it's a very strange situation indeed.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

wow thats fucking lame. holy shit
    but way cool that hes leased a place to set up his own shop.. i hope that really works out for him

It should be alright. THe plans are that the waiting area of the shop will be a clean, painted art gallery, so the walls will be rentable space and that the back of the shop will run the piercing. His aim is to have a really clean place, he's a neat freak so it should work out the way he plans. Most of the fitting out he'll do himself with friends help cause he's pretty much a jack of all trades. I'm looking for work for him in the mean time till he's able to set up something substantial.

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

sweet, sounds like itll be an awesome shop

+ Reply to Thread