+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carsalesman Ripp off more than they can Chew

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

Default Carsalesman Ripp off more than they can Chew

Theft ring busted at West Seattle used car dealership

As many as 11 employees at the Huling Brothers car dealership in West Seattle are under investigation for allegedly bilking an elderly mentally ill man out of $30,000 and stealing another $70,000.

According to Seattle Police Department spokesman Sean Whitcomb, a 60-year-old man visited the dealership last July and said he wanted to purchase a $30,000 truck in cash. Covered in urine and feces, the victim told a salesman he had about $70,000 more in cash at home, say police.

After taking the man's $30,000 for the truck, the salesman bragged about the sale and reportedly told other employees about the cash, said Whitcomb. The employees then allegedly took turns burglarizing the victim's apartment, and a few plotted an elaborate scheme to take his truck and more of his money.

Washington State Troopers investigating a stolen BMW case were tipped off to the car dealership employees' activities when they interviewed a car theft suspect in Chelan County. Troopers then worked on a joint investigation with Seattle Police Department investigators into the theft ring.

Three of the primary suspects - sales manager Adrian Dillard, 32, of Normandy Park; salesman Theodore E. Coxwell, 39, of Edmonds; and salesman Paul R. Rimbey, 39, of Seattle - have been taken into custudy and charged with burglary, theft and conspiracy.

Authorities say Huling Brothers car dealership has cooperated through the entire investigation. They've taken steps to have the involved employees prosecuted to the fullest extent and have reimbursed the victim for the $30,000 he paid for the truck.

Meanwhile, the victim has been transferred to Western State Hospital where he is currently receiving treatment for his mental illness.

Whitcomb offered more details in the case, which involved 11 car dealership employees.

Whitcomb said one of the primary suspects devised a scheme in which he coaxed the victim to sign documents that sold the truck over to him for $1,200, plus pay him a $300 "service charge."

The salesman used a notary at Harborview to witness the deal, then used a notary from the dealership to fraudulently notarize additional documents. The salesman planned to sell the car, then split the proceeds with two other car salesmen, said Whitcomb.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~

Now the reason I find this humorous, is that i used to work for them. A few years ago I was a used car-salesman.

Glad I got out of that business!!!!!

mmmcherry's Avatar CHERRALICIOUS!!!

Default Re: Carsalesman Ripp off more than they can Chew

ghaaa what a bunch of dicks! what the hell!
    im glad you got out of there too man

For them in particular, or the field in general? Not that it'd make it any better.

Bondage Clown's Avatar Butter up da Goat

This comes like 10-12 days after Steve Huling sells the Dealership too! Huling Brothers takes up about 6 blocks of real estate, and has 6 dealerships within the confine

Jesus. Well, they're bastards haha.

How was it working for those guys? I kind of wanted to try the sales business at one point just to see how good I could be and see what a comission based job is actually like to work.

+ Reply to Thread